Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

TrueAchievements have posted the NBA 2K16 achievements and it has revealed quite a few interesting nuggets of information.

According to the list, NBA 2K16 will feature the Summer League in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. It also confirmed MyLEAGUE Online, team relocation and 3 team trades.

There are quite a few other achievements for MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE, MyGM, MyPARK, MyCAREER, but nothing for CREW fans, so take it for what it's worth.

Other notable Achievements:
  • Win all 10 games of 'Greatest of All-Time' in Play Now Online.
  • Announce where your college ball will be played at.
  • Discover your first rune in MyTEAM.
  • Complete the 10th game of The Gauntlet in MyTEAM.
  • Unlock Historic Domination in MyTEAM.
Thanks for the heads up @RareBishop!

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/14/15 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Of course not. You're not a MyLeague/GM player Rockie
I said it was cool tho lol

# 102 tabarnes19_SDS @ 07/14/15 11:00 PM
Awesome! I'm hoping the cpu performs 3 team trades as well, not just user initiated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 103 King_B_Mack @ 07/14/15 11:08 PM
Just looking at the licensing rules/fees now and man. Duke's royalty fee for Men's Basketball is 14% which doesn't even include the 4% ACC rate nor the rates for the different types of licensing.

For example there's an ACC Co-Branding License which allows the use of all non-event conference logos but not the use of ACC Championship event logos, references to ACC Champions or "collective use of member institutions and ACC logos."

Then there's the ACC Collective Use License which allows you to produce designs with equal representation of all conference insitutions and a non-event conference logo. Even with that license though, you still don't get to use the ACC Championship event logos, references to the ACC Champions, or "single team or gameday/rivarly co-branded use of institution and conference logos. That license gets you NO ADVANCE payment and a royalty rate of 16% collective use of all member institutions' logos + ACC logo fee. I won't even go into the fees for ACC Championship Event licensing and the ACC Champions licensing.

# 104 MavsManiac4Life @ 07/14/15 11:22 PM
I bet (especially if Spike Lee is about to REALLY script #BeTheStory) they'll let you get to choose a decent range of generic colleges. "Dallas University" and stuff like that, play some key season games against fake rivals maybe, and then a College Championship.

# 105 Jrocc23 @ 07/15/15 12:26 AM
Seems like Crew will be omitted once another year...

But the other news is nice. I'm missing Crew, but since 2K15 was maybe the second best 2K I've ever played and then hearing about this news like online leagues, college and etc, take my money:

I'm Going Pro, Capeesh?15 (15)
Declare your intentions to enter the NBA Draft.

I am wondering if we can possibly play more than one year in college or will the story force you to leave after your freshman year.

V-G-G, Vic Gotta Go!15 (15)
Listen to your owner's opinion on Vic.

Seems like this will be a friend or agent you grow up with or something that's a bad influence.

Gym, Tan, Laundry, Gym15 (15)
Unlock the gold version of the Gym Rat badge in MyCAREER.

Seems like you earn your badges again. Wonder if you have to earn Silver and Gold now instead of just being able to purchase them.

Diamonds Are Forever15 (15)
Acquire a Diamond Shoe or Contract Card in MyTEAM.

Not big on MyTeam but what the heck could a diamond shoe be? Possibly boost attributes permanently instead of boosts for one game.

# 106 Sportsbuck @ 07/15/15 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Just looking at the licensing rules/fees now and man. Duke's royalty fee for Men's Basketball is 14% which doesn't even include the 4% ACC rate nor the rates for the different types of licensing.

For example there's an ACC Co-Branding License which allows the use of all non-event conference logos but not the use of ACC Championship event logos, references to ACC Champions or "collective use of member institutions and ACC logos."

Then there's the ACC Collective Use License which allows you to produce designs with equal representation of all conference insitutions and a non-event conference logo. Even with that license though, you still don't get to use the ACC Championship event logos, references to the ACC Champions, or "single team or gameday/rivarly co-branded use of institution and conference logos. That license gets you NO ADVANCE payment and a royalty rate of 16% collective use of all member institutions' logos + ACC logo fee. I won't even go into the fees for ACC Championship Event licensing and the ACC Champions licensing.

