Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

More Madden NFL 16 gameplay videos continue popping up at various outlets, below are a few of them. Make sure you check out the official Madden NFL 16 E3 video thread, created and updated by jpdavis82 here for more.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Toupal @ 06/22/15 09:47 AM
So how is this different than MUT?

You don't have to pay real money to get players like this?

# 2 Steve_OS @ 06/22/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

It's a new mode, read about it here.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/...aft-champions/

# 3 Datninja619 @ 06/22/15 10:15 AM
Thanks for the post

# 4 DeuceDouglas @ 06/22/15 10:51 AM
Watched Shop's Pats-Hawks game.

As a Chiefs fan, nice to see Kelce with a face scan.

I've never been a huge proponent of sidelines needing to look better but in the QB cut scenes I think there needs to be more guys around the head coach. Hopefully that's something that gets addressed because it looks really awkward with just the coach and QB, especially when the coach is a defensive one like Tomsula.

I like the way the QB's move in the pocket. Looks more natural even as the user. I'll be interested to see how it feels.

The run at 2:15 is still something that needs to be really honed in on and tightened up. Everything looks fine until he completely breaks the tackle and then immediately goes to running full speed. Just looks really unnatural.

Assuming this is on Pro or maybe All-Pro but good to see the CPU contain and smother what looked like old Madden run cheese.

Is the "catch cam" it's own separate thing? Or is it just a result of playing on the Zoom cam? I know a lot of people have said they liked it but I'm not really a fan and just wonder whether or not I could turn that off or if it's different on the other camera angles.

The near pick at 6:40 looked really nice. Was really close to being a pick but good to see the DB's fighting and CJ not coming down with everything. The play at 6:45 is what still worries me though. The TE corner and he gets a good 5 yards of separation again. That was a huge issue last year and completely unable to be fixed with sliders. You could put Coverage and Reaction at 100 and on Rookie it was still almost completely unstoppable.

It's a tough thing to get right but I would have really like to see Kaep scramble on the pick with just under a minute before half. He was basically one-on-one versus a spy in the middle and had the whole right side of the field to work with.

The play at 8:32 looked awesome. Looked even better on the second replay. That was great. Maybe not the best replay for a review but otherwise I loved the way it looked.

9:12...again with the TE corner. I understand it's Graham but in reality it doesn't matter who it is, the same thing is going to play out everytime. Big problem.

# 5 Sheba2011 @ 06/22/15 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

There's no card packs, no real money involved at all. At the beginning of the mode you have a draft and have 3 players to choose from in each round (all of it random) and one "legend" at the end. I put quotes because some of the guys I have seen while good players were far from legends. But anyways you play a 4 game season and then a championship game and then the next season you start fresh again. It's a very quick game mode perfect for a weekend tourney with some buddies.

# 6 BleedGreen710 @ 06/22/15 11:09 AM
awesome run by Bell

# 7 Steve_OS @ 06/22/15 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
awesome run by Bell

Antonio Brown is not awesome in this GIF.

# 8 SolidSquid @ 06/22/15 11:14 AM
Quote:
awesome run by Bell

Looks good. Wish brown would have tried to do something though instead of just standing there being in the way. Makes me think WRs should have a block rating that's makes them more or less likely to go after people on run plays.

# 9 The JareBear @ 06/22/15 11:38 AM
I've watched every vid I could find from E3, sometimes more than once, and I think I have seen everything I need to see.

The game is still Madden, but it looks very much improved IMO. I know that the game is still alpha but let's real there really isn't that much time left before going gold so basically we can expect what we see here with things tuned and tightened up a bit, and that's fine. This looks good. It is still Madden, but it is the best I have seen Madden look in a long time.

I think this will be a good, fun game this year. Hopefully the gameplay sliders are all effective

# 10 bowld @ 06/22/15 11:48 AM
Wish Brown would have tried to block on that long run play. Him just standing there watching the play looked awful

# 11 DeuceDouglas @ 06/22/15 11:56 AM
Quote:
awesome run by Bell

I actually kind of like the way Brown handled the play. It didn't really look good because he didn't react. At all. To anything. But had there been some kind of urgency after Bell broke free it would have looked a lot better. I've seen a lot of plays like that, especially out of receivers, where they feel like the play ends and then they're almost surprised to have to keep playing when had they been playing the whole time it could have been huge.

All in all, yeah it looked bad but, to me, that wasn't a completely illogical sequence.

# 12 brandon27 @ 06/22/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Antonio Brown is not awesome in this GIF.
Agreed. That's the only thing about this GIF that bothers me. Everything else looks really good. The speed, the animations, it looks a lot more fluid.

The fact Brown though is clueless about what's going on around him worries me a bit. You do sometimes see that on Sundays with WR's not really putting forth much effort on blocking. This though, I doubt was that.

