Home
NHL 16 News Post

The NHL 16 team plans to release details on precision skating and seamless puck pickups tomorrow, along with overhead gameplay. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Don Jon @ 07/13/15 05:07 PM
I want gameplay, unedited, not put together glimpses of gameplay. I hope we can find out if we can finally poke check while making line changes, this was a major annoyance for me.

# 2 nddurst @ 07/13/15 05:09 PM
I don't want to hear about anything.

I want to SEE some overhead gameplay that shows off better defensive AI and neutral zone pressure.

# 3 bigwill33 @ 07/13/15 05:11 PM
It says "Precision Skating, Seamless Puck Pickups and Overhead Gameplay tomorrow!"

# 4 nddurst @ 07/13/15 05:20 PM
I'm hoping it's more than just 10-second clips to show certain elements of the skating and puck pickups. But I'm not holding my breath.

It would be nice if, at the end of the dev diary piece, they just said "...and here's a full 10-minute period against the CPU on all star/hardcore settings..."

# 5 believeinnow @ 07/13/15 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddurst
I'm hoping it's more than just 10-second clips to show certain elements of the skating and puck pickups. But I'm not holding my breath.

It would be nice if, at the end of the dev diary piece, they just said "...and here's a full 10-minute period against the CPU on all star/hardcore settings..."
Regarding your last part. That won't happen. YouTube Analytics have proven that people don't watch 10 minutes not stop of gameplay, especially if nothing happens. People watch snippets. Even with Twitch streaming, unless there is action happening all the time, our short attention spans results in fewer people actually watching the entire video/stream.

We should be happy that in July we're getting even just a little bit of gameplay. For the sports genre, that is a rarity. Beggars can't be choosers.

# 6 Simple Mathematics @ 07/13/15 06:17 PM
I am most intrigued by the "overhead gameplay". I hope this portion is long enough to get a general feel for the game so we can see some improvements we have been clamoring for.

# 7 AdamJones113 @ 07/13/15 07:18 PM
For those interested...

This is the first non-trailer we saw last year, on July 9. NHL 15 Gameplay Series: Next-Gen Hockey Player

Then we got another dev diary vid on July 16 (True Hockey Physics) and a third on July 23 (Superstar Skill Stick).

Finally, we got our first look at "Overhead Gameplay" on August 15 with this trailer:

It's interesting that EA decided to come out with that Gameplay trailer now. I expected a pattern similar to last year; now I expect that we'll have either more dev diaries spaced out, or a large gap after tomorrow before the release of several more.

# 8 sooner1074 @ 07/13/15 08:55 PM
I am with everyone else here. Just show us gameplay and we're good.

# 9 spidertour02 @ 07/13/15 09:27 PM
I must be the only person that hates the overhead view ...

# 10 actionhank @ 07/13/15 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I am most intrigued by the "overhead gameplay". I hope this portion is long enough to get a general feel for the game so we can see some improvements we have been clamoring for.
I'm hoping they give us something that shows how the AI handles players and pucks moving around.

I'm going to be severely disappointed if I just see the same "Back up. Stop. Back up. Stop. Oh no, he's gone by me. Skate backwards. Pivot too late. Hang head in shame at goal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Nope, I hate it too. I play true broadcast, and put the controls always up. I think the game flows better that way (for me anyways)
I hate playing in it, but i like watching the AI play, because it's better for seeing plays develop, and how the AI responds as players move around the ice. Seeing a bunch of guys standing still and not moving away from coverage, as in the past, will be a bummer.

# 11 csamuelsvt @ 07/14/15 08:09 AM
FINALLY some gameplay!!!......hopefully not cut up footage and just 2-5 minutes of raw gameplay with commentary and sounds etc.

Lets see what you've got EA

# 12 therizing02 @ 07/14/15 12:31 PM
There is no way that I'll see what I want to see (rubber band AI eliminated) in the gameplay video.

NHL 15 was the biggest joke of a sports title that I've played since Madden 13. I played on every level and just about every game played the same. I've won and lost on every level with different slider combos and finally deleted the game off of my hard drive out of frustration.

I want to see player and team individuality and the elimination of the cheesy scripted rocket passes and one timers from the CPU and the last minute "thrillers".

# 13 bigwill33 @ 07/14/15 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmutat17
I enjoyed seeing Pietrangelo's goal and the ending with Fehr I think it was. I thought those two plays flowed really well and it looked realistic.
If you are talking about the videos in which you quoted your response from, those are from last year (NHL 15).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.