Home
The Golf Club News Post

It looks like The Golf Club's July update is dropping today as announced on The Golf Club Forums. The PS4 update is actually launching before the XB1 and PC update, which is a rare occurrence. We'll update when both the XB1 and PC versions are available, as no timetable has been set for the July update on those platforms!

UPDATE: The update is available now for PlayStation 4, weighing in at 2GB.

Quote:
"As Sony have passed both European and North American versions of the July update, I'm going to release them now.
As you guys had to wait longer for the DLC than the Xbox owners, it's only fair
Below is a list of the fixes, improvements, etc

NEW FEATURES
* Highland Theme
* New Flags to choose from in Greg Norman Course Designer
* Ability to favourite replays and watch later
* Choice between Metric and imperial measurements
* Heavy Rough slider
* Stableford Tournaments
* New Backdrops for themes
* New Trees
* Added separate green and fairway firmness sliders
* Adjustable Cart Path widths
* Advanced Search Filter on Course list
* Sliders to reduce randomly generated objects like Rocks
* Some new global plants
* Distance Tool (Measuring Tape)

IMPROVEMENTS
* rain on water splash effect
* Small Optimisations
* Better colliders on stones and rocks
* Drop Ball Improvements
* Tournament Wind improvements (So that directions is also taken into account

BUG FIXES
* Over 150 including
* Flag Marker overlapping the wind marker
* HUD Overlapping
* Ghost Ball Wind issues"
We'll have a review of the new update next week!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 21 AnthonyKyne @ 07/10/15 04:09 PM
I'm going to take a look at this now and get back to you.
I've been playing a lot of PS4 in the last week and haven't seen it though.
I'll get back to you

thanks
Anthony

# 22 AnthonyKyne @ 07/10/15 04:11 PM
What courses are you guys playing on?

# 23 Jambomakaveli @ 07/10/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
I'm going to take a look at this now and get back to you.
I've been playing a lot of PS4 in the last week and haven't seen it though.
I'll get back to you

thanks
Anthony

Am I being completely stupid here....

When you say you've been playing it on ps4 all week, is that with the update applied? Or do you only just get the update now on ps4 like the rest of us?

As for courses it's happening on....

It was happening constantly on royal balwearie tour setup

# 24 AnthonyKyne @ 07/10/15 04:35 PM
Update applied

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 25 AnthonyKyne @ 07/10/15 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Hey Anthony,

Thanks for all of the updates and consistent tuning you guys provide. It's really refreshing. However, can I aks why when I pull back on the left stick, the golf club will go back a couple inches and I can't move it any further? In order to swing I have to pull the stick left and roll it down and then golf club will go back like normal. It's honestly impossible to even have the chance of hitting a straight shot. I understand the not getting 100% power every time, but I do not understand why when I pull back on the stick I check swing with the golf club every single time. It's really ruining my experience.
How slow are you pulling back?
I can get this to happen if I pulling back really slowly but it's fine when I pull back at a reasonable pace

# 26 MillardMavs @ 07/10/15 05:14 PM
happens on every course I play on as well as every swing I do.

# 27 bwiggy33 @ 07/10/15 05:26 PM
Quote:
How slow are you pulling back?
I can get this to happen if I pulling back really slowly but it's fine when I pull back at a reasonable pace
Everything seems to be good now. I can pull back at any pace and it will work. When I had the issue I couldn't pull back at all. Not sure what happened but I turned off my PS4 for a couple hours and reattempted and everything is back to normal. It's just strange because I tried rebooting my PS4 when I noticed the issue and it still occurred. Nonetheless it is all good now. I will report back if it comes back. Thanks Anthony for all the help!

FWIW my issue occurred on 3 different courses, and this also included the tournament that I attempted to continue that was in round 3. Seems like a solid reboot may do the trick to fixing the problem though.

