Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour designer Justin Patel confirmed yesterday on the OS Forums that Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is not going to be a yearly release. This is not entirely unexpected news, but it is confirmation of that fact.

Also Patel does indicate the game will get free content updates after release as well. What that means is vague, but one would seem to think it would almost certainly mean courses and golfers being possible add-ons after the fact. Given the relatively slim amount of content available on the disk, and the pushback from fans following that reveal, this is a good bit of news.

There's also not a confirmation of what schedule, if any, any future Rory games will be released on. There has been some speculation, although currently unfounded, that Rory could eventually morph into a more subscription-based format where official golfers and courses are added and subtracted all of the time.

If you recall, EA Sports UFC released with a limited number of licensed fighters, but quickly ramped that number up with updates. It's likely that PGA Tour could be following a similar model of content releases. It's also possible that Rory will be an every other year release -- but we haven't heard official confirmation of that yet.

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is set to release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on July 14. EA Access subscribers can play the trial version on July 9 for up to 10 hours. Check out some gameplay footage here.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Br_Mac16 @ 07/03/15 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
Oh and BTW i will go that way with this thread because unlike EA, HBS has been very very clear about updates and communicating with the public. EA has said there will be free content, but nothing specific. Should someone have to really dish out 60 bucks without knowing? Especially when TGC is half the price.
-Willing to bet that if EA developers could be more transparent they would. I've seen multiple posts from devs on EA forums that it was all they could do not to scream information as EA allowed it to slowly trickle out.
I firmly believe that they are proud of what they have done and would love to show more but can't. Also, we need to wait until after release before accusing them of not supporting the title.
I may be wrong, but from everything I've seen thus far, the good far outweighs the bad.

# 22 Cubfan @ 07/03/15 04:18 AM
If EA adds 10-12 real courses over the next several months then I will pick this up down the line.

# 23 movethechains11 @ 07/08/15 12:35 AM
Can anyone tell me if the career mode has 4 majors? I know the Masters is not in the game just wondering if they compensate with something else. Have no plans on buying if the championships are not on the game. Would be like madden without the Super Bowl.

# 24 stormjr @ 07/08/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkwreck
Can anyone tell me if the career mode has 4 majors? I know the Masters is not in the game just wondering if they compensate with something else. Have no plans on buying if the championships are not on the game. Would be like madden without the Super Bowl.
Per the achievement list from here: http://www.xboxachievements.com/game.../achievements/

Quote:
Invitation Only 30
Win the EA SPORTS Spring Invitational

Open for Business 30
Win the U.S. Open

Drinking from the Jug 30
Win The Open Championship

Wanamaking History 30
Win the PGA Championship
So yes, connecting the dots says they are all there. The masters is just the "EA Sports Spring Invitational"

# 25 Chairman7w @ 07/08/15 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohle
And if TGC wasn't an ugly game with crap presentation, and was fun to play, I wouldn't need a new golf game. Is this really the conversation you want to have in this thread?
Oh yeah, sure... Looks horrible... I don't even know how people can play it. Just awful.

# 26 DivotMaker @ 07/08/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Oh yeah, sure... Looks horrible... I don't even know how people can play it. Just awful.
Might check next time as that user account has been banned......

# 27 Danimal @ 07/08/15 02:30 PM
Please keep the discussion on topic.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.