Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Sports Gamers Online has posted a quick minute of NBA Live 16 gameplay footage from E3. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 magicman32 @ 06/19/15 07:28 PM
The faces look really good. Everything else...comedy. LOL

# 42 Playmakers @ 06/19/15 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
But according to their blog, they promised both unparalleled control AND best-in-class animation. And also said that thousands of new animations were created using an innovative motion capture system. Again, these animations were CAPTURED, they came from human players. Isn't that what motion capture means?

Why shouldn't we expect great looking/realistic animations? Unless they were talking about the class of 2005.
same song different verse each year with some guys on here....

anyone that gets critical about the player movement or animations year after year will hear the same tune "We can't expect them to get it 100% right so soon"

It's a Next Gen system we should expect more from them ASAP not 4-5 years down the road...

# 43 youvalss @ 06/20/15 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
same song different verse each year with some guys on here....

anyone that gets critical about the player movement or animations year after year will hear the same tune "We can't expect them to get it 100% right so soon"

It's a Next Gen system we should expect more from them ASAP not 4-5 years down the road...
Yeah. And I think this is about the time when it's becoming more of a current-gen systems...

I never expect miracles from NBA Live when it comes to animations. But when they are the ones saying it, I expect it to be true.

My hope is that this build is missing a lot of content, and/or they didn't want to show the real thing (saving the best for last). If this is not the case, then it's really sad.

# 44 slowdifference @ 06/20/15 07:31 PM
I'm not even going to troll NBA Live anymore. It's become mundane for me. I'll just shake my head and facepalm at the ineptitude of this franchise. They shouldn't take shots at their competition if their game isn't up to par.

# 45 benefactor @ 06/20/15 07:43 PM
So how does coming into a Live thread in a Live forum and simply saying it sucks achieve anything?

# 46 slowdifference @ 06/20/15 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
So how does coming into a Live thread in a Live forum and simply saying it sucks achieve anything?

Forums are here for us to give our opinions, whether positive or negative. What does me saying the game sucks achieve? Given EA ineptitude for the better part of 15 years..... I'll say nothing. It's more of me stating the obvious at this point.

# 47 CMH @ 06/20/15 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdifference
Forums are here for us to give our opinions, whether positive or negative. What does me saying the game sucks achieve? Given EA ineptitude for the better part of 15 years..... I'll say nothing. It's more of me stating the obvious at this point.
Well seeing as how non constructive criticism is against the terms of service here, it is definitely worth your stay to offer more than "it sucks."

sent from my mobile device

# 48 King_B_Mack @ 06/21/15 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
Honestly, they have to be saving the real final build of gameplay for GDC in August. (Gamescon) That build would go along with showing off that new 5on5 team play mode. Doing this would overwhelm those with positivity who have and haven't seen the E3 build. I believe the E3 build was to just showcase the new lighting, shot meter, and a pinch of offensive A.I. "Live Motion".
Man that is sounding scary similar to Elite 11, Live 13, Live 14, Live 15 pre-release talk. We hear all the "this is the year" "it's gonna happen this time" "Live is back guys" stuff based on the devs saying what they're putting in the game or what they want to get in there, etc. we see a completely misleading trailer or screenshots and then when we see the actual gameplay it turns into "they're saving the good stuff" "they don't wan the competiton stealing their best stuff so they're holding back" etc. please let us not fall into that stuff again. This is year 3 of that 3 year plan we were supposed to be on. No excuses for not being where they're supposed to be (again)

Having said all that, there's still plenty of time to correct some of this stuff. But that movement definitely concerns me because those are legacy issues here.

# 49 maendros @ 06/21/15 11:59 AM
Well player models look awful just like fifa and animations are so jerky(i mean passing animations wtf?)

# 50 coolcras7 @ 06/21/15 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maendros
Well player models look awful just like fifa and animations are so jerky(i mean passing animations wtf?)
Dude stop trolling, one thing you can't say about the videos release are that the player models look awful.

# 51 ccoaxum @ 06/21/15 10:32 PM
so we go in hard on Alpha build right lol, yeah i know EA got alot to probe, everyone tire of them...blah blah blah smh

# 52 Vic Viper @ 06/22/15 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maendros
Player models look awful????!!!

# 53 JBulls @ 06/22/15 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
Player models look awful????!!!
I wouldn't say "awful", but they could be better. Live 14-15 was a nice jump, but Live 15-16 there's no improvement, at least none that I can see anyway.

# 54 Traceur @ 06/23/15 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Dude stop trolling, one thing you can't say about the videos release are that the player models look awful.
He's not trolling. The player models and player movements are embarrassing for "next gen." Sorry but the videos look just like Live 15. Thus far I have not seen any improvements to justify purchasing this game for the 3rd consecutive year.

# 55 Vic Viper @ 06/23/15 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceur
He's not trolling. The player models and player movements are embarrassing for "next gen." Sorry but the videos look just like Live 15. Thus far I have not seen any improvements to justify purchasing this game for the 3rd consecutive year.
I must need to get my eyes fixed. I think people are trolling now. Those graphics that we are seeing cannot be attained through PS3 or PS2. Lets be real for minute. No improvement?? There is even a video showing the difference between Live 15 and 16. Bruh, you haven't even played an NBA LIVE game, but the game hasn't shown any improvements? That doesn't even make sense. You guys are bashing a alpha build in which they gave the green light for us to see. I could understand if that build they were playing was a "finished product", but it's not.

How is that picture above not showing improvement? Look at the texture, color, lighting and etc.... Look how Kermit the Frog morphed into a man we call now, Russell Westbrook. I'm done with this thread. Some people need their eyes checked.

# 56 Tonyattia @ 06/23/15 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
Honestly, they have to be saving the real final build of gameplay for GDC in August. (Gamescon) That build would go along with showing off that new 5on5 team play mode. Doing this would overwhelm those with positivity who have and haven't seen the E3 build. I believe the E3 build was to just showcase the new lighting, shot meter, and a pinch of offensive A.I. "Live Motion".

This would support that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 57 The 24th Letter @ 06/24/15 08:33 AM
Is that Russell Westbrook on the left from Live '14?

Funny thing is, some folks here were trying to pass that off as decent at the time

# 58 TDYRX @ 06/25/15 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Did a noticeable game play comparison video with the IGN footage and Live 15 footage. You can see the game is being improved

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nGd...3hxvursxzsie0w
Didn't realize it until I watched this, but 16 Steph Curry ****S on 15's. And I thought 15's was actually one of the better scans last year.

# 59 Sundown @ 06/28/15 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohkaynerain
Didn't realize it until I watched this, but 16 Steph Curry ****S on 15's. And I thought 15's was actually one of the better scans last year.

It actually looks to be the same scan with modified hair but the new lighting and skin shaders make everything look much more realistic.

# 60 blingballa333 @ 06/28/15 11:42 PM
The graphics certainly look better. How the game animates is very similar to last year, which is not a good thing. At all. That Draymond Green "Fast" break was laughable. When will Live ever figure it out?

2K isn't cutting it for me either lately. These games need a makeover. Live in the animation depth department, 2k in the control/responsiveness area.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.