Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

We've looked through the list of courses and golfers available in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, so below you will find what appears to be the final list of courses and golfers that will be available when the game is released:

Courses

Standard Courses
  • TPC Sawgrass
  • TPC Boston
  • TPC Scottsdale (available with pre-order)
  • St. Andrews
  • Whistling Straits
  • Bay Hill
  • Royal Troon
  • Wolf Creek
  • Chambers Bay
Fictional/Fantasy Courses
  • Coyote Falls
  • Parcel Storm
  • Lighthouse Pointe
  • Wetlands
Golfers

Real Players
  • Rory McIlroy
  • Jordan Spieth
  • Miguel Angel Jimenez
  • Ian Poulter
  • Hunter Mahan
  • Brandt Snedeker
  • Keegan Bradley
  • Rickie Fowler
  • Jonas Blixt
  • Jason Dufner
  • Patrick Rodgers
  • Martin Kaymer
Fake Golfers
  • Laser Logan
  • Battlefield Soldier
  • Pops Masterson
  • Edna Masterson
  • Nevada Smith

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Pazzinho @ 06/17/15 03:01 AM
Only 9 real courses !?. That's more than 'a little sparse'........

# 2 N51_rob @ 06/17/15 03:17 AM
Yikes, 8 courses if you don't pre-order....Gonna have to sit this one out. So few golfers (which I imagine is a money thing, but still) and the audacity to make one course a pre-order bonus...? Hope they announce a course creator or something.

# 3 Rasco11 @ 06/17/15 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Yikes, 8 courses if you don't pre-order....Gonna have to sit this one out. So few golfers (which I imagine is a money thing, but still) and the audacity to make one course a pre-order bonus...? Hope they announce a course creator or something.
100% Agreed! If this is true, 8 courses (nor 9 w/pre-order) does not = "tour." Tiger 14 shipped with something like 20 courses! In my opinion this game is beginning to sound as if it should be delayed, severely discounted, or at a minimum should come with free DLC courses. Reality is none of that will happen, and that almost seems dirty. Thinking I'll avoid this now too. Shame, I was so optimistic a couple days ago before the Duke Nukem night golf trailer and finally this actual "news."

# 4 Cubfan @ 06/17/15 06:40 AM
Wow 9 courses 8 if you don't preorder that is just bad. If EA is holding back courses for DLC then thats just even worse.

# 5 Flightwhite24 @ 06/17/15 08:15 AM
No wonder they hid so much. Typical EA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 PattyJ @ 06/17/15 08:16 AM
not too many courses, a bit disappointing but i can deal. hilarious that they're bringing pops masterson back from 2003.

but.... no tiger woods at all?????

edit: for those that plan on skipping this year and are looking for an alternative, tiger woods 14 for ps3/360 has some fantastic gameplay

# 7 Fluffhead @ 06/17/15 08:23 AM
Ugh. 9 real courses, half of which have appeared in so many prior versions of this game. What a let down.

# 8 MHammer113 @ 06/17/15 08:36 AM
This makes absolutely zero sense. You have TWO years to work on the game and you release 8 courses. On top of that, two of the major courses included will have either concluded or just begun with the release of the game. It's great to have Chambers in the game, but the U.S. Open will have been completed for nearly a month upon release. That alone is embarrassing. I am very disappointed in the news unless they are going to unleash some kind of free DLC every week with one new course

# 9 mcaley15 @ 06/17/15 08:59 AM
36 courses available in the '13 game through DLC and other avenues, only 16 of those were base, 20 were base in '14 with 44 total through DLC and other avenues. We have 8 in base now, with 1 pre-order. Keeping with the trend we should see at least 10 available eventually through DLC. Ideally they add an update to add more for free, but its EA. Very disappointing to hear.

# 10 mcmax3000 @ 06/17/15 09:33 AM
This reminds me of the first Tiger Woods game on 360, which I think only had six courses.

# 11 Thrash13 @ 06/17/15 09:42 AM
First off, why in the world wouldn't they have been marketing Chambers Bay more recently since the U.S. Open is there this week? That's just odd.

