Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released their Madden NFL 16 gameplay trailer, featured at the EA E3 2015 press event. Watch it and post your impressions!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 jpdavis82 @ 06/15/15 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Those presentations are only about 4 to 7 minutes long. They have three more days to slowly show new things to the public.

Why blow it all in one take?
The QB footage could have been from an older build too. First time I played the new qb animations weren't in.

# 122 noplace @ 06/15/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm going to be as objective here as I possibly can be. The game looked pretty horrible in the trailer compared to what I played 35+ hours of. The game feels and IMO looks more like what you hear in the blogs. I spent HOURS in replay with Madden 16 just looking at the organic nature of everything and how fluid some of the new animations look, there's just so much to see that I could spend all day in replay and still was discovering new things on the last day I played. I'm not sure what's the deal with QB dropbacks but I know they felt different when I played than in the past, rollouts are a lot smoother, handoffs, just a lot of little things this year that added all together make a big difference. I'll just say overall keep an open mind, but the trailer doesn't do this game justice IMO at all. The other footage shown on the E3 demo was a little better as far as WR/DB interactions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Agreed. Uniforms/Equipment need a completely new coat of paint. So many things wrong with so many uniforms and so much equipment missing or wrong as well. Hopefully that will get some much needed attention to detail.
I just don't understand why it keeps being looked over when its really a simple fix. The shoes could be changed by editing the Color templates from black to primary and 2ndary colors. The Skins still doesn't have their Nike pants.. smh..

# 123 jpdavis82 @ 06/15/15 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I just don't understand why it keeps being looked over when its really a simple fix. The shoes could be changed by editing the Color templates from black to primary and 2ndary colors. The Skins still doesn't have their Nike pants.. smh..
This wasn't the presentation reveal, it was the gameplay reveal, don't assume you know what they have or don't have with uniforms this year.

# 124 roadman @ 06/15/15 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I understand they got priorities and all, but when its been this many years long man, thats not priorities, thats just not caring.

Im not even tryna hear some "we couldnt get to it this year" from that dude, cause that could be said for 100+ things this game has been missing since jump to 360.

On the real, that E3 demo was the weakest showing Ive seen from these cats since Madden 11 and that was a brutal season sir.
Going by the E3 trailer, I agree, going by the blogs, if everything works as advertised, I'll be happy.

# 125 The Kid 24 @ 06/15/15 11:13 PM
Quote:
This wasn't the presentation reveal, it was the gameplay reveal, don't assume you know what they have or don't have with uniforms this year.
So ur saying there's a chance?

# 126 adub88 @ 06/15/15 11:18 PM
Quote:
The QB footage could have been from an older build too. First time I played the new qb animations weren't in.
Fair enough. Looking forward to seeing the QB animations and of course the running animations

# 127 JDBattleMC @ 06/16/15 02:07 AM
STILL looks terrible. Still looks not at all like real life.

# 128 msdm27 @ 06/16/15 03:02 AM
Look, I'm by no means a game designer, but I swear to baby jeebuz that changing/fixing shoe colors CAN NOT be more complicated than choosing Color 1 = Team's primary color (instead of black or white) Color 2 = Team secondary color, or black or white.

Is just one code, is not like they need to go and fix it on a per team basis! If that type of stuff requires some sort of long-winded resource allocation and a whole cycle to be fixed, then the ability of the design team has to be somewhat questioned.

Like, it is LITERALLY changing colors!!!!!

Back to gameplay though.... As everyone has said Blog > Trailer. My question is, JP has been boasting for the past two weeks about..... "attention to detail", "you guys will be blown away by the details", "blah blah" and then THIS? Is like they were suddenly told E3 was due in a couple of days and they had to put a trailer together with old stuff; makes no sense imo and shows very poor preparation.

I'd also be very interested in hearing how far back they went with their research on penalties on a per player basis.. pretty sure there is a lot of variance in that regard from year to year. Can't really think of many players (other than Brandon Browner) that are known for and have a clear tendency for penalties; probably some OT's that hold too often?

Graphics wise, I think the game actually looks good, if you manage to see past all the unnecessary buttons on the screen

# 129 Sheba2011 @ 06/16/15 03:27 AM
It doesn't really matter what EA showed today there would still be people here saying it looks terrible and they won't buy it. Personally the trailer did little for me but the blogs were huge!

