Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

We've looked through the list of courses and golfers available in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, so below you will find what appears to be the final list of courses and golfers that will be available when the game is released:

Courses

Standard Courses
  • TPC Sawgrass
  • TPC Boston
  • TPC Scottsdale (available with pre-order)
  • St. Andrews
  • Whistling Straits
  • Bay Hill
  • Royal Troon
  • Wolf Creek
  • Chambers Bay
Fictional/Fantasy Courses
  • Coyote Falls
  • Parcel Storm
  • Lighthouse Pointe
  • Wetlands
Golfers

Real Players
  • Rory McIlroy
  • Jordan Spieth
  • Miguel Angel Jimenez
  • Ian Poulter
  • Hunter Mahan
  • Brandt Snedeker
  • Keegan Bradley
  • Rickie Fowler
  • Jonas Blixt
  • Jason Dufner
  • Patrick Rodgers
  • Martin Kaymer
Fake Golfers
  • Laser Logan
  • Battlefield Soldier
  • Pops Masterson
  • Edna Masterson
  • Nevada Smith

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 brent3419 @ 06/17/15 12:08 PM
i just hope this isnt the final list

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 22 ChaseB @ 06/17/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
8 real courses? I suggest to those that have pre-ordered to cancel their pre-order. That's sad.

Edit: I'm sick of hearing the argument "well it's the first game on a new generation so we had to take stuff out"
No, that should be incentive to put more in even if development is longer. Stop being lazy, devs.
I highly doubt it's because the devs are "lazy" that this is the list. Saying things like that makes you seem like you assume these folks don't try, which obviously is not true. It's fine to be frustrated, but try not to be lazy in your commentary. In other words, saying "it should be incentive to put more in the game since it's the first game of the generation" is a valid thing to say -- you should have just left it at that haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
i just hope this isnt the final list

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
I believe it is the final list unless someone says otherwise.

# 23 goillini03 @ 06/17/15 12:26 PM
Yeah, they are not lazy but it is foolish to pay full price for this game.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 24 Pompeo89 @ 06/17/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I didn't really focus on which courses didn't make the cut, but wow, no Pebble is very surprising. When is the last time it wasn't in an EA golf game?!?

I loved having Augusta National in the game, but I'll give them a pass on that one. The license had to be crazy expensive, and the people at Augusta liked having everything their way. But no Pebble is mind boggling.

I'd like to see Chambers Bay screens at least, since I'm in full U.S. Open mode.
I knew this was going to happen. Such a shame, I mean I'm going to preorder so I can get he extra course and because I am dying for a golf game with REAL COURSES. This sucks, all we can do is hope they have a ton of DLC. Chambers bay will be cool, but seriously I am shocked there is no pebble or torrey. The golfer list doesn't matter too much since I will be playing tour mode but its too bad every other tournament will be on the same course Ive played before. Way to go EA!

# 25 HenryClay1844 @ 06/17/15 12:48 PM
NHL 15 has competition for biggest disgrace of a sports game (NBA 14 excepted).

# 26 poster @ 06/17/15 02:19 PM
Definitely a pass for me now. Career mode seems bare bones and the course list is just unacceptable.

They really need to figure a way to get a course creator in the game. Until they do, this is going to be the norm, as we have seen over the years. Even when the game had more courses, it still isn't enough to play a realistic career mode.

It's a shame too, as a quality golf game career mode is so enjoyable. I guess I wait to see what Perfect Parallel can do when they hopefully get around to career mode.

# 27 Sheba2011 @ 06/17/15 02:29 PM
Looks like Tiger Woods all over again where you have to invest serious money to have a decent amount of courses.

# 28 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/17/15 02:33 PM
I'm highly disappointed in this news. Now I'm unsure if I want to pay full price for such a small collection of courses.

# 29 jay.sherman @ 06/17/15 02:37 PM
Does anyone know if all of the pros will swing like they actually do in real life? or will it be like typical EA to just make everyone have the same swing.

# 30 Stormyhog @ 06/17/15 02:58 PM
This game should ship with a toe tag.

# 31 BA2929 @ 06/17/15 03:09 PM
I hate to say it, but this is a $30 game at most.

This is almost like releasing an MLB game with only 15 stadiums in it and 2-3 real players per team.

Anyway, if it plays well I'll give it a look used or at a severely discounted price later on down the road.

It's really starting to look like they just didn't have enough time to finish all the stuff outside of gameplay and presentation. I'd have to bet that next year they come with more courses and more golfers when they actually have their gameplay and stuff already set and ready to go.

# 32 Flightwhite24 @ 06/17/15 03:18 PM
My guess is we will see a price drop pretty quick on this game. I might wait this one out. I had no doubt that something was wrong with this title by the secrecy of EA. been there done that with Live in the past.

