Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Check out the new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour gameplay video, utilizing the new "Quick Rounds" feature.

The gameplay coverage begins during the second round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational at the Bayhill Club & Lounge in Orlando, Florida. After watching the video, make sure you post your thoughts!

EA Access subscribers can start playing on July 9 for 10 hours. The game ships on July 14th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: EA Sports has posted a new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour blog detailing the Quick Rounds feature, crowd and tournament structures, Golf Channel integration, BOSE Big Hit moments, Heartbeat moments, camera angles and broadcast presentation.

Quote:
New to this year’s game is the Quick Rounds feature, which provides a selection of holes to play each round of a tournament, rather than requiring players to complete all 18 holes each day. You’ll enter each day of the tournament at a different point in the round, with simulated holes based on your player’s ratings and attribute bonuses.

Once you’ve played your selection of holes, the remainder of the round (if you don’t finish on 18) will also be simulated. Players will always complete the final holes on the last day of a tournament, so the ultimate outcome is always up to you.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 grahamc @ 06/30/15 03:30 AM
I would imagine that they've just kept it generic for the video, and you'll see whatever name you have given your created golfer.

Overall, impressed with what I saw, and the added bonus of EA tweeting last night that they will be supplying some free DLC after the release might soften some of the earlier blows.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSGOLF/status/615661863058149376

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

# 22 Dazraz @ 06/30/15 03:45 AM
Okay so now I'm sold. The commentary is a massive step forward for the franchise. Glad that Quick Tournaments are in as that's all I play.

# 23 LingeringRegime @ 06/30/15 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
What makes you doubt a lack of customization?

There isn't even an option for skins matches.
They have different clothes, clubs, etc. for your created golfer, pretty sure they would have different celebrations.

Skins Game isn't associated with creating your golfer.

# 24 ps3veron @ 06/30/15 06:24 AM
Sold! All aboard the hype train!

# 25 csamuelsvt @ 06/30/15 07:17 AM
I noticed a lot of Tiger Woods name dropping...any way that he's in this game as DLC?

Also, I noticed the crowd when you hit shots doesn't follow through with looking at where the ball goes which was something they did in the past games. They crowd just stares at the golfer. Hopefully its a bug.

Commentary is very very good and natural and the game looks gorgeous. Can't wait to play.

# 26 DivotMaker @ 06/30/15 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
I noticed a lot of Tiger Woods name dropping...any way that he's in this game as DLC?
Highly doubt it, When Tiger and EA parted ways, it was understood he would not show up in any EA Golf game for the foreseeable future.....

# 27 Walt Frazier @ 06/30/15 08:49 AM
Looks great. Really excited for this one.

Would much rather a genuine next gen Golf game, even if limited courses, than something safe and solid. This is clearly a next gen sports title...

# 28 catcherforbaseball @ 06/30/15 08:58 AM
I guess my biggest question is about the created golfers and their carry over to other consoles. For example, if I have a couple buddies come over to play for an evening and want to use their created golfers, do they have to use their "PSN Sign In" to use their golfer from the cloud? I surely assume that is a yes. Will they get all the stats and attribute boost from that round? Will that carry over to their console when they get back home? It will be interesting to see before updates how this plays out. I have a feeling little things like this will go overlooked and need an update to fix.

# 29 Dogslax41 @ 06/30/15 09:06 AM
Seeing the pink roses on the camera shot run in really made me miss the fact we won't be getting Augusta this round.

# 30 brandon27 @ 06/30/15 09:57 AM
Well, this makes me feel better about things.

I'm still on the fence and will use my EA Access trial as the ultimate decision maker for me.

However, this video makes me feel good about what were getting, even if the course selection is limited at launch.

Visuals look great, presentation looks great, commentary sounded good. No load times between holes/shots is really nice too. Looks like it has a nice flow to it from shot to shot. Impressed with that.

About time we got a nice extended look at some of the gameplay. Too bad it looks like it was in arcade mode with a lot of the features left on, that I'd turn off, but that's ok.

# 31 esdot404 @ 06/30/15 10:36 AM
After seeing this video I will probably be picking up this title after being on the fence about it. Graphics and presentation looks great. I am a bit disappointed with the lack of real courses available upon release. I did read the EA Sports Golf tweet about delivering post-launch free updates, I wonder if that will include more courses and golfers so I am hoping that is a plus.

# 32 mac_rmm @ 06/30/15 11:20 AM
Right now, if you have Amazon Prime you can get $10 off the $60 price by pre-ordering. You also get a code for TPC Scottsdale which is at least one extra course. I bit on this thinking I can sell it for $40-50 easily afterward if it is a disappointment.

# 33 DivotMaker @ 06/30/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Again, it's probably all but confirmed as it is... but is that course list we were given a couple weeks ago CONFIRMED as the retail set? Or just the list that the guy in E3 put out and no one from EA bothered verifying or not?
Confirmed on Twitter....

# 34 jb12780 @ 06/30/15 11:45 AM
Quote:
Hey, does the X1 allow Twitch streaming like the PS4 does? If so, maybe someone getting this on EA Access can stream there so everyone can see???
X1 does twitch streaming. Just need the app.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 35 wheels2121 @ 06/30/15 12:33 PM
Quote:
Oh that's cool, where you at?
New Britain. Takes me like 25 minutes to get to the Travelers

# 36 inkcil @ 06/30/15 02:12 PM
Does the 8 courses include the arcade courses or were those scrapped?

# 37 brandon27 @ 06/30/15 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Does the 8 courses include the arcade courses or were those scrapped?

It's 8 officially licensed. 9 if you pre-order.

There are 4 fantasy courses included on top of that as well.

See below:
Standard Courses
  • TPC Sawgrass
  • TPC Boston
  • TPC Scottsdale (available with pre-order)
  • St. Andrews
  • Whistling Straits
  • Bay Hill
  • Royal Troon
  • Wolf Creek
  • Chambers Bay
Fictional/Fantasy Courses
  • Coyote Falls
  • Parcel Storm
  • Lighthouse Pointe
  • Wetlands
See here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lfer-list.html

# 38 Pompeo89 @ 06/30/15 02:51 PM
The celebrations are over the top. Everything else looks great, excited to get my hands on it.

# 39 BA2929 @ 06/30/15 04:47 PM
I can't get past the broadcast/beauty shots freezing when they go from one to another. Really takes me out of the immersion of "watching" televised golf.

# 40 ChiTownKid @ 06/30/15 04:50 PM
The game is pretty, but feels sterile. And those post-putt celebrations are absolutely ridiculous. Like, really bad.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.