Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Check out the new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour gameplay video, utilizing the new "Quick Rounds" feature.

The gameplay coverage begins during the second round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational at the Bayhill Club & Lounge in Orlando, Florida. After watching the video, make sure you post your thoughts!

EA Access subscribers can start playing on July 9 for 10 hours. The game ships on July 14th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: EA Sports has posted a new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour blog detailing the Quick Rounds feature, crowd and tournament structures, Golf Channel integration, BOSE Big Hit moments, Heartbeat moments, camera angles and broadcast presentation.

Quote:
New to this year’s game is the Quick Rounds feature, which provides a selection of holes to play each round of a tournament, rather than requiring players to complete all 18 holes each day. You’ll enter each day of the tournament at a different point in the round, with simulated holes based on your player’s ratings and attribute bonuses.

Once you’ve played your selection of holes, the remainder of the round (if you don’t finish on 18) will also be simulated. Players will always complete the final holes on the last day of a tournament, so the ultimate outcome is always up to you.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 81 robjoye10 @ 07/04/15 12:06 AM
The official Rory McIlroy EA Sports twitter page has tweeted to numerous people including me that they will be providing "FREE post launch updates that include more courses and golfers" doesn't say that it will be DLC from the store but says they will be included in updates. It doesn't say what players or what courses just assured there would be more than 12 players and 8 courses.

# 82 rmaccari @ 07/06/15 02:36 PM
I not always want to go out alone and in the latter group.
I would like, as in the real tour, the first two days is random (one departure in the morning one in the afternoon) and the third and fourth rounds is consistent with my position on the board.
I think with the dynamic weather this is very important to correctly simulate a PGA tournament.

# 83 SteveW91 @ 07/07/15 05:26 AM
Does anyone know any more about the Season/Career mode? This has always been my main interest in the game but I'm not sure how we are going to have a full season with Majors on only 9 courses (11 if include the fantasy)! We already don't have qualifying for the Masters to look forward to, do you think that the other 3 Majors will be played on the same course every year?

Fed-Ex cup will be finished in only 11 events so I assume there is no playoffs? I've always enjoyed playing on the real PGA Tour courses with real sponsored events but looks like Career mode might not really be worth playing this year What do you guys think?

# 84 wheels2121 @ 07/07/15 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW91
Does anyone know any more about the Season/Career mode? This has always been my main interest in the game but I'm not sure how we are going to have a full season with Majors on only 9 courses (11 if include the fantasy)! We already don't have qualifying for the Masters to look forward to, do you think that the other 3 Majors will be played on the same course every year?

Fed-Ex cup will be finished in only 11 events so I assume there is no playoffs? I've always enjoyed playing on the real PGA Tour courses with real sponsored events but looks like Career mode might not really be worth playing this year What do you guys think?
Terrifying how little we might actually get to play of a real season. But you know, there's always war golf or whatever it is

# 85 wheels2121 @ 07/07/15 05:20 PM
weather would be great, as would correct timing and leaderboard use (as in, the guy you're tied with on Sunday is on the same hole as you, even if we can't see him)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.