Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K today announced DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier have combined forces to curate the largest soundtrack in NBA 2K history for NBA 2K16. Each producer created two new tracks exclusively for NBA 2K16 in addition to each curating one of the game’s six in-game playlists.

With more than 50 tracks spanning a diverse mix of genres, NBA 2K16’s soundtrack is by far the biggest yet.

Read the full press release below.

Trio of Award-Winning Producers Bring the Beat to NBA® 2K16 Soundtrack

DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier collaborate to create biggest soundtrack in NBA 2K history, including six new exclusive tracks

2K today announced that NBA 2K16, the newest iteration of the top-rated video game simulation series for the last 15 years*, will feature the most extensive soundtrack in NBA 2K history with three genre-defining collaborators at the helm - legendary hip-hop producer DJ Premier, renowned producer DJ Khaled, and super-producer DJ Mustard. As one of the most successful entertainment properties of the last decade, NBA 2K16’s partnership brings together their unique creative direction in curating more than 50 tracks and contributing a total of six new exclusive tracks to this year’s title.
  • “I am excited to be a part of the ongoing series of NBA 2K. As a sports fan, it was already fun before the work began. NBA 2K16 will be another big hit, especially alongside DJ Mustard and DJ Khaled bringing our different musical styles to the game.” - DJ Premier
  • “I am honored to collaborate with NBA 2K, which is such a distinguished brand and one of my favorite video games. Basketball and music are two of my favorite things, and I'm excited to light up the soundtrack with my signature sound. Expect the hottest tracks and of course hit music when you press the start button on NBA 2K16! We The Best! Who?!!! NBA 2K16 that's who!!!!” – DJ Khaled
  • “It’s an honor and a blessing to be part of the NBA 2K musical family alongside legends like Pharrell, Jay Z, DJ Premier and DJ Khaled.” - DJ Mustard
NBA 2K16’s soundtrack will be comprised of six in-game playlists, including three lists individually curated by each producer, an international “Around the World” playlist, the 2K Classics Mixtape featuring fan favorites from previous 2K titles, and a master playlist that includes all 50 tracks from this year’s selection. The expansive music library spans a wide range of genres, including hip-hop, electronic, pop, rock and alternative, from throwback tracks from the ‘70s through today’s Top 40, including The Ramones’ “Blitzkrieg Bop,” Nas’ “Represent,” and Zedd’s “I Want You to Know” featuring Selena Gomez.

Gamers will also have the opportunity to listen to all-new instrumental tracks created by each producer, which will be available in-game at various points during the MyPLAYER and MyGM experiences.

“As we continue to identify ways to elevate the NBA 2K franchise for our fans, we wanted to give them more options and choices than ever before with this year’s soundtrack,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. “By bringing these influential producers onboard, fans will be able to experience in-game music in unique, customizable ways.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses ahead of the game’s September 29 release date. While game covers will be distributed at random, each game box includes a foldable insert with all 3 individual cover athletes, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of their choice into the front of box.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rudeworld @ 07/09/15 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Never heard of them.
You must be deaf... "all I do is win" plays everywhere... and I would bet all the money in my bank account that it's in NBA2K16.

# 22 jayman504 @ 07/09/15 10:54 AM
Dear gwad...if I start hearing "we the best" all night long....lmao. Looks like I'll be un-selecting a few boxes from the playlist..

# 23 Cowboy008 @ 07/09/15 11:01 AM
That's cool I guess. Don't really care about the soundtrack.

# 24 Poke @ 07/09/15 11:15 AM
Sounds great to me. For those who don't like it or prefer custom soundtracks just use the media app built in the PS4 and listen to your own tunes.

# 25 Ownal0t @ 07/09/15 11:23 AM
The one Khalid hit I'm hoping is in the game as a menu song is we taking over, but the instrumental version.

