Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports and the Madden team are scheduled to reveal presentation improvements for Madden NFL 16 sometime this week. No official date was given, but what are you hoping to see?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 darknmild @ 06/30/15 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
Sports Crawler w/Scores from around the league.

Game Break's with scores and info from games around the league.

Injuries and how the Presentation deals with them has improved.

Players, if injured in game, depending on injury, some will be seen standing on sideline in streets (Example: w/arm in sling, on crutches etc.)

Injured Player's replacement highlighted. If a QB, his stats pop-up, his record as a QB (W's & L's)

Specific Audio Commentary for Pre-Season, Regular Season, Playoffs & Super Bowl.

Team having a bad year, towards the end of the season, Stadium not full............It's the truth!

All players info more detailed (Teams played for, awards etc.)

More stat overlays....

All Drafted players especially #1's are referenced. If they had a draft story it's kept going.

Draft Presentation has been addressed. All Trades during draft are in a pop-up now w/details. Commish walking to podium, players walk on stage. Draft fan reaction.

Teams who won the Super Bowl are now addressed as the Super Bowl Champs the following year. Including Back to Back, three-peat, Dynasty talk w/multiple SB's over a number of years span.

We now have a Super Bowl Trophy case with Trophies. Banners hanging in the Stadium.

Off-Season Presentation addressed with more highlighted moves when it comes to Free Agency, Retirements, Hall Of Fame, Trades, Cuts/Releases, Re-Signings.

Coaches now have Super Bowl record in stat pop-up

Players (especially QB's) and Coaches records during playoffs and Super Bowls.

Players Playoff & Super Bowl stats

Last Season stats are popped up during the 1st game of the following years regular season.
Definitely I agree one Cowboys fan to another

# 122 CyberRudy25 @ 06/30/15 07:11 PM
what I've learned the past 10 years with Madden and when it comes to presentation. DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING. Cause if you do. You'll definitely be disappointed.

# 123 Northcutt1 @ 06/30/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
This is a concern for much of the community ... but not me.

Seeing the various Nike and Under Armor cleats is really cool, and adds to the immersion -- that's a pretty noticeable detail that you can see from afar. But I don't see why people worry so much about player gloves and JJ Watt's elbow pad not being exact ... really?????? All I can do is lol.

It is important to me that they get the uniforms, colors & details accurate. And, it goes without saying, none of this is important if they can't get the gameplay right. I just ask that they continue ironing out the gameplay experience, bec

use if the gameplay ain't right, I don't care what the game looks like, I play the game to play it, not to pause it & take gorgeous screenshots (nothing wrong with that, though).
I think they maybe talking about different helmets like the Riddell Speed Flex helmets & the Schutt DNA with the two bars that are vertical like the Redskins running back Alford Morris wears. One arm sleeves would be nice, but the helmets & facemask are what I would like a variety of.
Peace

# 124 NDAlum @ 06/30/15 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
There was a halftime show last year.

Not for online CFM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 125 CM Hooe @ 06/30/15 08:19 PM
If I recall correctly, most of the presentation stuff gets turned off in online head-to-head play to minimize the possibility of desyncs.

Completely understandable, though for people who like online CFM such as myself it is a tough pill to swallow.

# 126 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/15 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If I recall correctly, most of the presentation stuff gets turned off in online head-to-head play to minimize the possibility of desyncs.

Completely understandable, though for people who like online CFM such as myself it is a tough pill to swallow.
That actually makes a lot of sense, no wonder people didn't know about the Playoff brackets and upcoming schedule banners.

# 127 KOTC Wayne @ 06/30/15 10:07 PM
Quote:

Players, if injured in game, depending on injury, some will be seen standing on sideline in streets (Example: w/arm in sling, on crutches etc.)

Injured Player's replacement highlighted. If a QB, his stats pop-up, his record as a QB (W's & L's)

Specific Audio Commentary for Pre-Season, Regular Season, Playoffs & Super Bowl.

Team having a bad year, towards the end of the season, Stadium not full............It's the truth!

More stat overlays....

All Drafted players especially #1's are referenced. If they had a draft story it's kept going.

Draft Presentation has been addressed. All Trades during draft are in a pop-up now w/details. Commish walking to podium, players walk on stage. Draft fan reaction.

Teams who won the Super Bowl are now addressed as the Super Bowl Champs the following year. Including Back to Back, three-peat, Dynasty talk w/multiple SB's over a number of years span.

We now have a Super Bowl Trophy case with Trophies. Banners hanging in the Stadium.

Off-Season Presentation addressed with more highlighted moves when it comes to Free Agency, Retirements, Hall Of Fame, Trades, Cuts/Releases, Re-Signings.

Last Season stats are popped up during the 1st game of the following years regular season.
Is this for offline CCM or online?

