Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Sports Gamers Online has posted a Madden NFL 16 gameplay video featuring the Tennessee Titans vs. New York Giants. It's not quite a full game, as the video cuts out with just over 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MoneyOvaHuds @ 06/18/15 07:48 PM
Yea you can't really take the pressure on account to how bad the User player was

# 42 MoneyOvaHuds @ 06/18/15 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
What about they cpu controlled linemen? They can't get pressure, only users can get pressure?

It's not the final build , dude just played poor defense in general . CPU showed so pressure but it should never have a huge impact as if a user is controlling

# 43 Skyboxer @ 06/18/15 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
At 6:20 the Justin Hunter td shouldn't he be flagged for going to the ground in celebration?
Of all the penalties they add or don't add I hope that's not one ever in Madden. I know it's in real life but it's stupid

Plus me thinking about glitches.. I can see players diving into endzone or over pile and the penalty system mistakenly flagging for going to ground...

# 44 SolidSquid @ 06/18/15 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Of all the penalties they add or don't add I hope that's not one ever in Madden. I know it's in real life but it's stupid

Plus me thinking about glitches.. I can see players diving into endzone or over pile and the penalty system mistakenly flagging for going to ground...
It's a stupid rule and I'm fine if they don't add it, but they shouldn't have guys going to ground then just for the sake of realism.

# 45 Skyboxer @ 06/18/15 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It's a stupid rule and I'm fine if they don't add it, but they shouldn't have guys going to ground then just for the sake of realism.
While I understand what you're saying I don't put this high at all on list of realism aspect I care about.
It's bringing some much needed emotion/extra to the game and in the end this is a game.
Yes to the letter of the law it's a penalty in the real NFL but this is one I think realism should take a back seat. We'll never get fights etc.. due to the NFL not allowing it so I'll take whatever else we can get, to have some life.

# 46 ggsimmonds @ 06/19/15 09:07 PM
Good stuff.

Start with obligatory comment about how bad the user was. Dreadful.

Commentary is still abysmal.

AI QB looked really really good.

Comment about those who think Giants did not generate a pass rush and that the QB was too accurate: the user spent the entire game in base defense when the Titans were coming out in 3 wide most of the time. You will not typically get pressure when guys are getting open so quickly and every QB will be accurate throwing to open guys.

I was so damn happy when I saw the QB throw the ball away.

Loved some of the break up animations, especially the one in the endzone where I did not know the result until I saw the ball bounce away.

To those worried about seeing the ODB catch too often: at least now we understand EA's dilemma. This guy spent the entire game trying to trigger amazing catches with ODB.

Was Sankey's BCV rating? After this video I expect it to be very low. It was like the AI was trying to avoid running into the holes.

Some of the broken tackles looked bad. Talking about the ones with failed arm tackles. It is like the ball carrier was a ghost or something.

# 47 Jarodd21 @ 06/20/15 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Things I liked:

1. AI QB runs with a purpose and try to break tackles when they scramble.

2. Bigger players can run through arm tackles.

3. Ball carriers regain their balance a hell of a lot better after contact this year. Last year if you got touched you went down 99% of the time. So I am glad they improved stumble recovery.

4. CPU can execute screens for POSITIVE yards.

5. Defenders joining in on tackles to finish the ball carrier off.

Things I don't like:

1. Mostly full game on default sliders and only ONE penalty. I just find that odd to play 4 quarters and only 1 penalty happens.

2. AI punt returners are brain dead still.
Man I was really hoping the CPUs punt return game was going to be a threat this year but it's still the same. I definitely agree with everything else you said..

Something else I didn't like was that there still wasn't any penetration from the DTs up the middle which leads me to believe it will still be easy to run up the middle unless it's better on All-madden. That was a major flaw on Madden 15 which made 3rd or 4th and short guaranteed for the most part.

# 48 The JareBear @ 06/20/15 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Man I was really hoping the CPUs punt return game was going to be a threat this year but it's still the same. I definitely agree with everything else you said..

