Home
PES 2016 News Post

IGN has posted 16 minutes of PES 2016 gameplay, featuring Brazil vs. Germany. IGN's Alex Simmons is joined by Adam Bhatti, PES European Product Manager, as he goes over many new details about the upcoming game, scheduled to release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on September 15.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Don Jon @ 06/16/15 11:35 AM
Fifa has been messing around making minor improvements each year while PES just took a giant leap in terms of graphics and realism of movements. Glad to see there's two quality games to choose from again.

# 2 Beetlebum @ 06/16/15 12:12 PM
I'm not impressed, it looks too similar to PES 15.

# 3 maltliquor23 @ 06/16/15 02:48 PM
Same graphics. Same automatic scoring by putting the ball low to the corners. I was hoping to see improvement but I'll reserve final judgement for the game and the day one patch that comes with it.

# 4 HenryClay1844 @ 06/16/15 03:10 PM
Looks too fast and the footplanting is way way behind FIFA. Look at how they shuffle. Still likely to check it out, but much more impressed with what I've hear from those who play-tested FIFA.

# 5 kennyacid @ 06/16/15 05:37 PM
Happy to hear ps4 has option files back!

# 6 KG @ 06/16/15 06:13 PM
Just some notes/observations from the video:

- Visual Improvements - Although hard to tell from the captured video the lighting & textures (both skin & kits) have been enhanced thanks to the Fox Engine

- Also due to the Fox Engine are better animations. Better in the sense of more reactive. This carries over to the ball physics and the physicality

- Building off the point above, the fight for the ball in the air is noticeably improved. Much more physicality. Bhatti mentions that even if you're at a height disadvantage you can still "unsettle" a taller player

- Tackling system has been improved with new animations based of location to the dribbler. One thing that really irked me about last year's tackling was that if you were dispossessed, the defender immediately and automatically was first to the ball. Saw a few times where this wasn't true and the dribbler reacted first

- Looks like the same outdated replay system is back. 2 slightly slower replays and then the super slow up-close replay

- Player emotions off the ball can be seen now. There's a point in the video where Willian complains for a PK and one where Oscar is dispossessed in the box and immediately claims for a PK

- More fouls in this video and even one that triggered a cut-scene where the card WASN'T given. Hopefully as they grasp this new physicality system + another year with the Fox Engine we'll get 2014 foul system back

- Wait until Gamescom (Aug 5th-9th) for updates to licenses

- PS4 you can load images for kits, emblems, manager pics, etc...

- AI - more varied in attack. Hopefully we'll see more crossing and a greater variation in attack. Also, more Player ID as it relates to aggression on defense and free kicks

- Dynamic Weather - will rain before and during a match. The effects will be balanced but they will affect player momentum, first touches, and foot planting.

- From the video you could see more variation in first touches, especially bad touches

- Master League redone (Menus, UI, cutscenes, transfer market, etc...)

- More UI friendly MyClub. The first rendition for 2015 was very hard to learn and a lot of screen clutter

At the end Bhatti said the focus was really on 3 things:

1) Gameplay
2) Animations/Visuals
3) Master League/MyClub

Hopefully we'll see more videos with the AI on a higher level. This video wasn't the best showing as the Brazil user just ripped Germany a new one.

# 7 RandyBass @ 06/16/15 07:18 PM
Was that a foul committed by the AI?!

If they don't sort that out this year...

# 8 Zac @ 06/16/15 07:29 PM
Super, super disappointed to see the same stupid replay system in the game still. REMOVE THAT ALREADY! If I want to save a replay I'll go into the ****ing menu. That is my single biggest complaint about PES over the last 6-7 years. Its so damn annoying.

# 9 dubcity @ 06/16/15 08:35 PM
That was definitely on one of the bottom two difficulty levels, so it's not clear what the physicality will be like in competitive matches against the CPU. I hope it's leaning more towards realistic fouls, as opposed to the devs just wanting a quick game with constant sloppy changes of possession. That's not a good representation of midfield battles at all.

Graphics wise, the game looks brighter and more defined than 2015. But not jawdroppingly so.

# 10 kashik @ 06/16/15 11:18 PM
The match facts screen at the end showed 1 foul committed... So that's disappointing. It was ridiculous in PES 15, I won't buy it until at least 2 weeks after release to see what opinions are like after that new game feeling wears off.

Not really impressed with what I saw, but happy to hear number 1 focus is on gameplay, and massive changes are in store for master league. Overall, best piece of news is that there will indeed be a PES 16 [emoji14]

# 11 LingeringRegime @ 06/17/15 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
The match facts screen at the end showed 1 foul committed... So that's disappointing. It was ridiculous in PES 15, I won't buy it until at least 2 weeks after release to see what opinions are like after that new game feeling wears off.

