Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 16 Producer Sean Ramjagsingh has just confirmed that you can edit players in NHL 16.

Quote:
In NHL 16, you will have the ability to edit players from all 10 professional hockey leagues featured in-game. From there you can edit a players General Information, Appearance, Equipment, or Attributes. This feature is available in the NHL 16 main menu, Be a GM, Season and Playoff mode.

Read the entire message here.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Bluesfanforlife15 @ 06/23/15 04:02 PM
I have a question regarding this topic. So when you go to edit players in be a gm, can you edit a prospects potential?

# 82 Ebpmd @ 06/23/15 08:55 PM
Can you edit players names? I would love to create historic seasons.

# 83 Bluesfanforlife15 @ 06/24/15 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmutat17
I not too sure about this year's installment for editing players ratings IN gm mode, but if you wanted to edit players you had to go to the creation center. I hope that answered your question.

And 'yes', you can edit potential.
Thanks for your response. I have played nhl games forever but never have edited players so was curious about editing potential

# 84 StraightEdge @ 06/26/15 12:51 AM
Great job by EA for pointlessly taking out a feature that's been prominent in every sports game for over a decade now, and re-adding it a year later.

# 85 Reiny09 @ 06/26/15 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge
Great job by EA for pointlessly taking out a feature that's been prominent in every sports game for over a decade now, and re-adding it a year later.
Yup and threads like this one are exactly why EA is able to continue all of the anti-consumer practices we have all come to know and love. They know that they can get away with removing major features of a game that are pretty much a standard with any other developer because they know everyone will come crawling back to them, wallet in hand, as soon as they make an announcement like the one we see here.

While I do agree with everyone that it is very good news that we are getting edit player back, I think everyone should still have a little skepticism before making a buying decision and making any preorders. We have not yet seen actual gameplay footage and have been fooled by EA before.

At the end of the day, this is great news for the series and the fans. I really appreciate that they actually listened to what people had to say this time. I just hope people have a little patience to see how everything is implemented and how the game plays before praising EA like they just cured cancer.

# 86 pezdaddy @ 06/26/15 12:07 PM
whatever happened with the NHL2k series? I know they made a comeback with the series on phones/tablets, but are they considering coming back to consoles?

ea wouldn't be able to pull this crap with the NHL series if they actually had competition on the current gen consoles

# 87 Reiny09 @ 06/26/15 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezdaddy
whatever happened with the NHL2k series? I know they made a comeback with the series on phones/tablets, but are they considering coming back to consoles?

ea wouldn't be able to pull this crap with the NHL series if they actually had competition on the current gen consoles
Yup they made a mobile game last year and I think everyone here is hoping they were using it to test the market to see if there would be a demand for it. As far as I know they haven't announced any plans to get back into consoles but I think everyone would welcome more competition for EA.

# 88 KomicJ @ 06/27/15 01:10 PM
Let's just hope we'll be able to edit things like jersey numbers, contract lenght, salaries, etc.

# 89 actionhank @ 06/30/15 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KomicJ
Let's just hope we'll be able to edit things like jersey numbers, contract lenght, salaries, etc.
I love what The Show has. Being able to edit players ratings and equipment mid season is a great touch. If someone on my team gets hot, I don't mind editing their attributes a bit.

# 90 mcavner @ 07/09/15 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I love what The Show has. Being able to edit players ratings and equipment mid season is a great touch. If someone on my team gets hot, I don't mind editing their attributes a bit.
It's such a 'do-able' tweak that makes a HUGE difference. I wish all games just opened up their attributes etc. to editing. It solves so many major issues the offline gamers have (e.g. progression, appearance, restarting dynasties/franchises when players improve/decline).

I really don't understand why they aren't all open, tbh. It smacks of arrogance to me. And if game companies think allowing editing would hurt sales I think they're dead wrong - I think the opposite is true. My dollars are almost always only spent on games that allow editing.

Just look at the ridiculous lengths communities go to to crack open these games so they can change someone's haircut or edit rookies... there's obviously a strong desire for such functionality.

# 91 actionhank @ 07/09/15 01:07 PM
Part of me thinks (in a purely conspiracy theory way) that it's because if you can actually perfect and edit the game, doing things like digitally sharing rosters and creating entire teams for yourself, you might be less inclined to buy the next version.

I think The Show kind of shows that to be not true, the majority of the time. While I was still playing The Show 13 happily a few months ago (until the PS3 died) I still wanted to get 14 and now 15. I just didn't have a PS4, and couldn't justify getting new games for a PS3 I knew was going to die.

Roster editing and sharing makes the experience more enjoyable, but there's only so much it can do in regards to improving the game. The Show has a great foundation of gameplay and game modes, and the roster sharing and editing is just icing on top of an already awesome cupcake.

# 92 canucksss @ 07/09/15 02:24 PM
Quote:
Part of me thinks (in a purely conspiracy theory way) that it's because if you can actually perfect and edit the game, doing things like digitally sharing rosters and creating entire teams for yourself, you might be less inclined to buy the next version.

I think The Show kind of shows that to be not true, the majority of the time. While I was still playing The Show 13 happily a few months ago (until the PS3 died) I still wanted to get 14 and now 15. I just didn't have a PS4, and couldn't justify getting new games for a PS3 I knew was going to die.

Roster editing and sharing makes the experience more enjoyable, but there's only so much it can do in regards to improving the game. The Show has a great foundation of gameplay and game modes, and the roster sharing and editing is just icing on top of an already awesome cupcake.
I am inclined to believe that the reason why EA does not allow us to have it because it could mess up their design in the succeeding seasons under BaGM. Worst, the manual rosters could expose the weakness of EA's design about gameplay, which by the way is already ugly to begin with.

# 93 xcvbh @ 07/14/15 10:13 AM
Nice. This, along with ability to play AHL games in GM Mode, make it likely I'll buy this game again after a year break.

# 94 jdl24 @ 09/07/15 09:52 PM
Can jersey numbers and captaincy be edited for play now games?

# 95 cowellj @ 09/08/15 12:29 PM
Is there going to be roster sharing for PS4?
Like we used to do on the PS3?

# 96 actionhank @ 09/08/15 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowellj
Is there going to be roster sharing for PS4?
Like we used to do on the PS3?
I believe EA has said that won't be possible. The Revamped Roster team has posted hints that they might have a possible workaround, but for now, it seems like it might not be possible.

# 97 cowellj @ 09/08/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
I believe EA has said that won't be possible. The Revamped Roster team has posted hints that they might have a possible workaround, but for now, it seems like it might not be possible.
That's garbage, of course it's possible

# 98 AdamJones113 @ 09/08/15 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowellj
That's garbage, of course it's possible
I'm sure the team would love to hear your plan. So far, extracting rosters from the console/uploading/re-inputting is looking very unlikely.

# 99 bad_philanthropy @ 09/08/15 06:37 PM
Just a heads up on some small issues with editing and Be a GM day one outlined by YewyBear:

-CAPs, if edited, just duplicate the CAP with edits in place (user in video ended up with two Dylan Larkin's)
-any edited players' draft history gets set to first overall. In other words, every player you edit ends up having their draft position listed as first overall in their year.
-auto rotate goalies doesn't work is assistant coach edit lines is set to off

CAP thing is a must fix. Other things are small, but I'd like them sorted.

# 100 manny2012 @ 09/08/15 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
YES!

Now, if we could have more pressure in the Neutral Zone....
Geesh, some people are never happy...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.