Home
News Post

The Microsoft Press Briefing for E3 kicks off at 9:30 PT, 12:30 ET. You can watch the briefing live above and we will also be providing relevant news and notes in the space below. Feel free to comment as you watch!

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, here is the archive. It starts at roughly the 17:28 mark.

News from the Press Conference:
  • Backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games is coming. 100 titles will be available by the fall, more coming later. You will not have to pay for any of this. If you have the disc, the console will download the game for you. In addition, it will conceivably be based on what digital games were purchased in the past. The one major caveat at this point seems to be it's up to the publishers to allow the title to be downloaded and played.
  • A wireless "elite" controller was announced and will be released in the fall. See a pic of the new controller here.
  • Madden will release on August 25, but you can play it on August 20 if you have EA Access.
  • All EA games will be able to be played early via EA Access on Xbox One.
  • All Xbox Live Gold members can play EA Access for free this week as well (titles include all the '15 sports titles).
  • We just uploaded the Forza 6 E3 Gameplay Trailer. Watch it here.
  • XBox Game Preview will allow users to play games from Independent Developers as they are being developed (Think: Steam Early Access). This program will have free trials for all games available before you buy so you can give the game a spin.[/url]
  • Here is the full list of currently announced backwards compatible games for Xbox 360 to Xbox One. No Sports Games are on the list yet, but we know over 100 will be available.
  • RC Pro-Am will be one of the games in the collection Rare is releasing on August 4.
  • And that's a wrap! Not much sports gaming news, but lots of improvements coming to the Xbox One user experience is a huge plus!

Member Comments
# 41 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
So is there actually anything backwards wise available now to preview members?
I'm a preview member but I dont own any of the games on the initial list. The only 360 games I own are all sports related.

# 42 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 01:42 PM
I love owning both consoles. In the past, I'd watch one of the major conferences and get jealous that I couldnt play the exclusives.

On another note, one hour in and no announcement of a certain rumored Xbox one exclusive football game.

# 43 Aggies7 @ 06/15/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
Would kind of kill psnow wouldn't it?

I haven't used psnow so I don't know how much it would effect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Lol. A rare pirate open world adventure game.

Looks fun.

I'm intrigued by this usually not my cup of tea. But may check this out.

# 44 CC @ 06/15/15 01:44 PM
If that Sea of Thieves game is actually exclusive, it's the first thing that might get me to buy a ONE.

# 45 The JareBear @ 06/15/15 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
If that Sea of Thieves game is actually exclusive, it's the first thing that might get me to buy a ONE.
Yeah that was pretty tasty.

# 46 DanH35 @ 06/15/15 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm a preview member but I dont own any of the games on the initial list. The only 360 games I own are all sports related.
Is there a website for the list of compatible games, or is it on the console somewhere?

# 47 Candyman5 @ 06/15/15 01:48 PM
Holy ****. That hologram thing is cool.

# 48 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Is there a website for the list of compatible games, or is it on the console somewhere?
Not yet. Probably after the conference ends.

# 49 Aggies7 @ 06/15/15 01:51 PM
Quote:
Not yet. Probably after the conference ends.

Yea and I think he said Holiday 2015 so might not be a list release until Fall.

# 50 The JareBear @ 06/15/15 01:51 PM
Quote:
Holy ****. That hologram thing is cool.
This is one of the craziest things I have ever seen...is this just for Minecraft or is this gonna become a mainstream thing?

# 51 Candyman5 @ 06/15/15 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
This is the craziest thing I have ever seen...is this just for Minecraft or is this gonna become a mainstream thing?
Supposed to be wide range but just minecraft for now.

# 52 Aggies7 @ 06/15/15 01:55 PM
Quote:
Supposed to be wide range but just minecraft for now.

I have never played MineCraft and probably never will, but that was unbelievable technology.

# 53 ricky24 @ 06/15/15 01:56 PM
Quote:

Can you link me to the list by any chance?

# 54 CC @ 06/15/15 01:58 PM
Gears is cool and all, but it isnt the same without Marcus and The Cole Train, so not that excited for this, although it does look pretty.

# 55 areobee401 @ 06/15/15 01:59 PM
Gears beta

# 56 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 01:59 PM
Quote:
Can you link me to the list by any chance?
No link. Just going off of the games that were listed on the screen.

# 57 DJ @ 06/15/15 02:00 PM
No Joe Montana 16 exclusive.

# 58 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 02:01 PM
And.......no new football game.

# 59 LingeringRegime @ 06/15/15 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
No Joe Montana 16 exclusive.
Did they even show it at all? So depressing if not.

# 60 Aggies7 @ 06/15/15 02:01 PM
Did he just say even more reason to update from your 360 to the One? Can someone let him know NCAA compatibility is the only thing holding some folks back.

And about the Football game...he did say more surprises this week on their daily show. But I have to believe if it was true they would've unveiled that day one. Just my opinion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.