It's almost as if Brown though Bell went down, it looked like he was wandering back to the huddle. Hopefully it's just a small little programming issue they can iron out to make him more aware.

# 13 undrafted @ 06/22/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Wish Brown would have tried to block on that long run play. Him just standing there watching the play looked awful
I was uploading the very same animated gif: after seeing that, how can anybody pick up this videogame and still play it, knowing that something like that can happen... is way beyond me.
Even worst, hearing developers proudly claiming in interviews that they are going for a 'simulation' approach... please.

I understand it's alpha gameplay... but please please.
Block awareness is not something that you should add in the last development stretch of the 25th/26th/whatever-enth iteration of your simulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I actually kind of like the way Brown handled the play. It didn't really look good because he didn't react. At all. To anything. But had there been some kind of urgency after Bell broke free it would have looked a lot better. I've seen a lot of plays like that, especially out of receivers, where they feel like the play ends and then they're almost surprised to have to keep playing when had they been playing the whole time it could have been huge.

All in all, yeah it looked bad but, to me, that wasn't a completely illogical sequence.
I understand your point of view, but as the receiver clearly sees what's happening, there is not excuse here.

# 14 BleedGreen710 @ 06/22/15 12:23 PM
Quote:
awesome run by Bell

its funny to watch #99 on the Browns dive and miss, he falls right on his face

# 15 Datninja619 @ 06/22/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
OMG. I didn't even catch that. That's hilarious. I'd be PISSED if this happened to me online, but I'm assuming this is on PRO difficulty.

I liked how the linemen are driving their defender and sealing them.
Every O-Line seemed to push the defenders off of the LOS (Could be a good and bad sign though).
There was nice awareness with the center I think. He double teamed to the next level, then smoothly stepped in front of the linebacker to cut the lane off.

As for the WR, I don't know what he could have done in that situation. Past years AI would have made him run in front of the ball carrier to the end zone. At least here he could slow down any pursuers if the person with the controller had some stick skills (joking).

Not sure if these are improvements or I just want to play a football game lol

# 16 redsox4evur @ 06/22/15 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
I like the Draft Champions idea, but it would nice if I could choose a non-NFL uniform. I feel like, if I'm putting together a fictional team, I should be able to select a fictional uniform. Seeing Cam Newton in a Pats uni seems more odd to me than seeing him a fictional uni I selected for my drafted team. Of course, I played All-Pro Football a lot so I'm probably influenced by that concept, but it's a reason why I could never get into MUT; not being able to have my own selected uni.
Yea I agree with you on this. Maybe they could do something like Diamond Dynasty in MLB the Show. Where you can create your own team, per se. That is something that would be cool to see.

# 17 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/22/15 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
At least he bounced off of Brown instead of running right through him. I don't remember seeing any body parts clipping through other bodies in any of the videos so far. Anybody else notice any of this in any vids? Did they work on this in 16. I'd see it quite often in previous versions.
Yes! They cleaned up the physics engine this year & I love it! Honestly that was one of my biggest issues in Madden 15. I hate seeing morphing/player clipping. It totally kills immersion & I'm so glad they cleaned this up because it makes a huge difference.

On area that I wish they would clean up however is how players walk/run right through other players bodies during the hurry up offense which is an eye sore when it happens. They've cleaned the rest of the game up but not this area. Physics need to kick in at all times. Hopefully there's still time left to fix this.

# 18 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 06/22/15 12:51 PM
Quote:
If you look closely he actually got tripped up but still funny though lol

# 19 The JareBear @ 06/22/15 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
OMG. I didn't even catch that. That's hilarious. I'd be PISSED if this happened to me online, but I'm assuming this is on PRO difficulty.

I liked how the linemen are driving their defender and sealing them.
Every O-Line seemed to push the defenders off of the LOS (Could be a good and bad sign though).
There was nice awareness with the center I think. He double teamed to the next level, then smoothly stepped in front of the linebacker to cut the lane off.

Not sure if these are improvements or I just want to play a football game lol
My honest opinion (not trying to argue with you or anything) I think the o-line looks way overpowered, there is zero push by defenders in almost all the videos I saw. They barely even are fighting at all. As many others have said

A lot of videos from E3 were on PRO tho, so, that is to be considered.

I just want to see d-line fighting. Even if they are getting beat, put up some sort of fight

# 20 Datninja619 @ 06/22/15 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
My honest opinion (not trying to argue with you or anything) I think the o-line looks way overpowered, there is zero push by defenders in almost all the videos I saw. They barely even are fighting at all. As many others have said

A lot of videos from E3 were on PRO tho, so, that is to be considered.

I just want to see d-line fighting. Even if they are getting beat, put up some sort of fight
I don't recall seeing a push like that before, but it is hard to judge if it's overpowered or just low ratings and difficulty.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.