Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports and the Madden team are scheduled to reveal presentation improvements for Madden NFL 16 sometime this week. No official date was given, but what are you hoping to see?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Datninja619 @ 07/01/15 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
JP, how come EA being spotty with the release of info with Madden 16? While EA's NHL 16 did a info dump all on one day basically.

I don't get it, they have no other company that's making a Football Game, curious as to why they're holding their cards close to their vest?

I liked how they did a info dump for Madden 12, it was in separate blogs over the month of May, but it just gave the feeling they improved the game, which they did.
I think last year was the first year they came with this approach (or maybe Madden 25). Think about it from a business marketing stand point.

They've been able to release bits and pieces of their game and use social media to drive up the hype. They got us checking twitter/facebook/forums everyday to see what new bit of information is released

It's frustrating because as humans we dislike waiting lol. But for them, they have prolonged their marketing campaign since May with NEW information periodically.

# 142 mjavon @ 07/01/15 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
JP, how come EA being spotty with the release of info with Madden 16? While EA's NHL 16 did a info dump all on one day basically.

I don't get it, they have no other company that's making a Football Game, curious as to why they're holding their cards close to their vest?

I liked how they did a info dump for Madden 12, it was in separate blogs over the month of May, but it just gave the feeling they improved the game, which they did.
Helps build anticipation. Just good marketing. To be honest, marketing is EA's best strength.

# 143 georgiafan @ 07/01/15 11:15 AM
Since its gonna be this week you would think it would be today bc the holiday weekend is quickly coming and you would think they would want people to have time to see it before Friday.

# 144 Potatoes002 @ 07/01/15 03:05 PM
I'm sure everything has already been covered, but I will add that I hope the Playoff atmosphere will be addressed in the presentation blog. I hate how the announcers/overlays are the same as any regular game, Madden just doesn't capture these intense postseason games and make them feel any more special.

# 145 SageInfinite @ 07/01/15 03:50 PM
Hope the half-time show was improved. Nice they finally added one last year, but that **** was garbage. Better than NBA 2k15's though.

Feeling some of the new presentation stuff I saw in game, but some of that **** was too "video gamey" for my taste. Especially since they did such a good job last year with the camera work.

# 146 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/15 10:13 PM
Ok so tomorrow has got to be the day.

Which of these things are you most wanting to hear about and what are you expecting to hear was improved tomorrow?

Sidelines/Crowds character models and props
Stadium songs
Stadium chants
Halftime Show
Post Game Show
Weekly Wrap Up
Lighting & time of day improvements
Player Likeness
Stadium additions/renovations
Uniform improvements & fixes
Commentary improvements
Cameras in game and replays

Ok that's about all I can think of. So which of those do you guys feel you most are wanting them to announce have been improved/added in Madden 16?

# 147 DeuceDouglas @ 07/01/15 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ok that's about all I can think of. So which of those do you guys feel you most are wanting them to announce have been improved/added in Madden 16?
Stadium atmosphere. Crowd and stadium noise as well as a definitive differentiation between regular games, primetime games, playoff games, etc.

# 148 iLLWiLL @ 07/01/15 10:21 PM
Quote:
Which of these things are you most wanting to hear about and what are you expecting to hear was improved tomorrow?

Stadium songs
Stadium chants
Halftime Show
Post Game Show
Weekly Wrap Up
Player Likeness
Commentary improvements
Damn, that's a good list. How about ALL of them!

# 149 iLLWiLL @ 07/01/15 10:25 PM
JP, if they don't reveal tomorrow (and subsequently Friday) you should just break your NDA and start leaking all kinds of ish that you know of. Do it for the "community"

# 150 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/15 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Damn, that's a good list. How about ALL of them!
Whatever we don't get this year, you better believe I'll be talking to the devs soon about ALL of the rest of it getting in and SOON. I want to see all of that in the game in the next two years, oh and add dynamic weather to that list too.

# 151 jpdavis82 @ 07/01/15 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
JP, if they don't reveal tomorrow (and subsequently Friday) you should just break your NDA and start leaking all kinds of ish that you know of. Do it for the "community"
I would but... Wait is that EA on my lawn?

# 152 iLLWiLL @ 07/01/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Whatever we don't get this year, you better believe I'll be talking to the devs soon about ALL of the rest of it getting in and SOON. I want to see all of that in the game in the next two years, oh and add dynamic weather to that list too.
Good job working with the devs, bro. Helping to get the game more sim, where we all want it to be

# 153 MaddenLife @ 07/01/15 11:03 PM
Cant wait to hear news on this hopefully tomorrow.

# 154 therealsmallville @ 07/02/15 12:32 AM
Hey JP, I know you can't discuss it but do you already know what's in the blog? Or did the build you played not have it installed yet?

Again, I know you can't talk about content, but just curious if you know already or if you'll be as surprised (or disappointed) as the rest of us. Thanks for all the time you spend answering questions here, it's really appreciated. You take a lot of crap from people, but you still show up every day. Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 155 ShaiLeGran @ 07/02/15 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Hope the half-time show was improved. Nice they finally added one last year, but that **** was garbage. Better than NBA 2k15's though.

Feeling some of the new presentation stuff I saw in game, but some of that **** was too "video gamey" for my taste. Especially since they did such a good job last year with the camera work.
I actually thought I would miss out on the halftime show, but after a couple of plays, I think 2K did the right thing. I just want some stats, around the league stats and an upcoming game during HT, no highlights. Safe that for after the game, together with the player interview.

What I would like to see: something to do during the load-up of the match, simular to what FIFA does with skill games, or - better - like 2K does with Shaq and the other guy. Loading screens should be something of the past.

# 156 jpdavis82 @ 07/02/15 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Hey JP, I know you can't discuss it but do you already know what's in the blog? Or did the build you played not have it installed yet?

Again, I know you can't talk about content, but just curious if you know already or if you'll be as surprised (or disappointed) as the rest of us. Thanks for all the time you spend answering questions here, it's really appreciated. You take a lot of crap from people, but you still show up every day. Nice work

Presentation is usually one of the last things they put in the game, I'm sure I will be surprised/disappointed by some things too, I have a pretty good idea of what's coming overall.

# 157 therealsmallville @ 07/02/15 08:27 AM
Quote:
Presentation is usually one of the last things they put in the game, I'm sure I will be surprised/disappointed by some things too, I have a pretty good idea of what's coming overall.

Cool, thanks for the response.

# 158 Aggies7 @ 07/02/15 08:29 AM
Nice list JP. But would also like to see NCAA type studio update from around the league.

# 159 jpdavis82 @ 07/02/15 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Nice list JP. But would also like to see NCAA type studio update from around the league.
Dang I forgot that one, me too.

# 160 King Cardinal @ 07/02/15 09:37 AM
Quote:
Ok so tomorrow has got to be the day.

Stadium songs
Stadium chants
Halftime Show
Post Game Show
Weekly Wrap Up
Player Likeness
Commentary improvements

I would say Stadium additions, uniform improvements (and adding more throwbacks from my uniform pack suggestions, improved crowd models and chants, a score ticker from games around the league (CFM), and adding scoreboard graphics to new stadium if they stay in same city (moving the Vikings graphics to New Vikings stadium) are my Top 5 presentation improvements that I would like to see.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.