Not really impressed with what I saw, but happy to hear number 1 focus is on gameplay, and massive changes are in store for master league. Overall, best piece of news is that there will indeed be a PES 16 [emoji14]
They played two games short minutes. There was more than one foul committed, I saw at least three called.

He even mentioned in the video that more fouls will be in this year.

# 12 Matt10 @ 06/17/15 02:57 AM
I've provided my thoughts on the gameplay, in particular the defending, keeping in mind this seems to be playing on a lower difficulty - but still some glaring issues that could stem to be even bigger near release.

# 13 tomjaz @ 06/17/15 06:23 AM
It looks very good, but given that there is no E3 code and said that the IGN forget the code and then the E3 code still better, can not wait to try it.

# 14 Hunkerdown @ 06/17/15 08:31 AM
Whats up with choo choo train celebrations? Awful looking.

# 15 RyanLaFalce @ 06/17/15 11:14 AM
I'm pretty impressed with how this game looks, but the amount of teams in might sway my decision. Is MLS exclusive to FIFA, or could PES get the license as well?

# 16 fearwhatnow @ 06/17/15 12:21 PM
They still haven't fixed the passive GKs. This is beyond ridiculous. Goalkeepers dive after 2 secs the ball has passed them. I don't expect any improvement as long as Bhatti is involved in this game.

# 17 KG @ 06/17/15 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I've provided my thoughts on the gameplay, in particular the defending, keeping in mind this seems to be playing on a lower difficulty - but still some glaring issues that could stem to be even bigger near release.

The biggest defensive issue for me and from the videos I've watched from 2015 was the defensive line was way too high and followed strikers to the midfield which created tons of space behind them. Even if you set your line very deep they would still come up. This can be alleviated some by fluid formations and positioning your CDM to not go forward, a true Makele or Mikel role. Often times players of PES 2015 get caught out because they push too many #'s forward in attack, you really have to find a balance. Once I found that balance I went from giving up 70 goals in Ligue 2 to 48 in Ligue 1 with virtually the same back 4 & keeper.

What Konami & EA need to do is tune their Zonal marking. Both games suffer with finding the balance between marking a man and covering space. They either do one or the other really well when in reality, unless you're man marking someone, it should be a combination of both DEPENDENT upon where they are on the pitch (danger zone). This should really be a tactical option because it's based on your managerial style until you get around the box which I think we can all agree on, should be tight marking (a HUGE problem historically in FIFA). For instance, if you're playing a team with a big target CF I would want my CB to come up higher to battle him in the air. If you're playing against a False 9 I'd rather have my CDM or other midfielders track the CF dropping deep.

Back to the video, I think PES is by far the best game on the market when it comes to player movement momentum. On that first goal Neymar has the German defender (I think Boateng) beat for pace as he's running onto a thru-ball. Boateng is sprinting back while Neymar uses his agility to stop and cut across him back onto his stronger side with a much better angle for the shot. Boateng shouldn't be able to just quickly turn. A better option would be for him to either show him the near post on his weaker foot or slow down, jockey, and square up to Neymar. I think some of his (Boateng's) player ID (aggressive tackler) kicked in and he got rightly skinned.

Def a lot of valid points on the video that hopefully we/can be addressed by a higher difficulty level + tactics.

# 18 KG @ 06/17/15 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
They still haven't fixed the passive GKs. This is beyond ridiculous. Goalkeepers dive after 2 secs the ball has passed them. I don't expect any improvement as long as Bhatti is involved in this game.
I wouldn't say PES keepers are passive as they are generally aggressive when it comes to certain situations. The reaction times need tuning as well as some keeper animations need to be sped up to match the shot speed. If you have 2015 try a penalty shootout. There are some animations where your keeper literally dives in slow motion while the ball is in the back of the net. It's infuriating to guess right only too see the animation take forever to play out.

# 19 bigeastbumrush @ 06/17/15 10:00 PM
As of rigut now...I'm sold.

# 20 fearwhatnow @ 06/18/15 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I wouldn't say PES keepers are passive as they are generally aggressive when it comes to certain situations. The reaction times need tuning as well as some keeper animations need to be sped up to match the shot speed. If you have 2015 try a penalty shootout. There are some animations where your keeper literally dives in slow motion while the ball is in the back of the net. It's infuriating to guess right only too see the animation take forever to play out.
Yup, by passive I mean the slow reaction/animation. They have to fix that. I wonder why nobody mentions it. It's so obvious and annoying.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.