Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Rory McIlroy PGA Tour download on EA Access is now available. You will have 10 hours of gameplay time before the game 'locks', forcing you to buy the full version.

Be sure to post your impressions of the game, and share your videos and screenshots!

For those of you not getting the game tonight, Chase Becotte is capturing footage for Operation Sports. Let him know in this thread if there's something in particular you want to see! You should start to see videos on the site tomorrow.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Dos_Santos @ 07/09/15 10:44 AM
Ea access is clutch and saved me 47.99.

Presentation is awesome and everything else is incomplete or terrible.

A really strange product.

# 162 OnlookerDelay @ 07/09/15 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Can anyone speak on this?
Or 9 if you do the pre-order and get Scottsdale. You'll get Scottsdale free in September otherwise. Two of the so-called fantasy courses are pretty realistic though. Lighthouse Point and especially The Wetlands, are courses I wouldn't mind playing again and again. I just hope that over time, EA Sports will enhance and tweak this game to make me want to play the included courses and the ones they will be adding. Right now, I'm not exactly stoked about the gameplay, and in some areas, the presentation.

# 163 brandon27 @ 07/09/15 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
The "graininess" to me is the fact that the fairways and greens actually have grass textures that are 3D instead of being green carpets like in previous version. Look at the grass around your golfer in the lowest camera to the ground and you will see what I mean, I think.....
I assumed that to be the case myself, and that's probably it.

I'm sure it's also something I will get used to and not notice after a few rounds too.

All in all. I thought sawgrass looked fantastic

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 164 DivotMaker @ 07/09/15 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Early impressions for me are that it's the same dang game they've been putting out for years. With few exceptions, it's the same mechanics, same flow, same angles, same power-swing slo-mo, same cut scenes, same camera, same courses, and somehow, somehow, they even managed to take a step back in some areas (golfer creation, putting, number of golfers, number of courses). Just baffling.

The graphics look nice, it plays faster, and the announcing is good (although glitchy, I've noticed a few times), I'll give it that.

I said this in another thread, I don't know much about programming, but to say this is written from scratch seems awfully thin to me. It's JUST like every other Tiger game.
Gotta disagree to most of what you stated with the exception being the lack of Gameface, courses, and Golfers. Plays very different than past Tiger games, especially in Tour and Custom Tour with all aids off.

Sorry you keep beating the drum about building this up from scratch, but I'll simply agree to disagree since I know it was built scratch from the ground up,. If it weren't, we would have far more features from TW14 in RM that they would have been STUPID to leave out of the game, GameFace being the most obvious.

# 165 mike24forever @ 07/09/15 10:51 AM
I'm heading out to play 18 this afternoon, but maybe some guys want to get together for a foursome together and play a few rounds tonight on the Xbox One. I'm down for some 3 Click Golf Tour Difficulty or just analog swing golf tonight.

# 166 DivotMaker @ 07/09/15 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alangst
And back to TGC....have they implemented there $10 season mode download yet? I've actually been playing lots of real golf, so i've been off of the TGCtours for awhile.

Yes they have and it needs a patch already as it has a crash bug that stops any progress. Not to mention it is relatively short and really only challenging to newcomers. Waste of $10 IMO, but I was glad to get the new themes and wanted to continue to contribute to TGC even though I have purchased all three versions as well as both console DLC's.

I think EA will support this title in a similar fashion, but the dearth of courses needs to be addressed sooner than later IMO.

# 167 Panicshade @ 07/09/15 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I'm heading out to play 18 this afternoon, but maybe some guys want to get together for a foursome together and play a few rounds tonight on the Xbox One. I'm down for some 3 Click Golf Tour Difficulty or just analog swing golf tonight.
I'm interested in playing some rounds...just have to know a time to start because some nights I can't do anything until late

so I'm a "maybe" right now...lol

# 168 ML @ 07/09/15 11:11 AM
Saw on a stream that when you max your power it goes to this cut scene and the ball seems to be on fire off the tee. Looked rather silly to me lol. What do you all think? (sorry if this has been posted)

# 169 rickypro @ 07/09/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
This is what you get when a certain amount of people will complain when it's too hard. I was afraid of this.
Agreed. Way too easy even on the hard settings and putting is horrible. 100 foot putt and the putter head comes back 6 inches??? Way too easy to get putt distance correct. No feel at all.

