Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Watch the video above, then be sure to check out Douglas' YouTube Channel, GoodGameBro. Also follow Douglas on Twitter.

OTP first launched in the NBA Live series with NBA Live 08. It was pretty bare-bones, but allowed players on 10 different consoles to play 5v5.

The mode was expanded upon in newer versions, leading up to the implementation of clubs, OTP lobbies, playing against friends, a "tryout" option that helped you build up reputation for a club's GM to see if you're worth playing with.

We eventually saw Adidas Live Run, but it was focused more around using real NBA players & having different "seasons" that lasted for a month that crowned a new squad a champion.

Though NBA Elite 11 never saw the light of day, it was taking OTP to the next level. The game was aiming to mimic NHL's EASHL with the EASBA. Elite 11 was going to use their Be A Pro mode to allow users to create a player, and then use that created player in the EASBA.

Based off of EA's marketing using the #RiseTogether hashtag & a few rumblings that I'm hearing, it looks like NBA Live 16 will feature an OTP mode of sorts, possibly doing something to take on 2K's Park mode.

EA built a solid foundation with Rising Star mode, and while it needs a lot of work on the customization & depth fronts, it's still a solid entry that serves as something they can build upon each year.

If EA goes the route of the EASBA, we could see your created players able to form squads/crews/teams, and then take on other groups. If custom jerseys are implemented, people would absolutely lose their minds.

What do you think about the possibility of EA SPORTS adding EASBA, OTP, or a Park-style mode in the game? Would that be enough for you to pre-order NBA Live 16?

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nick_sr @ 07/01/15 03:23 PM
From what I've seen on social media, a lot of are waiting for confirmation to make the switch.

As for me, I have 0 interest in this mode. Just give me my dynasty mode n I'm good.

# 2 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/01/15 03:53 PM
This is what I've been waiting for . Can't wait to hear more

# 3 redsfan4life @ 07/01/15 05:15 PM
If 2k doesn't match this I will never buy a game from them again.

# 4 k1lo5 @ 07/02/15 03:04 AM
Was just watching ipodkingcarter on youtube with his onterview with duggan of live 16. @ 5.03 comnor dougan makes comment of other game modes when your not the ball handler!!! Pumped! https://youtu.be/BFJwyTLgbwE

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

# 5 sactown_13 @ 07/02/15 01:53 PM
Well, a lot of fans have been asking the other game to put this kind of more back in. Could get a lot of users to switch with this alone

# 6 redsfan4life @ 07/02/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
you buying an NBA game for created players only? You nba fan?
No, not an NBA fan really. I watch it from time to time. But the team play (Crew) was always a lot of fun to play. When 2k brought it back it was a joke.

# 7 nick_sr @ 07/02/15 04:41 PM
I have a feeling FIBA might be coming back.

I remember Vick posting him on the cover of madden on instagram n then he was the ultimate legend on Saturday.

Pippen posted this on instagram n then ea reposted it.

# 8 Teddy_Long @ 07/02/15 04:47 PM
is the gameplay live 15?

# 9 ZoneSix @ 07/02/15 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
is the gameplay live 15?
yes it is.

# 10 Smiley79 @ 07/02/15 10:58 PM
If it is a true EASBA, I will pre-order it. It is the mode that I've been waiting for in a basketball game for years. It's the only reason I purchase NHL & FIFA. I love the OTP game modes more than the rest.

# 11 tony9 @ 07/14/15 07:45 PM
I'm not interested in anymore arcade modes such as the Park. That's getting old. There needs to be something much more than that to get me excited at all for NBA Live 16 online.

I hope EA brings out a great online team play mode this year that offers more depth to it and that is also NBA related. If they do add something along the lines of their Pro Clubs modes in NHL/FIFA to NBA Live 16 then that would definetly stand out and get me excited about what they had to offer online.

# 12 jaateloauto @ 07/14/15 07:50 PM
If NBA Live 16 has a mode similar to EASHL or FIFA Pro Clubs then I'll be definitely interested. Otherwise I'm definitely going to skip it, especially since there probably won't be a PC release.

# 13 The 24th Letter @ 07/14/15 10:13 PM
If the gameplay is on point, I'm definitely down to play this mode....

# 14 LikeGoku @ 07/22/15 10:26 PM
Park is complete trash.. me and my team mostly prefer basketball but we always just play fifa pro clubs because of how cheesy park is and the ridiculouslessness of having to wait around forever

This will definitely determine if I buy it or not. Even if the gameplay isn't as good a crew type mode is what I'm waiting for and is perfect for basketball. As long as we get a squad and a record preferably a lot of stat tracking as well and I'm sold even if the gameplay isn't up to par with 2K which we all know it probably won't be. But I'm tired of 2K year after year ready to try something new hope EA brings it

# 15 Mecca_G @ 07/23/15 09:41 AM
OTP is why I buy basketball games period. If Live came out and told me they had online leagues, association, etc. Then I would pre order in a heartbeat! They would already have my money and me as a fan.

# 16 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/23/15 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca_G
OTP is why I buy basketball games period. If Live came out and told me they had online leagues, association, etc. Then I would pre order in a heartbeat! They would already have my money and me as a fan.
You know OTP refers to 5 v 5 and everyone is player locked right ?

# 17 Mecca_G @ 07/23/15 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
You know OTP refers to 5 v 5 and everyone is player locked right ?
Well I know now so much appreciated. But hell...even that would be welcomed. Though, I am more of a league guy.

# 18 TDYRX @ 07/27/15 01:01 AM
Possible look at venue for the (unconfirmed, but come on) 5v5 OTP mode via NBALiveStreamTeam twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by @NBAStreamTeam
Look Like EA usin environment from 2013 Under Armour Elite 24 at the Tobacco Warehouse in Brooklyn New York thoughts?

Edit: Another shot for reference
Spoiler

# 19 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/27/15 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohkaynerain
Possible look at venue for the (unconfirmed, but come on) 5v5 OTP mode via NBALiveStreamTeam twitter

Edit: Another shot for reference
Spoiler
I just hope I don't have to wait 40 minutes on got next to play it

# 20 LeBron_On_Mars @ 07/27/15 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I just hope I don't have to wait 40 minutes on got next to play it

No way EA will implement a "GOT NEXT" feature into it. I just feel like it's going to be exactly like the Pro Clubs match making from FIFA.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.