# 107 Jrocc23 @ 07/15/15 12:37 AM
Exactly how I felt lol. That's why I read a little and said "F" it. Don't even bother with that licensing stuff anymore. It's so confusing when it comes to Madden player tattoos, colleges, etc. Forget it lol.

# 108 Wildcats302 @ 07/15/15 12:46 AM
More thoughts on relocation. I am interested in how in depth this will go. I also wonder if you will have a pre-determined list of cities (probably) to move your team to. I also am curious (and hope) if you can change your teams uniforms/logo/mascot name.

I am a huge Lakers fan, but it has always made me chuckle how they are the Lakers due to being in MN before. It would be cool to move OKC or whoever to Seattle and make the Supersonics again. I'm not sure if that is possible or not, but would be cool.

# 109 Boilerbuzz @ 07/15/15 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsbuck

Best post of the thread!

# 110 Vic Viper @ 07/15/15 12:59 AM
The more NBA 2K adds every year, the more I get scared. I know I will have bad dreams tonight, picturing Manu Ginobili playing on the Spurs' Summer League team because of some stupid glitch. I think we need to calm down and wait for the "DETAILS" to come out. I want to see this in action before I drink the "Killer Kool-aid" and that gameplay better come correct on August 5th, 2015.

Side Note: The 3 team trades and Relocation sounds legit...

# 111 Melbournelad @ 07/15/15 01:11 AM
Relocation? 3 teams trades back? Summer league?

# 112 23 @ 07/15/15 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
The more NBA 2K adds every year, the more I get scared. I know I will have bad dreams tonight, picturing Manu Ginobili playing on the Spurs' Summer League team because of some stupid glitch. I think we need to calm down and wait for the "DETAILS" to come out. I want to see this in action before I drink the "Killer Kool-aid" and that gameplay better come correct come August 5th, 2015.

Side Note: The 3 team trades and Relocation sounds legit...
Better come or what?

I hate when people make posts like that.

King that licensing thing is ridiculous man. Id settle for create a college myself if it can be put in the game especially my league

# 113 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/15/15 01:22 AM
Hope the gameplay holds up and that the 2016 cap is representative of what will happen in real life, other than that, I'm stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 114 Boilerbuzz @ 07/15/15 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
MyPark is the biggest joke of this console generation.

Sounds like someone gets his cookies taken away whenever he steps in the Park...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Better come or what?

Or he's going to say mean and hurtful things to a forum of folks that couldn't care less! That's what. So now what?! :P

# 115 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/15/15 01:27 AM
How about d-league? Summer but no d-league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 116 Boilerbuzz @ 07/15/15 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
How about d-league? Summer but no d-league?

For the life of me, I don't get why these things are such a big deal to people in Association modes? Is it the dynamic of developing a talent pipeline? The NBA isn't the MLB or FIFA. That just doesn't happen. I'm just saying I don't get. Not belittling.

# 117 23 @ 07/15/15 01:32 AM
Seems very entitled to get somethinf you asked for only to ask for more like it doesnt matter. Seriously can we at least enjoy aummwr league first

# 118 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/15/15 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
For the life of me, I don't get why these things are such a big deal to people in Association modes? Is it the dynamic of developing a talent pipeline? The NBA isn't the MLB or FIFA. That just doesn't happen. I'm just saying I don't get. Not belittling.

For the exact reason why we want the practice squad in the madden games, realism. Plus the ability to send down useless second round picks to clear spots for other players etc.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

# 119 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/15/15 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Seems very entitled to get somethinf you asked for only to ask for more like it doesnt matter. Seriously can we at least enjoy aummwr league first

I'm not sure anybody actually asked for summer league, I know people have wanted the d-league in the game because it was in previous basketball games, glad we got the summer league and all that, but it's pointless.

What players are my first and second round players going to play with? Randomly generated players? Will I actually have the option of choosing players from my roster to play in the summer league?

There are still questions and just things in general to put out there and hope a developer sees it. With the release windows of these games, as a fan and a customer, you better ask now or its more likely you have to wait a year or more.

Look how long people have wanted 3-team trades. It's been what, 3 years since its been in the game?

Just want to make sure things are actually thought out and not just dropped into the game as a back of the box feature. And the best way for that to happen is early feedback.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

# 120 lgxjames @ 07/15/15 01:45 AM
Everything has been said. Just dropping in to show my support. Good job 2K

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.