# 26 snc237 @ 07/09/15 11:25 AM
Well I never complain about a larger soundtrack. Better then having 4 songs on loop

# 27 KingTocco @ 07/09/15 11:29 AM
Finally something good, the last few have been bad.

And let's be honest, the NBA soundtracks should be mostly hip-hop, love that Premo is on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 28 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/09/15 11:36 AM
I'll never get why people are interested or get so mad about X artists and X tracks being featured or not being featured in s video game.

Am I the only person who doesn't allow others to control their music? I've never played a sports game without my headphones in my iPhone

# 29 Hustle Westbrook @ 07/09/15 11:37 AM
Nice

That's a lot of songs though! I don't know I might go with the 2K classics' playlist because they've had some great songs on their soundtracks in the past.

It says they're fan favorites so I wonder if we'll be able to vote for them?

# 30 coolcras7 @ 07/09/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
To be fair, the OA people have a right to be upset.
What exactly do they have the right to be upset about, to come to a thread that has nothing to do with OA and complain, they only right to be upset when news about OA is released and its not to their liking.

# 31 YungGun @ 07/09/15 11:43 AM
That's a lot of damn music!

# 32 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Incredible rite, all those statistics they have but can't get an OA working properly for 3 years!!
Props.

Dont get banned. Stay on topic. This thread is about music not online association.

# 33 King_B_Mack @ 07/09/15 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
I just feel like 2K lined up 3 known DJ's for 2K16 just because the game has 3 main regular edition cover athletes. This just seems like something they'd do to keep everyone distracted. Or "TRY" to keep their competition irrelevant to their community.
Or it just falls in line with what they've been doing with their soundtracks for the past few years.

We've had three cover athletes for this game three times now and NOW they lined up 3 known DJ's for that reason? Come on man. When you have Jay-Z and Pharrell put together your soundtrack in consecutive years how do you top that? By getting 3 of the hottest producers in the game and getting them to do the soundtrack. Nothing more, nothing less. You guys need to stop this 2K is wasting their time worrying about other games stuff. Other games are out here barely breaking 800,000 copies sold and yet the juggernaut moving 6 million units is coming up with ways to combat them. This has to stop.

# 34 Ownal0t @ 07/09/15 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
What exactly do they have the right to be upset about, to come to a thread that has nothing to do with OA and complain, they only right to be upset when news about OA is released and its not to their liking.
Idk. Maybe the fact that 2k rather talk about soundtracks than a mode that works better on 2k13 last Gen than the current game this year.

They been ignored for the whole year except for that 1 twitter blow up. And after finally making a league , I feel their pain. Maybe that's why they are voicing their outrage

# 35 iLLWiLL @ 07/09/15 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Annnnnnnd soundtrack complaints incoming in 3....2.....1......

Looks like I'll only be enabling the DJ Premier produced/selected tracks G.O.A.T. Couldn't care less about the other two.

# 36 JerzeyReign @ 07/09/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
according to 2k research, more people listen to the complete soundtrack than play in Online association

# 37 Goffs @ 07/09/15 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
Idk. Maybe the fact that 2k rather talk about soundtracks than a mode that works better on 2k13 last Gen than the current game this year.

They been ignored for the whole year except for that 1 twitter blow up. And after finally making a league , I feel their pain. Maybe that's why they are voicing their outrage
Yeah...lets derail every announcement threads about online, crew and online association. We go through this every year and I still find it funny that people still want to push the mods to their limits. Oh well hope you guys enjoyed your stay here at OS.

# 38 King_B_Mack @ 07/09/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
My point is tho this is the first time 2K has done this with their soundtrack for one game. A game that has 3 different main cover athletes and a MJ special cover edition. Those two marketing schemes have never been done together in one year. Plus them marketing and adding Spike Lee then now 3 DJ's into the mix. Seems to me like they are putting all their eggs into one basket for this years game! Hopefully this doesn't mean we won't have or see NBA2K in the years to come!

# 39 cima @ 07/09/15 01:06 PM
We Takin Over please! 8 years later and that song is still my favorite summer jam of all time.

# 40 3mir @ 07/09/15 01:09 PM
Dope! finally

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.