I will enjoy the Season Pass and if it does not wow me I will snag it off Craigslist cheap or wait for the drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 33 kehlis @ 06/17/15 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I hate to say it, but this is a $30 game at most.

This is almost like releasing an MLB game with only 15 stadiums in it and 2-3 real players per team.

Anyway, if it plays well I'll give it a look used or at a severely discounted price later on down the road.

It's really starting to look like they just didn't have enough time to finish all the stuff outside of gameplay and presentation. I'd have to bet that next year they come with more courses and more golfers when they actually have their gameplay and stuff already set and ready to go.

I don't care about the numbers of golfers at all for the same reasons others have said, the lack of courses is concerning but I'm assuming there will be some more courses offered later.

But because I would have to pay for them I am most definitely not getting this until the price drops. $30 sounds about right to me.

# 34 pietasterp @ 06/17/15 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I hate paying for DLC, but I probably will on this one just to get more to play with. Damn...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Damn, tour mode will be pretty bleak compared to recent years. And I'm stuck holding a pre-order.

If the game plays well I'll probably bend over and gobble up as much DLC as I can but I'm sure glad I still have my PS3 and TW14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'm gonna bite the bullet here and pick this up anyways AND probably get some DLC just because for his sake. Because hey, IDK how much longer I can enjoy his company. (But this is why I asked about a season pass earlier in the month... I'd be willing to get that so ANY DLC that comes out I'll be able to grab automatically).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
But I'm still getting it. I'm a presentation and graphic nut so I'm pumped for frostbite. Their pr marketing for this game has been laughable at this point.
So....the EA strategy works, then?

A_Quiet_Pro - your rationale I understand completely. Time with loved ones is worth almost anything....even bending over and taking it in the cornhole from EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
But because I would have to pay for them I am most definitely not getting this until the price drops. $30 sounds about right to me.
This seems the most rational approach to me. You've effectively placed a value on the retail game + DLC, and will wait for the (all-inclusive) price to reflect that valuation.

# 35 watergoy @ 06/17/15 07:01 PM
Dang, was hoping Pebble Beach would have been on that list.

# 36 hawley088 @ 06/17/15 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watergoy
Dang, was hoping Pebble Beach would have been on that list.
it will be a month after release when you have to pay for it

# 37 Stormyhog @ 06/17/15 07:26 PM
Yeah I've always dreamed of hitting the links with a battlefield soldier. My prayers have finally been answered.

# 38 Rasco11 @ 06/17/15 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slgrant
Typical of EA. All people need to officially stop purchasing their games and let them collapse financially. Their continued arrogance to the consumer is so blatant, we can't allow them to continue this.
I'm frustrated too, but this may be a tad extreme! Based on E3 feedback etc., it sounds like most of the EA "sport" games (FIFA, Madden, NHL, Live) have actually made noted improvements (many "community" driven!). And, I feel like a 10yr old because I absolutely cannot wait for EA's, Star Wars: Battlefront!!!

All that said, I do hear you! I will not give this particular golf game a pass either. This is a pretty significant fail. To have 2-3 years development time, and to release a golf game with under 10 courses?!? Seriously? (Foreshadowing): And then to have the audacity to charge for "extra" material? C'mon! It is straight up disrespectful to look at a consumer that way, and to me that cannot be contended. That is straight up dirty and not right!

Changing subject - i didn't buy it, but didn't Project Cars ship with like 100-200 unique tracks or something?

# 39 Rasco11 @ 06/17/15 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohle
It's one thing to say that when they have an enforced monopoly, like Madden. But if I would prefer to play EA's golf game, why would you want to force me to play The Golf Club or another game I actually don't like?

I wish the game had more courses, but I get why it doesn't. But really, why doesn't even matter. Either I find the game to be a fair value, or I don't. I'm not sure what concern it is to someone that isn't buying the game.
Seriously, I'm not trying to get in your face or be overly contentious...but I'm finding it nearly impossible to fathom this game with 9 courses w/ @ a $60-65 price tag as "fair value?" For a game with "Tour" in the title, 9 courses (assuming you pre-order!) is quite a small "tour"???????

# 40 OnlookerDelay @ 06/17/15 10:45 PM
I was prepared to be disappointed with the course selection, but this has come in under my most bleak estimate. I really only like 6 of the 9 real courses, and fantasy courses don't move the meter for me at all. This has been the most puzzling rollout of an EA Sports golf game to date, and this news just continues to build on that mystique. The collection of licensed pros doesn't phase me one way or the other as I would prefer to play with my created player and against the created players of others.

I swear folks, this launch and rollout is a real head-scratcher. The only thing that has me interested in this game (besides its better than average graphics) is the Pro cam option, that will be similar to the snap-cam of Tiger Woods games on the PC, only forward looking on the snap, versus reverse angle on the PC version. But its like the more news they break about this game (Night Club golf (hack).... please forgive me while I puke) the heavier the wet blanket that's been thrown over it becomes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.