Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Rory McIlroy PGA Tour download on EA Access is now available. You will have 10 hours of gameplay time before the game 'locks', forcing you to buy the full version.

Be sure to post your impressions of the game, and share your videos and screenshots!

For those of you not getting the game tonight, Chase Becotte is capturing footage for Operation Sports. Let him know in this thread if there's something in particular you want to see! You should start to see videos on the site tomorrow.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 41 cdawg44 @ 07/08/15 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Can someone look at the Tour Mode calendar/schedule or whatever they are using this year. Are there only 8 events or are there more events than that and we just repeat courses?

Also, I can't remember how Tiger Woods worked, will DLC Courses be used in Tour Mode or only the ones that come originally with the game?

Thanks

2nd for this please!!

# 42 Dazraz @ 07/08/15 06:44 PM
As stated earlier in this thread, EA haven't changed the Gameplay to any great degree so it stands to reason that seasoned players will be posting good scores. If you're used to competing on the hardest difficulty on previous versions then you'll likely be a solid player on this version. It seems some people want to play an initial round of 20 Over Par to convince themselves this game is realistic!!! If you're good at the game, you're good at the game. I'm sure Rory doesn't start a new season thinking I need to score badly in my 1st competition to know it's going to be a competitive year.

# 43 sbauer318 @ 07/08/15 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Well, to be fair, I haven't played a TW/PGA game since about 2010 and I bet I could pick up this game, play on Tour mode and shoot no worse than a +5. Once you've played one of these EA golf games you can pretty much pick any of them up and do fairly well. Especially after a brief tutorial as a refresher.

I wouldn't get down in the dumps without playing the game first and seeing for yourself about the difficulty. What is easy for someone isn't so easy for someone else.
I'm downloading it now. I haven't played an EA PGA game in a long time so we'll see

# 44 pietasterp @ 07/08/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane
EA Tim has said that he thinks "3 Click" is harder than "Tour" - Crazy weird if true
Victory for the 3-click holdouts!!!!

# 45 orhymes @ 07/08/15 07:07 PM
Anyone know if you can have 2 players local and still play online with someone else? If so how? I downloaded the game but don't seem to see that option.

# 46 sroz39 @ 07/08/15 07:18 PM
Just saw on someone's stream that you can customize the swing difficulty and by default on Tour difficulty, the swing difficulty is set to 'normal'. If that makes any sense.

So again, good news for offline, but I really hope they crank up the difficulty of the Tour mode swing online soon after release.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 47 joshtree14 @ 07/08/15 07:20 PM
When you putt, the ball comes of the club like a canon. There seems to be no touch like tgc

# 48 BagMan @ 07/08/15 07:23 PM
My first round was +7 at Sawgrass with Martin Kymer.

Overall, I like the game.
Graphics, announcing, penal rough, ball drop are all good

I like the pro camera, but I can't see the ball in the air.

Heard a Baba Booey as I started my career on the Web.com tour. Lol

# 49 brandon27 @ 07/08/15 07:27 PM
Damn!! I wish I saw this earlier. I was busy at work today. Then after work I hit up Golftown to check out some new Irons. Ended up buying a new set of Taylormade irons, came home, yanked off all the stickers and polished them up and put them into the bag.

Wish I had known this was up early, I woudl have started the download. I don't think I'll get to check it out tonight now, damn slow internet!

# 50 OnlookerDelay @ 07/08/15 07:28 PM
I've been home from work for 45 minutes and I'm downloading now... the early reports are pretty depressing overall. I'm still going to give it a full go. Any estimates on the XBox One version's resolution and frame rates yet?

# 51 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/08/15 07:35 PM
I think those that played the golf club need to not compare this game to that, even the awesome tiger woods 14 is nothing like the golf club.

# 52 jbd345 @ 07/08/15 07:44 PM
Can you play a round with no commentators and gallery? That's one thing I enjoyed about tw14 and TGC it's just you and the course. I love the golf channel integration but hoping there's a no tv style or tournament presentation too.

# 53 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/08/15 07:45 PM
So what exactly is the Frostbite engine supposed to do for this game again?

