Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/09/15 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Not to worry... the EA Trax play in the front end menus. This is in addition to smaller clips from the trax used in game over the stadium PA which is also featured in Skills Trainer/Practice Modes.

I absolutely LOVE this soundtrack guys. Been jamming it for over a month now and I think it is easily the best sound track Madden has ever had. I think you are going to love it.
Were the Eagles a banned team in the Alpha? I haven't seen ONE clip of the actual Eagles Squad. Also, does the on-screen stat buvble graphic pop up after every play, or only after milestones 100 yards rushing, 1 int, 10 tackles etc. Also, does that bubble calculate entire season worth of stats, or just the individual game?

# 102 Hova57 @ 07/09/15 07:40 PM
I just hope the scores and down and distance doesn't disappear like last year

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 103 l8knight1 @ 07/09/15 07:57 PM
I actually hope they didn't shelf a lot of presentation aspects from 15 and replace with all of this. Hope it's improved, additional and well integrated with what they had. I'm always a fan of better replays. What about the highlight reel they mention on their page? Hard to have an opinion without seeing it in motion, but I'm against the no ticker, and uncustomized sideline players. Refs actually throwing flags and being in replays would be awesome, and I was hoping an easy add. Oh well.

# 104 hawley088 @ 07/09/15 07:58 PM
do steeler fans bring their rally towels to away games? Notice all the rally towels in the bengals stadium?

# 105 Don Jon @ 07/09/15 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
You are right, but that really doesnt excuse it.

I mean, say what you want about half time show and weekly wrap up not being in it.....but in game score ticker? Can it really at all be justified that a feature that was in freaking Madden 95 not be in the game today? I mean...its completely mind boggling how this simple feature is nowhere to be found in any recent Madden...and seemingly 16 as well.
Oh you are correct, definitely no excuse. I was just trying to look at things from a developer side since I'm usually the one bashing madden. EA has to show a lot more to justify a purchase this year. This game went from a must buy on release day to a 'wait and see' game.

# 106 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/15 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Crowd looks really good.

But, the lighting still looks bad. Dome games look way too dark, as usual. And outdoor games in the sun is way too shadow-heavy. Ease up on the shading on the players.
The lighting looks great at night and indoors, you'll have to play it or see more footage to see what I mean. Cowboys stadium at night looks incredible, everything is super bright.

# 107 kehlis @ 07/09/15 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
do steeler fans bring their rally towels to away games? Notice all the rally towels in the bengals stadium?
Call it a rally towel to a Steeler fan. I dare you

# 108 hawley088 @ 07/09/15 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
as an eagles fan Ill say anything to anybody

# 109 l8knight1 @ 07/09/15 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The lighting looks great at night and indoors, you'll have to play it or see more footage to see what I mean. Cowboys stadium at night looks incredible, everything is super bright.
I like the current outdoor lighting now.

# 110 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/15 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
Yes, this was at Atlanta

# 111 Hova57 @ 07/09/15 08:08 PM
Quote:
Its called a terrible towel first off. I live hear u must know first before u live there longer than a week,also yes not only away games barbecues, first communion, pirate games penguin games people get buried with them. Its serious out here.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 112 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/15 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I like the current outdoor lighting now.
They didn't change, or remove rather, anything about the lighting, only improved it.

# 113 Hassan Darkside @ 07/09/15 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its true. Neither the PS4 or Xbox 1 allow ingame custom sounds at this point.
I don't wanna dwell on this point but I'm just saying that Live 16 will have you scanning your face in the game with a cellphone. I think if stadium sounds was a big enough priority they could figure it out. It doesn't have to involve ripping CDs to your hdd. We have that article up about innovation becoming a thing of the past for sports games. One thing for sure is that innovation doesn't start by taking no for an answer.

# 114 berad88 @ 07/09/15 08:18 PM
Presentation is just as important as game play to me and I really like what EA is doing with both. I am very excited to play this.

# 115 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/15 08:20 PM
Quote:
He asking about in the game, not in real life.
I thought he was talking about the screenshot where it shows Steelers fans waving terrible towels in Cincy.

# 116 ODogg @ 07/09/15 08:22 PM
It all sounds pretty good to me actually but I wish they'd elaborated a bit more about stats overlays. They really need to figure out a way that the user doesn't hit the main button and skip them. Why not just assign it to another button or have it in a specific place on the screen where it doesn't ever get skipped.

It's quite aggravating to think "wow such and such is having a killer day.." And a stats overlay pops up right about that time and you just hit the x button to get to the playful screen and skip the very overlay that you wanted to see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 117 kehlis @ 07/09/15 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I thought he was talking about the screenshot where it shows Steelers fans waving terrible towels in Cincy.
That's my bad then, missed that screen.

That's pretty cool.

# 118 mjavon @ 07/09/15 08:33 PM
These all sound like good additions, would have loved some video, but oh well. Disappointed there's no score ticker or studio updates, but it's a step in the right direction.

Hopefully the crowd reactions adjust throughout the game so they don't cheer just as loudly in a blowout as in a late-game thriller.

# 119 poulka @ 07/09/15 08:35 PM
Some decent additions, but nothing overly exciting. I'm growing really tired of mediocre madden. Some mentioned console limitation. I'm really tired of that poor excuse. Let's not open that can of worms I have seen games early in these console lives that are pushing these consoles and have moving parts then madden. I want dynamic weather, team specific pro bowl helmets. Gameplay i will hold off on until I see later game builds and footage. This is the nfl and the show has more aesthetic details that madden. Football has two unique combinations movement and some pretty moments. These are details of equipment, uniforms, and degradation of fields and uniforms. I also reserve comments on commentary as well. I don't weekly show like from nfl2k, but I want to see stories from injuries, weather, and what teams should accomplish.

# 120 berad88 @ 07/09/15 08:36 PM
This may sound stupid but I want to see these female fans just because the Madden art team has always been horrible at creating females. In the past they have made some of the most horrid looking cheerleaders ever seen. Maybe since there is no NCAA they added some of the NCAA art guys to do the art work. They were way better at making females.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.