# 28 Klocker @ 07/10/15 05:28 PM
can someone tell me on Xbox where can I find a course that has rain or clouds?

# 29 speedtrucker @ 07/10/15 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Sounds just like TGC from tee to green....why is that a bad thing in another game? Neither one is as challenging as they need to be off the tee and on approach shots.....
not so much in shot shaping, although the default shot path makes it cake along with the landing spot. I'm speaking more to the RPG aspect where you can take a player and up his stats with skill xp, clubs and balls to the point where a designed course hazard is completely out of the picture. meaning if I design my course with a hazard at 300 meters, it will be in play for nearly everyone barring high winds at your back. that isn't the case for EA PGA as out of the box, I have mid-flight spin control, can up my stats and clubs to the point where my 5W can fly a 300 meter hazard.(or something close to that example)

"out of the box" EA PGA is nearly as arcade as golden tee, I will need to crank up the difficulty but that doesn't change the fact that the RPG aspect makes these 12 courses a little bit meh as they are more for "looks and 'hey I'm playing Bayhill!'" rather than actually trying to beat the course.

anyways, this has gotten a bit off topic.

# 30 Jambomakaveli @ 07/10/15 05:56 PM
I'm no longer getting the twitch 2 inch pull back glitch.

I think it's definitely caused by updating then playing without a reset.

I had it earlier, turned off, now a few hours later I've turned it back on and it's fine.

# 31 LingeringRegime @ 07/10/15 06:00 PM
Yeah, this game deserves more of my time this weekend. Best golf game out.

# 32 DivotMaker @ 07/10/15 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
not so much in shot shaping, although the default shot path makes it cake along with the landing spot. I'm speaking more to the RPG aspect where you can take a player and up his stats with skill xp, clubs and balls to the point where a designed course hazard is completely out of the picture. meaning if I design my course with a hazard at 300 meters, it will be in play for nearly everyone barring high winds at your back. that isn't the case for EA PGA as out of the box, I have mid-flight spin control, can up my stats and clubs to the point where my 5W can fly a 300 meter hazard.(or something close to that example)

"out of the box" EA PGA is nearly as arcade as golden tee, I will need to crank up the difficulty but that doesn't change the fact that the RPG aspect makes these 12 courses a little bit meh as they are more for "looks and 'hey I'm playing Bayhill!'" rather than actually trying to beat the course.

anyways, this has gotten a bit off topic.
Disagree with the "out of the box arcade" comment completely. Spending one or two minutes can provide a great challenge in Tour Custom, something you CAN'T do in TGC.

Agree need to get back on topic....

# 33 sbauer318 @ 07/10/15 06:59 PM
Just picked up this game for XB1 yesterday. After playing one round, I purchased the Collectors Edition upgrade. Game just feels great. Now I just need to get better.

# 34 Lieutenant Dan @ 07/11/15 11:35 AM
Hey Anthony! Great work on the game in general; I have a spent a ridiculous amount of my life course - creating and playing on TGC.

As an avid creator, might we get some more buildings in a future update, specifically houses? Which kind of leads into.....

An urban theme? One with a city backdrop (along the lines of the NYC course) and then with some houses to the "Buildings" tab, could build a course to wind through. Perhaps also some tall poles w/nets could be added to "walls/fences" tool for driving ranges and residential courses?

Separately, I played a version of Chambers Bay the other day called University Place that had railroad tracks...how was that done?

Finally to return to topic, I love the new update and am looking forward to working on a Highland course. I also very much appreciate the distance/measuring tool you added! I love the rock slider too; makes course cleanup go much faster.

Many thanks, sir

# 35 AnthonyKyne @ 07/11/15 02:26 PM
Hi mate, Yeah I've been talking about a cityscape for a while. Jim our lead artist has a few things on his list at the moment but I'm trying to persuade him to push it up a little :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

# 36 Lieutenant Dan @ 07/11/15 03:42 PM
Quote:
Hi mate, Yeah I've been talking about a cityscape for a while. Jim our lead artist has a few things on his list at the moment but I'm trying to persuade him to push it up a little :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the quick reply, Anthony; I wasn't expecting a response over the weekend Take some rest!

I appreciate your answer and that we have been thinking along the same lines on the cityscape/urban theme.

Thanks again.

# 37 garyjr33 @ 07/11/15 06:25 PM
Can you still not create yourself or a golfer in general? Or did they add that at some point?

# 38 DivotMaker @ 07/12/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
Can you still not create yourself or a golfer in general? Or did they add that at some point?
Nope. Same limited customization options since Day One.

# 39 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/12/15 10:46 AM
Holy hell. I tried to play with drive difficultly on hardest, and I hit 3 fairways in 10 holes lol. Dropped down to hard and still struggled. Great addition.

# 40 roadman @ 07/14/15 08:50 AM
To the OP, I just received an update on the xbone last evening after 12:00pm central time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.