Home
News Post

The Microsoft Press Briefing for E3 kicks off at 9:30 PT, 12:30 ET. You can watch the briefing live above and we will also be providing relevant news and notes in the space below. Feel free to comment as you watch!

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, here is the archive. It starts at roughly the 17:28 mark.

News from the Press Conference:
  • Backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games is coming. 100 titles will be available by the fall, more coming later. You will not have to pay for any of this. If you have the disc, the console will download the game for you. In addition, it will conceivably be based on what digital games were purchased in the past. The one major caveat at this point seems to be it's up to the publishers to allow the title to be downloaded and played.
  • A wireless "elite" controller was announced and will be released in the fall. See a pic of the new controller here.
  • Madden will release on August 25, but you can play it on August 20 if you have EA Access.
  • All EA games will be able to be played early via EA Access on Xbox One.
  • All Xbox Live Gold members can play EA Access for free this week as well (titles include all the '15 sports titles).
  • We just uploaded the Forza 6 E3 Gameplay Trailer. Watch it here.
  • XBox Game Preview will allow users to play games from Independent Developers as they are being developed (Think: Steam Early Access). This program will have free trials for all games available before you buy so you can give the game a spin.[/url]
  • Here is the full list of currently announced backwards compatible games for Xbox 360 to Xbox One. No Sports Games are on the list yet, but we know over 100 will be available.
  • RC Pro-Am will be one of the games in the collection Rare is releasing on August 4.
  • And that's a wrap! Not much sports gaming news, but lots of improvements coming to the Xbox One user experience is a huge plus!

Member Comments
# 61 areobee401 @ 06/15/15 02:02 PM
Biggest takeaway is seeing Gears go back to directional pad weapon switching. Hopefully that means 4 stays as far away from Judgement as possible.

# 62 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
And.......no new football game.
Yep... let the madness begin.

# 63 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Did they even show it at all? So depressing if not.
Nope. No reference. No video clip. Nothing.

Thats why we decided to stop the speculation. All of that speculation based on one random OS post.

# 64 Bull_Dozer @ 06/15/15 02:03 PM
So is Joe Montana Football just an elaborate hoax or what?

# 65 DJ @ 06/15/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Did he just say even more reason to update from your 360 to the One? Can someone let him know NCAA compatibility is the only thing holding some folks back.

And about the Football game...he did say more surprises this week on their daily show. But I have to believe if it was true they would've unveiled that day one. Just my opinion.
I think they way they would've announced today, if it is an Xbox One exclusive, is if it had the NFL license. No way they're dropping footage of generic players/teams on a stage like E3.

# 66 Aggies7 @ 06/15/15 02:04 PM
Is this next show on Spike all Xbox One games or all systems Only reason I ask since Sony hasn't had their conference yet can they even show anything from PS4

# 67 ricky24 @ 06/15/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
No link. Just going off of the games that were listed on the screen.

Ah ok. I missed it. Was watching on my phone.

# 68 LingeringRegime @ 06/15/15 02:05 PM
Quote:

Thats why we decided to stop the speculation. All of that speculation based on one random OS post.
When will we learn that HHG is not a reputable source.

# 69 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer
Nope. I think its a game. I think they plan to make some sort of announcement this week. We just know now that its likely not a Xbox one exclusive.

# 70 LingeringRegime @ 06/15/15 02:06 PM
Quote:
Nope. I think its a game. I think they plan to make some sort of announcement this week. We just know now that its likely not a Xbox one exclusive.
That's good then. I can't afford another console right now.

# 71 PaleVermilion @ 06/15/15 02:06 PM
Quote:

In fairness, we have more than just one random post that there is indeed SOME type of football game being made.

Edit: just saw your other post.

# 72 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer
Luckily they are back so we'll find out soon enough..

# 73 zasbury25 @ 06/15/15 02:08 PM
Initial Backwards Compatibility List:

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piņata

Viva Piņata: TIP

http://www.polygon.com/e3-2015/2015/...-with-xbox-360

# 74 DJ @ 06/15/15 02:09 PM
Strong opening to E3 by Microsoft. It'll be interesting to see what Sony and Nintendo have up their sleeves.

EA's conference is also coming up soon. Hopefully we get some decent in-game footage of this year's titles.

# 75 roadman @ 06/15/15 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Strong opening to E3 by Microsoft. It'll be interesting to see what Sony and Nintendo have up their sleeves.

EA's conference is also coming up soon. Hopefully we get some decent in-game footage of this year's titles.
When is that, 3:00pm Central Time?

I have on SpikeTV and they have a Fast and Furious movie scheduled for 2:00pm lol

# 76 brandon27 @ 06/15/15 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zasbury25
Initial Backwards Compatibility List:

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piņata

Viva Piņata: TIP

http://www.polygon.com/e3-2015/2015/...-with-xbox-360

Well, that kind of sucks. Only thing I had on that list was HexicHD, so I assume that's all I'd be able to play? Or are we able to access any of these titles? I was able to connect for 5 minutes to watch the video where they announced the BC, then I saw the controller bid, then my buddy in IT called and told me to shut it down before someone else in the dept. caught on.

# 77 Skyboxer @ 06/15/15 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
When is that, 3:00pm Central Time?

I have on SpikeTV and they have a Fast and Furious movie scheduled for 2:00pm lol
yep.. 4est

# 78 ricky24 @ 06/15/15 02:20 PM
Mostly rare titles on that list huh? Explains why it didn't leak out. Kind of weird gears is not on there though.

# 79 DanH35 @ 06/15/15 02:21 PM
I was hoping the South Park game would be on the list, hopefully it will be in the future. It's the only last gen game I wanted to play but didn't get to.

# 80 brandon27 @ 06/15/15 02:24 PM
The only thing that sucks for me is I traded most of my X360 discs back in when I bought my One.

I still have NCAA, and Ace Combat 6, and the one after it. I'd love for them to hit the BC list ASAP. I'm surprise there isn't an AC in development yet for the next gen systems. Love those titles, and would really love another one on this gen.

I'd love to see some of the old X360 arcade games be able to make the jump too. I still enjoy playing a quick game of Sonic or Doom, or Duke Nukem 3d once in a while lol

Oh... and Forza Horizon 1 coming to the XB1 would be awesome too!! I never did get to finish it before I got my One, and then FH2.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.