One question I have about the trailer. Is finally the year that the trend of horrible commentary comes to an end? No more Dr. Robot Nantz and Phil Simms with his 45 minutes soliloquies that last an entire half to describe one play? One can only hope...

# 130 Sheba2011 @ 06/16/15 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Look, I'm by no means a game designer, but I swear to baby jeebuz that changing/fixing shoe colors CAN NOT be more complicated than choosing Color 1 = Team's primary color (instead of black or white) Color 2 = Team secondary color, or black or white.

Is just one code, is not like they need to go and fix it on a per team basis! If that type of stuff requires some sort of long-winded resource allocation and a whole cycle to be fixed, then the ability of the design team has to be somewhat questioned.

Like, it is LITERALLY changing colors!!!!!

Back to gameplay though.... As everyone has said Blog > Trailer. My question is, JP has been boasting for the past two weeks about..... "attention to detail", "you guys will be blown away by the details", "blah blah" and then THIS? Is like they were suddenly told E3 was due in a couple of days and they had to put a trailer together with old stuff; makes no sense imo and shows very poor preparation.

I'd also be very interested in hearing how far back they went with their research on penalties on a per player basis.. pretty sure there is a lot of variance in that regard from year to year. Can't really think of many players (other than Brandon Browner) that are known for and have a clear tendency for penalties; probably some OT's that hold too often?

Graphics wise, I think the game actually looks good, if you manage to see past all the unnecessary buttons on the screen
To be fair to JP he never said the trailer would be the be all, end all, he kept saying wait till more info is revealed at E3 about the game play. And immediately following the press conference 3 blogs were posted that show just how much the gameplay has improved. At least on paper. Trailers for E3 are often meant to show only one feature of gameplay, especially when you only have 2-5 minutes to present your game. The big shots at EA probably told them get that ODB (cover guy) catch in the trailer.

As for penalties there are several websites that track player penalties from year to year, I would think they used one of these to determine the player ratings. Based on the Football Database these were the most penalized players for 2014:

1. Demar Doston - 14
2. Brandon Browner - 13
3. Bashaud Breeland - 12
4. Willie Colon - 12
5. Buster Skrine - 12
6. Michael Bennett - 12

I would think they would use these numbers (or ones from the other sites) as a starting point and come out with average for a guys career based on games played. DB's and OL tend to be the highest offenders on these lists.

# 131 msdm27 @ 06/16/15 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
To be fair to JP he never said the trailer would be the be all, end all, he kept saying wait till more info is revealed at E3 about the game play. And immediately following the press conference 3 blogs were posted that show just how much the gameplay has improved. At least on paper. Trailers for E3 are often meant to show only one feature of gameplay, especially when you only have 2-5 minutes to present your game. The big shots at EA probably told them get that ODB (cover guy) catch in the trailer.

As for penalties there are several websites that track player penalties from year to year, I would think they used one of these to determine the player ratings. Based on the Football Database these were the most penalized players for 2014:

1. Demar Doston - 14
2. Brandon Browner - 13
3. Bashaud Breeland - 12
4. Willie Colon - 12
5. Buster Skrine - 12
6. Michael Bennett - 12

I would think they would use these numbers (or ones from the other sites) as a starting point and come out with average for a guys career based on games played. DB's and OL tend to be the highest offenders on these lists.
Exactly as I thought, my point was: I hope they went back more than one season to collect their ratings. I'd imagine that list could look very different when looking at 2013 or 2012 data. Even though the names and positions on the list do seem to match general perception

Agree with your other statement about JP referring to info instead of gameplay. But it is still hard to understand how that trailer was conceived and expected to be well-received by the sim-community.

# 132 Sheba2011 @ 06/16/15 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Exactly as I thought, my point was: I hope they went back more than one season to collect their ratings. I'd imagine that list could look very different when looking at 2013 or 2012 data. Even though the names and positions on the list do seem to match general perception

Agree with your other statement about JP referring to info instead of gameplay. But it is still hard to understand how that trailer was conceived and expected to be well-received by the sim-community.
The trailer was never designed or intended for the sim community. It's for the people who look at the ODB catch and say "OMFG they have that in their games!!!!!". It's for all the important casual gamer which is a much larger fanbase than our small community here. The blogs are what was for the sim community.

