Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just announced the NBA Summer League will be featured in NBA 2K16. No other details have been revealed, so we are left wondering...

Will the Summer League be a feature exclusive to MyCAREER mode or will it be available in other modes as well? Will we see a return of the D-League or maybe some sort of Draft Combine?

If we get any additional information, we will update this post.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 23 @ 07/12/15 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
and how am I derailing the thread? I stayed on topic my friend lol I believe SL could have something to do with Online myplayers I'm not one to jump the gun here or anything
This is about summer league not crew. Go there and I'll ban quickly

# 82 I Djm @ 07/12/15 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgriffin10
Once again 2k suprises me. They never fail to. Every year they integrate something new into their game. This is why I will always stay loyal to them. Can't wait to get this game and damn right I'm getting the Michael Jordan exclusive version

I also hope that they have more than 1 summer league arena. So like orlando, Utah and vegas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Summer league ain't new, they took it out because people complained it took too long instead of giving the option of skipping it. I suppose giving customers options is too hard or makes too much sense

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 83 mojoreb @ 07/12/15 11:51 AM
Cool addition to the game. I remember playing the summer circuit in NBA 2k10 and i had fun with it, maybe a bit too long though.

# 84 HowDareI @ 07/12/15 12:03 PM
Good, I'm glad it's back.

And I hope you start out in My Career as a 10 overall. And I hope it takes months upon months before you're a 90 overall and I hope you can't buy your stats.

Maybe then all the people looking to be Michael Jordan in 5 minutes can go play another mode or another game.

2K10-11 was the best because you had to really work for your overall.

But really though it's cool they brought it back, if it has to do with career than you gotta fix the stat caps too.

# 85 RocketTMac1 @ 07/12/15 03:54 PM

Now just confirm this can be played in MyLeague and that you can send prospects to the D-League and my goodness this is the NBA game of my dreams.

# 86 DC @ 07/13/15 08:46 AM
Make sure you dudes actually USE it this time so 2K won't take it out and say, "Nobody was playing it last time but you DC."

Use the got damn feature people.

Thanks 2K

# 87 cthurt @ 07/13/15 10:05 AM
I love seeing all the guys like myself who also want the D League to return, but I honestly never played a D League game in 2k I just need it back in so I can send my prospects there to get better while giving me an extra roster spot or two to sign a vet in free agency for cheap. As it stands now a lot of 2nd round talent gets lost in the free agency because they have no where to go to improve.

# 88 stillfeelme @ 07/13/15 12:28 PM
  • I guess this is obviously in MyCareer as part of the story but I hope it is in for MyLeague as well as the NBDL is added. You should have multiple paths to "The Story" or basically multiple storylines and have to grind in the NBDL as one option.
  • Add the 17 NBDL teams and 14 teams have direct affiliations with the NBA team to really set off MyLeague.
  • Have the ability to send players to D League to develop their game by getting in Myleague or any association that they can't because a log jam of minutes on their current team.
  • Let us monitor players progression with some stats shooting 3pt FG% rebounding, assists etc. You should be able to sort and filter prospects and decide if you want to call up or give someone a 10-day contract.

# 89 fredo5020 @ 07/13/15 12:52 PM
If they add this to myLeauge and MyGm......... Bruh. I can see it now my first round pick from my custom draft class intertwing with a undrafted FA when i suddenly realize I found my one two punch for the future oh yea

# 90 NDAlum @ 07/13/15 01:21 PM
I really want DL or SL in myleague. You could evaluate guys in your organization better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 91 Ward13 @ 07/14/15 06:14 AM
Ok 2k, We're getting somewhere...

# 92 Ward13 @ 07/14/15 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
Takes me long enough to get through the regular seasons being I play every game in My Career without extra content.

Comments like this is why 2k removed realistic features from the game that gave it so much depth and intrigue in past iterations smh WE WANT AUTHENTICITY BACK! No more catering to users that like taking shortcuts, play a game per day or something. Why would you want to finish a season in a few hours? That defeats the purpose of having a CAREER MODE.

# 93 Deflo_ @ 07/14/15 09:32 AM
I can't see them adding Summer league without adding D Leage and incorporating it into MyLeague. Seems like a lot of work to code summer league to use for MyPlayer only.

It also makes sense they haven't revealed this info as it'll be a top feature for MyLeague guys.

# 94 RedSceptile @ 07/14/15 10:01 AM
Oh man this gets me so hyped for the prospect of the D-League. Love association but it's hard trying to manage roster spots when you've got 2nd rounders you're trying to mold but can't give any playing time because of your roster.

# 95 Eman5805 @ 07/14/15 01:39 PM
I'm happy. But SL is after the draft. I have to imagine they'll have something before the draft. Draft combine made the most sense, rather than some made up rookie showcase in not!Madison Square Garden.

They're teasing the bejeezus out of the gameplay though. Haven't even seen or heard an inkling yet. Not even one lone screenshot of what the new body scans will do for authenticity.

# 96 SteveQ @ 07/14/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
I'm happy. But SL is after the draft. I have to imagine they'll have something before the draft. Draft combine made the most sense, rather than some made up rookie showcase in not!Madison Square Garden.

They're teasing the bejeezus out of the gameplay though. Haven't even seen or heard an inkling yet. Not even one lone screenshot of what the new body scans will do for authenticity.
Yea they're really holding out so far. Hopefully we get some good info later this month.

# 97 smiley3 @ 07/14/15 02:07 PM
Dndnf;;;;;

# 98 Ward13 @ 07/15/15 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
  • I guess this is obviously in MyCareer as part of the story but I hope it is in for MyLeague as well as the NBDL is added. You should have multiple paths to "The Story" or basically multiple storylines and have to grind in the NBDL as one option.

• Add the 17 NBDL teams and 14 teams have direct affiliations with the NBA team to really set off MyLeague.

• Have the ability to send players to D League to develop their game by getting in Myleague or any association that they can't because a log jam of minutes on their current team.

• Let us monitor players progression with some stats shooting 3pt FG% rebounding, assists etc. You should be able to sort and filter prospects and decide if you want to call up or give someone a 10-day contract.

And for the life of me they need to reintegrate training camp! Why would 2k take that of all things out? It's a mandate for all NBA players to attend smh

# 99 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/15/15 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward13
And for the life of me they need to reintegrate training camp! Why would 2k take that of all things out? It's a mandate for all NBA players to attend smh

Yea that's another thing I just didn't get, he fact that in my league you literally can only send 1-2 players to camp, yet in real life everyone must attend.

I think it's a relatively simple fix, the reason for it is likely the whole my gm thing in which VC was used for everything and it makes sense to limit things and force people to generate more VC to send everyone there.

The problem is when that stretched over to My league. Hopefully that sees a fix this year.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

# 100 supersayiansands @ 07/22/15 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Is this going to be in MyLeague or nah?

Spoiler
Yes it is! Have a read of the leaked achievements and it has one that says "play a summer league game in MyTeam." Something alone the lines of that!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.