Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 team posted a new blog today detailing the improved lighting and visuals in the game. As seen in the screenshots, the improvements are very noticeable. Not only are player faces scanned, they have also scanned jerseys, shoes, socks, environments and much more.

While it's great to see more player faces in the game, the team has also added many facial expressions. Whether the player is happy, upset, excited or maybe showing off the occasional mean mug, it will be on display without the zombie look in their eyes.

The lighting system has been completely overhauled, thanks to color corrections made across the board on nearly every asset in the game. They have also improved the jersey colors, skin tones and sweat effects. More details on the improved lighting and visuals are scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks.

SOURCE - EA Sports

NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 strawberryshortcake @ 07/04/15 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
Most players wear their jersey tight or normal fit. Kobe is one of the FEW players who wear it loose or baggy. It's not that big of an issue and I rather the development team worry about this next year. They need to focus on gameplay and I haven't heard anything since E3.
Steph Curry wears his jersey tight. The "wave" effect is still present. There are multiple departments. Gameplay department. Art & graphics department. Audio department, etc. Does the art & graphics and audio etc department go on vacation when the gameplay department is and should always be fully active?

It appears that what people are "saying" is the graphics art department is doing "A" work right now (based on all the screenshots) while the gameplay department is doing "C" work (based on all the leaked videos).

EA's NHL series includes cloth physics. I was hoping I could find the video somewhere....

# 42 NoTiCe_O @ 07/04/15 06:16 PM
I think for the Jerseys they just have to get to the point where the Jerseys can actually get looser and fall out throughout the duration of the game, because that's what really causes the wave; more fabric being loose. They could even add in an animation that shows the player tucking his jersey, then it actually getting tucked in.

Then if they wanted to go over the top they could have signature Jersey sizes, Dwight Howard for example wears his jersey "extremely" tight ..

Just a thought ..

# 43 strawberryshortcake @ 07/04/15 06:47 PM
Dwight Howard is definitely someone who wears his jersey tight, but there is still the "wave" effect present. Even the Hawks' Antic wears his jersey fairly form fitting, but look at the picture to the upper right hand corner, pronounced "wave" effect.

# 44 Vic Viper @ 07/04/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Dwight Howard is definitely someone who wears his jersey tight, but there is still the "wave" effect present. Even the Hawks' Antic wears his jersey fairly form fitting, but look at the picture to the upper right hand corner, pronounced "wave" effect.

The "wave" effect is there, but not to the extent in those Kobe pics that were shown. His jersey was near his upper neck/lower chin area. lol

# 45 strawberryshortcake @ 07/04/15 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
The "wave" effect is there, but not to the extent in those Kobe pics that were shown. His jersey was near his upper neck/lower chin area. lol
Kobe is hunched over, thus the 'wave' effect is closer to his neck. Look at the photo of Dwight Howard in upper left hand corner, 'wave' effect is at the neck area. Same with LaMarcus Aldrige and Antic in the above photos. 'Wave' effect near the neck area. It all depends on the position of the body.

# 46 NoTiCe_O @ 07/04/15 07:24 PM
Quote:

Yea Dwight still has the wave effect, but I think it's mainly because his jersey becomes untucked over time while he's playing. It's usually the tightest at the beginning of the game and like after halftime or timeouts when it's freshly tucked.

If they could find some type of way to replicate the jersey loosening up overtime they'd be Golden. I've even seen times where someone like Derrick Rose's full jersey or the full back of it comes completely out. Then he fixes it.

Even movement on the shoulders is common, sometimes the neck slides to the right or left depending on their movement or momentum.

Would be nice to see, and would be really cool to see happening while you're playing. Especially after fouls and screens; then see the guy fixing it during timeouts or at the freethrow line. It would just be hard to determine how it loosens and how much but I'll leave that up to the smart guys ..

# 47 strawberryshortcake @ 07/04/15 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Yea Dwight still has the wave effect, but I think it's mainly because his jersey becomes untucked over time while he's playing. It's usually the tightest at the beginning of the game and like after halftime or timeouts when it's freshly tucked.

If they could find some type of way to replicate the jersey loosening up overtime they'd be Golden. I've even seen times where someone like Derrick Rose's full jersey or the full back of it comes completely out. Then he fixes it.

Even movement on the shoulders is common, sometimes the neck slides to the right or left depending on their movement or momentum.