Something else I didn't like was that there still wasn't any penetration from the DTs up the middle which leads me to believe it will still be easy to run up the middle unless it's better on All-madden. That was a major flaw on Madden 15 which made 3rd or 4th and short guaranteed for the most part.
Lack of penetration all around, especially by CPU d-line, is definitely a concern about these vids but hopefully that gets tuned, and if not, hopefully sliders can be used to fix that because a lot of other aspects of the game look promising.

# 49 ggsimmonds @ 06/20/15 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Lack of penetration all around, especially by CPU d-line, is definitely a concern about these vids but hopefully that gets tuned, and if not, hopefully sliders can be used to fix that because a lot of other aspects of the game look promising.
The game needs more animations where interior linemen disrupt the backfield but don't outright beat their man.

# 50 The JareBear @ 06/20/15 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The game needs more animations where interior linemen disrupt the backfield but don't outright beat their man.
Good point. I was watching a highlight video of JJ Watt last night, random I know, but it kind of made me realize how many of those kind of interactions aren't in the game.

# 51 jfsolo @ 06/20/15 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
This. 1000X times this. It would obviously improve the game from the standpoint of aesthetics, but it would also play into the triggering of QB specific passing traits, and allow for QB accuracy or lack thereof to play out in a more realistic manner.

# 52 jfsolo @ 06/20/15 05:08 PM
Quote:
Tying into the lack of animation variety mentioned by ggsimmonds, the sliders should be able to fix the outcome, i.e., producing more disruptive linemen all around, its just that the techniques of how they achieve those results will be too repetitive. It is the best that can be done with such limited animation coverage in the trenches.

# 53 slowdifference @ 06/20/15 07:13 PM
Looks exactly like what they've been making for the past 10 years. I have no faith in EA

# 54 jpdavis82 @ 06/20/15 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdifference
Looks exactly like what they've been making for the past 10 years. I have no faith in EA
If you played Madden 15 for more than 10 hours I don't know how you could say that. It's a LOT different than 15, even if it is subtle differences.

# 55 jpdavis82 @ 06/20/15 10:04 PM
Quote:
Good point. I was watching a highlight video of JJ Watt last night, random I know, but it kind of made me realize how many of those kind of interactions aren't in the game.
Defensive line play would seem to be the next area of gameplay they address. They haven't addressed everything else to the fullest yet regarding gameplay, but defensive line and linebacker play, at least alignment, hasn't really been touched so far since transitioning to gen 4.

# 56 undrafted @ 06/21/15 11:26 AM
Doesn't the (attempted) tackle from number 30-something seem 'weak' ?
I was expecting an attempt to 'wrap' the ball carrier... he seems to 'tumble' instead

# 57 Arrowhead21 @ 06/21/15 11:55 AM
Someone needs to explain the logic behind bringing back the exact same scoreboard interface from M15. Doesnt EA know that theres a lot of people who played a lot of Madden last year and saw a lot of that scoreboard/typeface already? Guess it was too difficult to make even the slightest change

# 58 mjavon @ 06/21/15 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
Someone needs to explain the logic behind bringing back the exact same scoreboard interface from M15. Doesnt EA know that theres a lot of people who played a lot of Madden last year and saw a lot of that scoreboard/typeface already? Guess it was too difficult to make even the slightest change
The only difference in it is the size of the EA logo. I'd like to see them add like 4-5 different scoreboard styles and have a sort of "dice roll" before the game starts to choose which one to go with.

A subtle detail like this could help keep things feeling fresh.

# 59 Arrowhead21 @ 06/21/15 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
The only difference in it is the size of the EA logo. .
LOL that says it all right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
i'd like to see them add like 4-5 different scoreboard styles and have a sort of "dice roll" before the game starts to choose which one to go with.
this would be very nice but evidently its hard enough for them to make even 1 new scoreboard

# 60 TexasFan2005 @ 06/21/15 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
Someone needs to explain the logic behind bringing back the exact same scoreboard interface from M15.
For whatever it's worth, Rex said in one of the interviews that in regards to the scorebug & other presentation elements, they were left untouched given their "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach. Those were his words.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.