Home
PES 2016 News Post

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sroz39 @ 06/18/15 01:31 PM
Not gonna judge too much because it was two speed burst abusers playing the game but the fouls still seem to be a huge issue. There was a sequence halfway through where a guy got levelled by another and there was no call whatsoever. That's a huge issue because it wasn't a ticky-tack foul...it was practically a football tackle.

The rest looks good but again, tough to say with those two playing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 2 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/18/15 02:47 PM
can someone please explain to me why PES has all of these videos highlighting gameplay, and yet i can't find ONE video of fifa showing actual gameplay?!? Is there some sort of video recording embargo at E3?!?

# 3 Money99 @ 06/18/15 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
can someone please explain to me why PES has all of these videos highlighting gameplay, and yet i can't find ONE video of fifa showing actual gameplay?!? Is there some sort of video recording embargo at E3?!?
That's typical EA B.S.
The same thing is happening with their NHL series.

As a consumer, when a development team has no problems releasing long video's of actual gameplay months before release, it tells me they are proud of their work and have nothing to hide.
When the opposite occurs (hint: EA), it makes me believe they're hoping to woo the masses with bells and whistles and shiny toys, but underneath it all, it has no substance whatsoever.

I could not care less about over-produced slow-motion promo's. They never show any gameplay and almost everything you see in the video won't be seen in the actual game.

# 4 Zac @ 06/18/15 04:08 PM
I liked some of what I saw. But I didn't like some of what I saw. What I really need to see is a player vs cpu on the hardest difficulty. I don't ever play against other people, so showing me two players playing each other doesn't show me anything about the game that I want.

And I'm never going to let this go. Please Konami, remove the dumb replay system. The first one is fine, but we don't need the two after that. All it does is break up the flow of the game. Also they are aware that our consoles record those for us now right, we don't need to make manual saves from in game anymore.

# 5 Turbojugend @ 06/18/15 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
And I'm never going to let this go. Please Konami, remove the dumb replay system. The first one is fine, but we don't need the two after that. All it does is break up the flow of the game. Also they are aware that our consoles record those for us now right, we don't need to make manual saves from in game anymore.
This. Also, why is it always the Options/Start button to skip through replays? Three unnecessary inputs on a button that rarely gets used in the game. One face button input should be enough.

# 6 KG @ 06/18/15 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Not gonna judge too much because it was two speed burst abusers playing the game but the fouls still seem to be a huge issue. There was a sequence halfway through where a guy got levelled by another and there was no call whatsoever. That's a huge issue because it wasn't a ticky-tack foul...it was practically a football tackle.

The rest looks good but again, tough to say with those two playing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
In the Brazil-Germany match there were 7 fouls in the 1st half counting advantages played. I saw more fouls in that entire match than I have in my last 20 Master League games of 2015 combined, lol.

Edit - Yeah I saw that in the Juventus/Roma game. Yeah, big foul that wasn't called.

# 7 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/18/15 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
That's typical EA B.S.
The same thing is happening with their NHL series.

As a consumer, when a development team has no problems releasing long video's of actual gameplay months before release, it tells me they are proud of their work and have nothing to hide.
When the opposite occurs (hint: EA), it makes me believe they're hoping to woo the masses with bells and whistles and shiny toys, but underneath it all, it has no substance whatsoever.

I could not care less about over-produced slow-motion promo's. They never show any gameplay and almost everything you see in the video won't be seen in the actual game.
Honestly, I think you're right... I just don't recall EA doing this for FIFA last year! This game has been played on the floor at E3 (or so I thought), and not ONE SINGLE PERSON has youtubed camera footage of gameplay. This really friggin sucks, and tells me that EA dropped the ball this year and really didn't add much...or it's too glitchy. really sucks!!

# 8 Matt10 @ 06/18/15 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I liked some of what I saw. But I didn't like some of what I saw. What I really need to see is a player vs cpu on the hardest difficulty. I don't ever play against other people, so showing me two players playing each other doesn't show me anything about the game that I want.

I would love to see a player v cpu as well. It does help to see how the non user controlled players (off the ball, defenders for example) move, and I still think they overplay their marks and positions way too easily. They give away too much room and over-commit.

Do you mean the replay in which you can control the camera, angles, free cam etc? If so, I think the reason that has always been in PES is because there used to be (not sure if still exists) a limit to just how far the replay will go back. In earlier PES, you could not see a replay if the ball goes out of bounds, and the next "scene"/animation has occured. For example, you shoot the ball, results in a goal kick, the next screen is the CPU taking the goal kick, you pause to see your shot replay - and there's no way to see it because the replay track has started over to the point of the goal kick.