# 128 lgxjames @ 06/30/15 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBeBeast
Weekly wrap up show in cfm and I will walk to the store and preorder...wont even drive, I'll walk.
probably the only thing I'll preorder for

# 129 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 07/01/15 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Not sure I get it.
I think he means something more than replays where most of the play is cutoff by the EA Sports logo. Maybe a highlights around the league thing? More than one guy talking? Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Not for online CFM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also this is true. No halftime for CFM online, which is weird since they said they wanted to merge the two together to streamline.

Anyway, regarding the thread's topic, I'm hoping to see that all the hype about the night lighting is based on reality. I'm hoping to be stunned by night time lighting. Also, I'm hoping all the uniforms are right, and that the replays aren't cut off by the EA Sports logo, especially the halftime and end game highlights.

Quote:

More stat overlays....

That bold part PLEASE. Also this entire post.

# 130 TexasFan2005 @ 07/01/15 07:33 AM
Quote:
I know the Packers play Bang the Drum, it was in older Madden's but wasn't in M15.
I know it was in Madden 25 as part of the stadium music for all stadiums, so I don't think it was stadium specific like the Eagles, Vikes, and Bears songs that were in Madden 15.

Also, Patriots play that "this is our house" song that plays after every TD (truly cringe-worthy for every non-pats fans btw ).

I hope they have that deep bass sound that plays in Seattle when the visitor's offense is on 3rd down. You can definitely hear it through the speakers at home, especially these days since they've been on national tv almost every week.

Lastly, I really hope they can somehow capture the intensity of some stadiums compared to others, even if it's for future games. Something like 'dynamic stadium atmosphere' unique to each stadium since all stadiums are designed differently. Partially roofed stadiums like Seattle, open stadiums like Pittsburgh, domed stadiums like St. Louis, and the modern retractable roof stadiums like Jerry World all emit different stadium noise. Decibel levels are influenced by the stadium architectural design, acoustics, crowd attendance, wind, and certainly the game situation. I know the EA team can't visit every stadium to capture the unique atmosphere of each, but it'd be nice to have at least 5 or so stadiums with their own lifelike atmosphere blasting through our speakers. That would be a heck of an in-game presentation upgrade.

# 131 The JareBear @ 07/01/15 07:47 AM
Has there ever been an explanation why some presentation elements are disabled for user games?

Edit:

I missed CM's post a few above this. I can see why minimizing desyncs is a priority. I can't help but wonder why this seems to be only a big problem in sports games though.

# 132 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/15 08:00 AM
I have a feeling today is the day for the reveal, we'll see though.

# 133 Eastsidestory5 @ 07/01/15 08:36 AM
Quote:
If it is, does that grant you the freedom to discuss the changes with us here? (I'm assuming you're already aware of the changes)

# 134 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/15 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsidestory5
If it is, does that grant you the freedom to discuss the changes with us here? (I'm assuming you're already aware of the changes)
Maybe some, just can't do another Q&A thread like I did with gameplay.

# 135 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/15 09:07 AM
One thing I will say, and I may have already mentioned this, but when I played a game of Steelers Ravens at M&T, the Steelers fans had terrible towels. I just thought it was a nice touch and it goes along with the attention to detail.

# 136 Rams_3 @ 07/01/15 09:13 AM
Quote:
I hope so. Its always great to get new info, hopefully its not just a 30 sec video lol.

# 137 redsox4evur @ 07/01/15 09:30 AM
Quote:
One thing I will say, and I may have already mentioned this, but when I played a game of Steelers Ravens at M&T, the Steelers fans had terrible towels. I just thought it was a nice touch and it goes along with the attention to detail.
Yea I remember seeing that somewhere. You did say it one of the other threads.

# 138 Step2001 @ 07/01/15 09:38 AM
Quote:
JP, how come EA being spotty with the release of info with Madden 16? While EA's NHL 16 did a info dump all on one day basically.

I don't get it, they have no other company that's making a Football Game, curious as to why they're holding their cards close to their vest?

I liked how they did a info dump for Madden 12, it was in separate blogs over the month of May, but it just gave the feeling they improved the game, which they did.

# 139 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/15 09:44 AM
Quote:
JP, how come EA being spotty with the release of info with Madden 16? While EA's NHL 16 did a info dump all on one day basically.

I don't get it, they have no other company that's making a Football Game, curious as to why they're holding their cards close to their vest?

I liked how they did a info dump for Madden 12, it was in separate blogs over the month of May, but it just gave the feeling they improved the game, which they did.
I felt like the gameplay reveal was pretty extensive, I would expect something similar with presentation.

# 140 aholbert32 @ 07/01/15 09:59 AM
Quote:

I dont think they are being spotty. Most games do rollouts like this. You want news to steadily flow up until release week. Releasing all the info at once limits the amount of press and attention the game will get before release.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.