As for the penalty numbers they vary greatly each year for the most part due to injuries, suspensions, guys earning more or less playing time etc. Which is why they have to have some sort of average based on multiple users. My biggest issue is how will it work for new rookies in the game during a CFM, is it going to be random and is it something we can see before we draft a guy?

# 133 jmurphy31 @ 06/16/15 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The trailer was never designed or intended for the sim community. It's for the people who look at the ODB catch and say "OMFG they have that in their games!!!!!". It's for all the important casual gamer which is a much larger fanbase than our small community here. The blogs are what was for the sim community.

As for the penalty numbers they vary greatly each year for the most part due to injuries, suspensions, guys earning more or less playing time etc. Which is why they have to have some sort of average based on multiple users. My biggest issue is how will it work for new rookies in the game during a CFM, is it going to be random and is it something we can see before we draft a guy?
I agree that trailer wasn't for the O'S type crowd, but the casual player who gets excited about the catch aren't watching e3. Save that for a commercial during the NBA finals. Listen to the first Microsoft presentation when they brought Peter Moore out. He mentions madden and he got a few golf claps. Nothing more.

I think EA could of satisfied both crowds, but I'm guessing (basing off JP'S claims that the game is different he played), the trailer is built off an earlier version of the game. Though I feel like u hear the same thing every year. GC'S say the version we played is different than E3, but when we get it it's similar. Then we hear how things had to be tuned or fixed or they couldn't get it in this cycle.

As I said before gameplay videos will show us alot. Usually ign has the clearest (not best played) demo of the game. Any idea when that is.

# 134 Sheba2011 @ 06/16/15 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree that trailer wasn't for the O'S type crowd, but the casual player who gets excited about the catch aren't watching e3. Save that for a commercial during the NBA finals. Listen to the first Microsoft presentation when they brought Peter Moore out. He mentions madden and he got a few golf claps. Nothing more.

I think EA could of satisfied both crowds, but I'm guessing (basing off JP'S claims that the game is different he played), the trailer is built off an earlier version of the game. Though I feel like u hear the same thing every year. GC'S say the version we played is different than E3, but when we get it it's similar. Then we hear how things had to be tuned or fixed or they couldn't get it in this cycle.

As I said before gameplay videos will show us alot. Usually ign has the clearest (not best played) demo of the game. Any idea when that is.
E3 actually doesn't start till Tuesday so that is when you will start to see gameplay videos popping up on websites. E3 is usually the only time I follow IGN, because they do usually have the best coverage. Outside of E3 I prefer Polygon.

# 135 GiantsFan2013 @ 06/16/15 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgriffi
Totally agree...and when Eli was running just didn't pass the eyeball test to me.
I've watched Eli since his rookie year, every game, and he hasn't thrown on the run more than five times in his career. LOL.

# 136 Iceman87GT @ 06/16/15 01:01 PM
Hoping that they have another sleeve setting that somewhere in-between fitted and what Rodgers was wearing. I shouldn't be able to see where the stripes stop on his sleeve, yes he wears them loose but they're still about the same length as Cobb's just not fitted. This goes for all players on the Packers too, only a handful of QBs in the entire league have sleeves that long (Crosby and Masthay have the pretty much the same sleeves as Rodgers, not the same length as Peyton Manning or some player from the 70s).

Also stripe placement shouldn't change with longer sleeves, they should be in the same place (at least with the Packers this is the case, I assume it's like that for others but sleeves of that length are worn by so few players that is hard to say for certain).

The screens and this video prove the game will look great (at least graphically, verdict is still out on how it will animate) during the day, but night game screens still look like none of the light is bashing it to the field.

# 137 cgalligan @ 06/16/15 01:11 PM
Why does Eli Manning look like he's built like former cover boy Peyton Hillis?

smh

# 138 FreeGordon12 @ 06/16/15 02:56 PM
Game still looks like trash in motion. This is embarrassing, man. It's actually kind of funny it looks this bad in 2015 lol

# 139 FreeGordon12 @ 06/16/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBattleMC
STILL looks terrible. Still looks not at all like real life.
Right? In motion it just looks so clunky
The WR/DB interaction is good if done correctly, but the core gameplay itself just looks.. awkward looking

# 140 apollon42 @ 06/16/15 03:03 PM
I hope more players than ODB and Kap have tats.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.