Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

About 45 minutes ago, Peter Moore was talking shop with Geoff Keighley on the YouTube E3 stream and confirmed that EA and the NFL were still exclusive partners.

"So EA has the exclusivity on an NFL game?" Keighley asked.

"We do," Moore replied.

Keighley then pressed, "On all platforms?"

"On the NFL game, in our NFL agreement, in our NFLPA game agreement -- equally as important with the players -- uh yes...we do," Moore replied.

Moore was asked about a potential Joe Montana game and said it'd have to be unlicensed, saying he doesn't know what's going on there as he reads what everyone else reads on Twitter and in the news.

Moore finished the exchange after a bit more idle speculation with saying, "What you did see today was a spectacular Madden. I thought the team did a great job."

Most likely EA has the license locked up for a few years still, and there is zero reason to expect them to not renew when the time comes, just as they've likely done a few times prior as the current arrangement seems to be working for both parties it appears.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BleedGreen710 @ 06/15/15 08:52 PM
well, there had to be some bad news today

# 2 titit32000 @ 06/15/15 08:53 PM
noooooooo!!!!!!

# 3 iLLWiLL @ 06/15/15 08:56 PM

# 4 bcruise @ 06/15/15 08:56 PM
Can we ban mistersffootball or whoever that name was that made "The Post" now?

Millennium made the right call.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 5 Facts @ 06/15/15 08:56 PM
Direct tv and ea sports aren't to blame. It's the way the nfl wants to deal.

# 6 dcal @ 06/15/15 08:59 PM
That should read "Perpetual mediocrity for the only NFL licensed game confirmed"

# 7 ChaseB @ 06/15/15 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal
That should read "Perpetual mediocrity for the only NFL licensed game confirmed"
If and when we start AllSnarkAllTheTimeOperationSports.com we'll totes be hitting you up to write our headlines.

# 8 BleedGreen710 @ 06/15/15 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

what post was that?

# 9 aholbert32 @ 06/15/15 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Has he posted since that first post? Everything he posted was pretty much a lie.

# 10 CM Hooe @ 06/15/15 09:32 PM
This news doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Shouldn't even be news, really, if not for irresponsible rumor-mongering.

# 11 Bull_Dozer @ 06/15/15 09:32 PM
I still don't care about the NFL license. And I'm still waiting to hear just what exactly Joe Montana Football is. Just give me a sim football game with the ability to customize everything, and I will choose it over Madden.

# 12 dcal @ 06/15/15 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
If and when we start AllSnarkAllTheTimeOperationSports.com we'll totes be hitting you up to write our headlines.
I phrased that poorly Chris, it is directed at the state of the Madden franchise not your article. My apologies

# 13 kjcheezhead @ 06/15/15 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Honestly, is anyone surprised at this point?
Not surprised and frankly don't care at this point. I'm just dying for any new video game take on the sport. It's been more disappointing not having Joe Montana info up to now than to find out EA still has exclusivity.

# 14 cowboy_kmoney @ 06/15/15 10:03 PM
The NFL or better yet Roger Fakedell needs to get off this Greed trip and run this League the way its needs to b ran. At this point The Makers of Madden is just putting out anything and getting away with it. John Maddens Name is on this thing and its being dragged through the mud. Wow this really has gone to far.

# 15 Primo80 @ 06/15/15 10:07 PM
Terrible news. Guess no bros are coming at anyone this year.

# 16 PVarck31 @ 06/15/15 10:08 PM
Why anyone is getting mad about this is beyond me. You had to know the exclusive deal will continue till probably the end of console gaming.

There is no point in hoping it will end anytime soon, because it won't.

# 17 ChaseB @ 06/15/15 10:09 PM
Quote:
I phrased that poorly Chris, it is directed at the state of the Madden franchise not your article. My apologies
My name is Chase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This news doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Shouldn't even be news, really, if not for irresponsible rumor-mongering.
Hey, OS didn't do it!

# 18 bcruise @ 06/15/15 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Has he posted since that first post? Everything he posted was pretty much a lie.
Nope, just the one. It'd be more of a symbolic thing at this point. Btw, that post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek- tapatalk didn't seem to save my emote.

Also, since I can't GIF from tapatalk would someone mind posting the Simpsons "man gets hit by football" one? Because that's pretty much how I feel right now.

There will still be an announcement, one I'll be very interested in since I'm a lover of all things football. But no license means the bell tolling on any hope this was going to compete with Madden as a mainstream title.

# 19 dcal @ 06/15/15 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
My name is Chase!

Hey, OS didn't do it!
Doh! That is what I get for reading in a cell phone. Sorry again Chase

# 20 PackerBacker123 @ 06/15/15 10:25 PM
Quote:
Doh! That is what I get for reading in a cell phone. Sorry again Chase
I can't tell on this site if people are really that uptight or if it's all just some tongue-in-cheek humor that I'm not getting. Really hoping its the latter.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.