# 54 Klocker @ 07/08/15 07:47 PM
Anyone else getting a hitch delay on putting follow through? Its stutters.
Makes putting feel out of my control

also is there anywhere to turn off the green/red feedback meter? Have not found where to turn it off yet

Edit: wait what??? No weather settings in play now games? Just morning noon or evening? Is there no rain or cloud setting?

# 55 turbineseaplane @ 07/08/15 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Anyone else getting a hitch delay on putting follow through? Its stutters.
Makes putting feel out of my control

also is there anywhere to turn off the green/red feedback meter? Have not found where to turn it off yet

Edit: wait what??? No weather settings in play now games? Just morning noon or evening? Is there no rain or cloud setting?
....hmmm

That sounds strangely familiar...

# 56 Klocker @ 07/08/15 08:02 PM
Beautiful game and the full swing mechanic and all main swings are executed very well with tour mode advanced using length of backswing and speed of follow through to determine your shop distance... but the putting...

my god it's like it is a different game. You can not even take the putter back past what the predetermined distance marker is set for. It's not intuitive at all. like an easy mode for putting.. TGC does putting much more organically.

And that stupid green ball always trying to tell me how to swing, please go away and let me watch my golfers swing only

# 57 CavsFanSteve @ 07/08/15 08:15 PM
I enjoyed the game. Played a few rounds. It's not perfect, nor is it terrible either. I actually didn't mind fantasy courses. They bring a new dynamic to the game. Obviously I'd rather play real courses. Game looks great. My real gripe is with the swinging. I've only tried Tour difficulty with the left stick swing meter and even when I hit it left or right, the ball didn't move much that way. I'll try the 3 click meter and see if that is better for accuracy. It's no fun hitting a terrible shot and see it dead center of the fairway. I really hope Augusta somehow makes it into the game, even though it probably won't. Haven't tried the Tour Pro career mode yet. Not the perfect game, but for the first EA Sports iteration of the game on the new generation of consoles, it's not that bad. I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

# 58 DivotMaker @ 07/08/15 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I've been home from work for 45 minutes and I'm downloading now... the early reports are pretty depressing overall. I'm still going to give it a full go. Any estimates on the XBox One version's resolution and frame rates yet?
Anything but depressed here....still way too early to determine anything....and the game is drop dead gorgeous on Xbox. frame rates are buttery smooth here.

# 59 DivotMaker @ 07/08/15 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Beautiful game and the full swing mechanic and all main swings are executed very well with tour mode advanced using length of backswing and speed of follow through to determine your shop distance... but the putting...

my god it's like it is a different game. You can not even take the putter back past what the predetermined distance marker is set for. It's not intuitive at all. like an easy mode for putting.. TGC does putting much more organically.

And that stupid green ball always trying to tell me how to swing, please go away and let me watch my golfers swing only
Yes, but I think that is because the putter is 171 ft at its longest, so we have to have backswings that match the distance we need to putt....and you do not need to fill the green ball up to hit a putt the proper distance is what I am finding. filling it up is overswing, the circle inside is perfect so far........so different than previous Tiger putting engines...

Other impressions:

I am not seeing that Tour mode is so easy since I have been playing strictly Career Mode with a new CAG. Yes, it is easy to hit straight, but tempo plays a HUGE role in the shot results.

So far in Career, I have only played 4-5 holes of each round (4) of the Web.com tour event (1) and the first PGA TOUR event after earning my TOUR card is the same at the Bioware Classic. Please tell me this is not how Career Mode is throughout.....

# 60 OnlookerDelay @ 07/08/15 08:43 PM
I played two holes while the game is still downloading in arcade mode on Chambers Bay... it felt way too automated for me, and honestly, looked a bit "grainy" and the lighting was really bright. I quit after two holes because I thought the continuing download in the background was dragging it down. I'm at 94% now, so I'll give it an honest Tour mode try here in a bit. I'm a bit worried about the graininess of the graphics I've seen so far though. I'd say it's at best 900p, but the sun was so bright at Chambers Bay it was washing everything out.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.