Would be nice to see, and would be really cool to see happening while you're playing. Especially after fouls and screens; then see the guy fixing it during timeouts or at the freethrow line. It would just be hard to determine how it loosens and how much but I'll leave that up to the smart guys ..
Definitely. That would add a tremendous amount of graphics realism (notice I didn't say gameplay realism). Untucked jerseys every once in a while (and players playing defense and offense with untucked jerseys) would add that extra flare to the graphics.

However, I would hope it's not done to the extent of MLBtheShow where the players would have tug at their waist/belt area with their hands and there is absolutely no movement to the pants area.

Note: Someone's going to come in and say the NBA is not going to approve untucked jerseys, unfortunately.

# 48 WMoore75 @ 07/05/15 12:10 PM
Did Anyone Notice How The Clippers Uniform Is Messed Up?

Number Should Be On The Right Instead Of In The Center As Shown Here:
http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2162000/ff_2162911_xl.jpg&w=245

# 49 JBulls @ 07/05/15 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Things can change day to day, drastically. Lighting, jerseys, faces are improved from build to build. Pretty crazy process to see.
If that's the case then I hope they do something drastic about the lighting inside the stadium because it looks way too dark this year.

# 50 strawberryshortcake @ 07/05/15 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMoore75
Did Anyone Notice How The Clippers Uniform Is Messed Up?

Number Should Be On The Right Instead Of In The Center As Shown Here:
http://images.footballfanatics.com/F...1_xl.jpg&w=245
Not until you brought it up. You're right though. I guess they didn't have time to scan the uniforms in. The v-neck area should also be a solid white strip along with some type of small symbol directly above the "C".

EDIT: As corrected below, the small symbol directly above the C is only found on replica jerseys, not the official jerseys worn by the players. The v-neck area also seems to be correctly done in Live16; it's not suppose to be solid. However, where the jersey number is position does seem to be out of place.

EDIT 2: The below photograph of the jerseys are not "official" game time worn jerseys, they're replicas for sale to the general public. Thus there are differences.

https://twitter.com/CYBR_HAZARD/stat...622528/photo/1

# 51 Vic Viper @ 07/05/15 06:52 PM

The Clippers officially have the worst jerseys of all time. It's like they went to a class full of 2nd graders and had them design this. I see why DeAndre Jordan left. Lol

# 52 ZoneSix @ 07/05/15 06:55 PM
that small symbol is the adidas logo which is only used on replicas not on-court jerseys.

# 53 strawberryshortcake @ 07/05/15 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneSix
that small symbol is the adidas logo which is only used on replicas not on-court jerseys.
Looks like your right. Also disregard my comment about the v-neck area. It appears the official jerseys worn but the players don't have a solid v-neck area.

# 54 blingballa333 @ 07/05/15 08:00 PM
All this talk about the "wave effect" makes me want to go swimming.....

# 55 hesko @ 07/06/15 12:45 AM
Quote:
The wave effect is real. It happens and it would be nice if Live could incorporate it during high adrenaline sequences.

frobe did not have any tatts bro.

# 56 strawberryshortcake @ 07/06/15 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
frobe did not have any tatts bro.
I don't take notice of players tatoos much unless someone brings it up, you are probably correct. Anyways, we we're talking about the 'wave' effect.

P.S. Also would appreciate it if you (or the internet in general) didn't use the word "bro." Could have simply said frobe did not have any tatts. Thanks.

# 57 kobe2theMAX @ 07/06/15 08:02 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 58 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/06/15 12:15 PM
I hope the game looks this good in broadcast gameplay . Idk why but in a 5 V 5 full court view it's like the graphics downgrade ...

# 59 hesko @ 07/10/15 10:59 AM
Quote:
I don't take notice of players tatoos much unless someone brings it up, you are probably correct. Anyways, we we're talking about the 'wave' effect.

P.S. Also would appreciate it if you (or the internet in general) didn't use the word "bro." Could have simply said frobe did not have any tatts. Thanks.
sorry bout that sis. im well aware of what we were talking about. the wave effect is a little exaggerated in 2k.

# 60 strawberryshortcake @ 07/10/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
sorry bout that sis. im well aware of what we were talking about. the wave effect is a little exaggerated in 2k.
Not from what I can see in video gameplay footage, exaggeration is not present.

I'm going to send you a PM and continue this "wave effect" discussion question regarding the "wave effect & 2k" because it's apparently not appropriate to veer this thread off track. I would rather post this openly in an appropriate subforum section so others could chime in but not sure what section is allowed for 2k and live and real life comparisons. The "other basketball game" has only three threads.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.