Home
Dynasty League Baseball News Post

The folks over at Dynasty League Baseball Online continue to improve the game in many ways, adding new content and features on a regular basis. Dynasty League Baseball is a deep and engrossing baseball simulation, which allows you to pit historical or current teams against one another in an online league or tournament setting.

There are several leagues ongoing right now in Dynasty League Baseball Online, and it's super easy to find leagues to join by checking out the game's Private League Directory. The directory lists multi-player real time draft leagues to join as well as historical season replays which can be played in real time with a combination of friends and computer manager opponents.

The game is also sporting new 7th Edition Game Charts from the board game of the same name, which means some key tweaks were implemented into the game to make it more realistic. Also new are sim buttons in the Historical season replays which make it easy to sim any series on the schedule.

Finally, the greatest team leagues have returned to the 162 game schedule format. These leagues allow you to choose your favorite team and pursue the pennant over a 162 game season. As is typical for Dynasty League Online, you can manage your games in a live multiplayer interface or you can set your computer manager profile up to manage series for you.

Game: Dynasty League Baseball OnlineReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PCVotes for game: 12 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 eMLBCommish @ 06/16/15 03:38 PM
Too expensive, there is no randomness to the results (The Bizarre results and the Error? results come up an awful lot out of 1,000 possible outcomes per AB), despite the arguments from its creator, and they are just that...arguments. You will always be wrong, you will never be right, and he considers all other similar sim content out there inferior, including OOTP. I believe a product is only as good as the person/people behind it, and I find Mr. Cieslinski to be too full of himself, who'd rather spam you with his Derek Jeter photo opp like the guy endorses his product.

I gave it a year, and more than happy to see my subscription expire. It's just not for me. I'll stick with the decade long relationship I've built with Markus Heinsohn and Andreas Raht of OOTP Developments, who have a far better pulse on their product, and much more open to feedback on their product.

Tread carefully if you plan to drop $80 on a 6 month subscription to DLB Online.

# 2 MikeCieslinski @ 06/22/15 07:52 AM
It is just not true that there is no randomness to the results. The most popular randomizer out there is used and many tests have been done confirming the randomness of each number.

As far as Derek Jeter, I was not in the photo - that was the MLB.com interview with Geoff Reiss of Twitter Sports who gave his thoughts on league play: http://dynastyleaguebaseball.mlblogs.com/2014/07/10/twitter-sports-geoff-reiss-talks-about-his-draft-league-experience-with-dynasty-league-baseball/

# 3 MikeCieslinski @ 06/22/15 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCieslinski
It is just not true that there is no randomness to the results. The most popular randomizer out there is used and many tests have been done confirming the randomness of each number.

As far as Derek Jeter, I was not in the photo - that was the MLB.com interview with Geoff Reiss of Twitter Sports who gave his thoughts on league play: http://dynastyleaguebaseball.mlblogs.com/2014/07/10/twitter-sports-geoff-reiss-talks-about-his-draft-league-experience-with-dynasty-league-baseball/
Game player feedback was a key part of the recent changes in the 7th Edition game charts update and feedback is always welcome.

# 4 fanpasser @ 06/23/15 09:52 AM
Tread carefully if you plan to drop $80 on a 6 month subscription to DLB Online.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.