# 170 Beelzebot44 @ 07/09/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Agree 100%...

However, facial hair is there, you have to go through all of the options to find it.
Where is it? The only place I found any facial hair added is when I changed the skin tone to a much darker color it added some stubble to the face. I hope I just missed it somewhere.

# 171 DivotMaker @ 07/09/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
Saw on a stream that when you max your power it goes to this cut scene and the ball seems to be on fire off the tee. Looked rather silly to me lol. What do you all think? (sorry if this has been posted)
Only on Arcade mode.

# 172 DivotMaker @ 07/09/15 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebot44
Where is it? The only place I found any facial hair added is when I changed the skin tone to a much darker color it added some stubble to the face. I hope I just missed it somewhere.
Maybe that was it? Only having 10 hours with the game makes it easy to miss details like that.....

# 173 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/09/15 11:31 AM
This is really taking a step back from IMO. The create a golfer is really generic. Changing the skin tone changes the facial hair it seems, odd.

I was on the fence anyway, but EA access may have saved me some money. Seems like they went the NHL route, maybe PGA Tour 17 will be a full featured game.

# 174 turbineseaplane @ 07/09/15 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
This is really taking a step back from IMO. The create a golfer is really generic. Changing the skin tone changes the facial hair it seems, odd.

I was on the fence anyway, but EA access may have saved me some money. Seems like they went the NHL route, maybe PGA Tour 17 will be a full featured game.
Sadly - That was my conclusion this morning also (wanted to cancel before Amazon started the "preparing for shipment" routine for 3 days to get you locked in)..

Might pick it up used sometime if they actually patch it, but with EA, I'm in a *serious* wait and see mode with this whole "release once & we'll update it - just trust us" situation.

Sadly EA doesn't have a reputation that leads you to believe stuff like that...

# 175 maltliquor23 @ 07/09/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32

EA has already stated this will not be an annual release.

# 176 Chairman7w @ 07/09/15 11:40 AM
(nodding) Yeah, that's a really good point, fair enough. But you can't argue about the sameness of all the processes, cut scenes, cameras, effects, etc. It just seems so weird to me that they rewrote the game from scratch, and decided to make it JUST LIKE previous games in so many ways. But I'll take your word for it, all good.

Quote:

Sorry you keep beating the drum about building this up from scratch, but I'll simply agree to disagree since I know it was built scratch from the ground up,. If it weren't, we would have far more features from TW14 in RM that they would have been STUPID to leave out of the game, GameFace being the most obvious.

# 177 turbineseaplane @ 07/09/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23
EA has already stated this will not be an annual release.
Yes - But they also have very deliberately avoided telling us any details at all about what & when might ever get changed....

"Not Annual" could just mean "this is the core game" and we'll keep pumping out DLC for the next 18 months, but it definitely doesn't mean they necessarily will change anything much about how the currently released game plays. :-(

# 178 turbineseaplane @ 07/09/15 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
(nodding) Yeah, that's a really good point, fair enough. But you can't argue about the sameness of all the processes, cut scenes, cameras, effects, etc. It just seems so weird to me that they rewrote the game from scratch, and decided to make it JUST LIKE previous games in so many ways. But I'll take your word for it, all good.
Yep - And a step back in many eyes in terms of where the challenge and difficulty was at in TW14 Sim mode. I was hoping for the next generation of that mode in particular as it was some of my favorite virtual golf EVER on any game or platform.

# 179 maltliquor23 @ 07/09/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane
Yes - But they also have very deliberately avoided telling us any details at all about what & when might ever get changed....

"Not Annual" could just mean "this is the core game" and we'll keep pumping out DLC for the next 18 months, but it definitely doesn't mean they necessarily will change anything much about how the currently released game plays. :-(
The quote i linked stated

"maybe PGA Tour 17 will be a full featured game"

I was only advising that this is not an annual release. But please continue to read more into my statements beyond what i said.

# 180 Chairman7w @ 07/09/15 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane
Yep - And a step back in many eyes in terms of where the challenge and difficulty was at in TW14 Sim mode. I was hoping for the next generation of that mode in particular as it was some of my favorite virtual golf EVER on any game or platform.
I love TW14, the only thing keeping me from playing more often is the load times. But I still play it, for sure. I got all the DLC courses, and I really enjoy it.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.