Second, what in the hell are they thinking only releasing this many courses to start with? I figured every sports game would learn from the first Tiger Woods release on 360 a decade ago, but I guess not. I'm going to have to preorder just so I won't miss out on 10 percent of the in-game courses. Blah.

I read all the comments last night about the Night Tour, and I was prepared to defend the game a little saying that's just one mode and I'm sure plenty of time was spent on real PGA Tour stuff. After seeing the anything but robust course list, I can't defend that other mode at all. In no way, should any fantasy courses even be thought of until at least 18-20 real courses are in the game. I'm extremely disappointed, and that's coming from a pretty big EA Sports supporter.

I hate paying for DLC, but I probably will on this one just to get more to play with. Damn...

# 12 goillini03 @ 06/17/15 09:48 AM
If there are only 9 real courses, I will be skipping this one. So disappointing. I was really looking forward to a good golf game that I could get into.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 13 DivotMaker @ 06/17/15 09:55 AM
Disappointing is putting it mildly on the courses. Golfers, not an issue unless we can actually play a career with one.

Going out on a limb here to predict EA has another 6 real and 2 fantasy courses available for DLC sometime in the very near future after launch......

# 14 Thrash13 @ 06/17/15 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Disappointing is putting it mildly on the courses. Golfers, not an issue unless we can actually play a career with one.

Going out on a limb here to predict EA has another 6 real and 2 fantasy courses available for DLC sometime in the very near future after launch......
Yeah, I'm with you on the golfer list. I'd prefer to see more, but the list we got includes quite a few big names.

Sadly, I hope there are 6 or more courses for DLC. I hate that it'll be DLC, but at least it'll be more courses. If EA is smart, they'll make the DLC a very friendly price, or they'll lose even more momentum moving forward.

# 15 Sparkchaser18 @ 06/17/15 10:01 AM
Looks like another disappointment. I feel like EA enjoys devolving.

# 16 JHedges2 @ 06/17/15 10:02 AM
How can they justify a $59.99 price with 8 courses lol?

PASSING.

No Augusta. No Pebble. No Torrey Pines.

Glad they got the trusty 'Battlefield Soldier' in the game though.

SMH...

# 17 Thrash13 @ 06/17/15 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
How can they justify a $59.99 price with 8 courses lol?

PASSING.

No Augusta. No Pebble. No Torrey Pines.

Glad they got the trusty 'Battlefield Soldier' in the game though.

SMH...
I didn't really focus on which courses didn't make the cut, but wow, no Pebble is very surprising. When is the last time it wasn't in an EA golf game?!?

I loved having Augusta National in the game, but I'll give them a pass on that one. The license had to be crazy expensive, and the people at Augusta liked having everything their way. But no Pebble is mind boggling.

I'd like to see Chambers Bay screens at least, since I'm in full U.S. Open mode.

# 18 RyanLaFalce @ 06/17/15 11:23 AM
8 real courses? I suggest to those that have pre-ordered to cancel their pre-order. That's sad.

Edit: I'm sick of hearing the argument "well it's the first game on a new generation so we had to take stuff out"
No, that should be incentive to put more in even if development is longer. Stop being lazy, devs.

# 19 mrsaito @ 06/17/15 11:42 AM
I can't find the thread that I questioned Seymour's interpretation of the number of courses in the game from some dude's blog but he was right.

Damn, tour mode will be pretty bleak compared to recent years. And I'm stuck holding a pre-order.

If the game plays well I'll probably bend over and gobble up as much DLC as I can but I'm sure glad I still have my PS3 and TW14.

# 20 jbd345 @ 06/17/15 12:06 PM
Wow, that is disappointing but not unexpected. I would've been happy with 12 or 14 at launch but 9??? And sadly this is probably the retail version. But I'm still getting it. I'm a presentation and graphic nut so I'm pumped for frostbite. Their pr marketing for this game has been laughable at this point.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.