If I'm way off, then at least it might've helped someone who didn't know that before. If not, then I just suck

# 9 Zac @ 06/18/15 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I would love to see a player v cpu as well. It does help to see how the non user controlled players (off the ball, defenders for example) move, and I still think they overplay their marks and positions way too easily. They give away too much room and over-commit.

Do you mean the replay in which you can control the camera, angles, free cam etc? If so, I think the reason that has always been in PES is because there used to be (not sure if still exists) a limit to just how far the replay will go back. In earlier PES, you could not see a replay if the ball goes out of bounds, and the next "scene"/animation has occured. For example, you shoot the ball, results in a goal kick, the next screen is the CPU taking the goal kick, you pause to see your shot replay - and there's no way to see it because the replay track has started over to the point of the goal kick.

If I'm way off, then at least it might've helped someone who didn't know that before. If not, then I just suck
Yes, I know why its there. But we don't need it anymore is my point. Its just a hindrance that breaks the flow and takes me out of the game every time. If they cut that one and it was just the two tv reply ones and I could just hit A/X to skip them real fast, I would be fine with it.

The other part of this that gets on my nerves is the break/load every time the ball goes out of bounds. This could be removed if that stupid in game replay save system was removed. It would then be just like FIFA, where its much faster to get back to the action. Honestly, who is even using that save/replay system. Everyone uses the xbox one or PS4 system level recording/sharing.

# 10 bxphenom7 @ 06/18/15 10:16 PM
Loved what I saw. I never cared for net physics but Konami should just fix them already so there's no more complaining over them. It really doesn't make sense that they're still like that, which I get. Also, I agree with others saying how certain plays should have been fouls and as far as I know, there are no multiple ref personalities in the game (ranging from lenient to strict) which makes it concerning, but there were a lot of fouls in the first gameplay videos that came out so I'm assuming it's just tuning the ref's judgement at this point.

Overall, I'm way too hyped for this game lol Its current state is impressive and there's still a littlw over three months until launch to polish up.

# 11 dubcity @ 06/19/15 12:07 AM
Yup, looks like more physicality but not really an increase in fouls. Which sounds like a recipe for serious rage when playing the CPU on Top Player or Superstar. I'd rather stick with the CPU magically displacing the ball with no contact, then have my guy get leveled with no foul just for the sake of keeping the "action" and game play moving along quickly.

Normally I don't care about the UI or shot power bars or the scoreline box up top too much, but it's kinda weak that those don't look any different than last year. It's like PES 2012 era graphics. Presentation elements like that aren't vital, but keep things fun and interesting when you reach the 6-8 month mark of playing the game.

# 12 Matt10 @ 06/19/15 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Yes, I know why its there. But we don't need it anymore is my point. Its just a hindrance that breaks the flow and takes me out of the game every time. If they cut that one and it was just the two tv reply ones and I could just hit A/X to skip them real fast, I would be fine with it.
It is needed...that's the thing. How else do you plan on seeing your replays of goals scored? You need to have the option to save it or record it. PES has not reached FIFA's level of replay playback length, or even the ability to view event highlights. This has always been in PES games, and I think PES fans would be pretty vocal if it was completely removed with no other way to access their highlights later.

# 13 Zac @ 06/19/15 11:49 AM
Quote:
It is needed...that's the thing. How else do you plan on seeing your replays of goals scored? You need to have the option to save it or record it. PES has not reached FIFA's level of replay playback length, or even the ability to view event highlights. This has always been in PES games, and I think PES fans would be pretty vocal if it was completely removed with no other way to access their highlights later.
Except for that whole part where your console does that for you now. And it doesn't matter if its in the game or not.

# 14 Matt10 @ 06/19/15 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Except for that whole part where your console does that for you now. And it doesn't matter if its in the game or not.
And for us PC players? KONAMI can't assume third party screen recorders are to be used.

Fwiw, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just presenting the possible reasons that the replay system is untouched in this regard. You can say do away with this and that, but you also have to think about the solutions and end results to make it a realistic change.

# 15 KG @ 06/19/15 12:23 PM
What would be cool and actually make ppl use it over the console/PC capture options would be some kind of highlight montage at the menu screen. One of the NCAA football versions had it.

# 16 Matt10 @ 06/19/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
What would be cool and actually make ppl use it over the console/PC capture options would be some kind of highlight montage at the menu screen. One of the NCAA football versions had it.
Yeah, I forget which one that was, but that would be a nice added touch, KG.

# 17 KG @ 06/19/15 01:18 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I forget which one that was, but that would be a nice added touch, KG.
I think it even had a trophy room. Why PES and FIFA don't have trophy rooms makes no sense, especially in a sport where trophies are EVERYTHING.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.