Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

TrueAchievements have posted the NBA 2K16 achievements and it has revealed quite a few interesting nuggets of information.

According to the list, NBA 2K16 will feature the Summer League in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. It also confirmed MyLEAGUE Online, team relocation and 3 team trades.

There are quite a few other achievements for MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE, MyGM, MyPARK, MyCAREER, but nothing for CREW fans, so take it for what it's worth.

Other notable Achievements:
  • Win all 10 games of 'Greatest of All-Time' in Play Now Online.
  • Announce where your college ball will be played at.
  • Discover your first rune in MyTEAM.
  • Complete the 10th game of The Gauntlet in MyTEAM.
  • Unlock Historic Domination in MyTEAM.
Thanks for the heads up @RareBishop!

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 pipix @ 07/15/15 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsbuck
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] can't stop laughing best post!

Envoyé de mon HTC One_M8 en utilisant Tapatalk

# 122 23 @ 07/15/15 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
I'm not sure anybody actually asked for summer league, I know people have wanted the d-league in the game because it was in previous basketball games, glad we got the summer league and all that, but it's pointless.

What players are my first and second round players going to play with? Randomly generated players? Will I actually have the option of choosing players from my roster to play in the summer league?

There are still questions and just things in general to put out there and hope a developer sees it. With the release windows of these games, as a fan and a customer, you better ask now or its more likely you have to wait a year or more.

Look how long people have wanted 3-team trades. It's been what, 3 years since its been in the game?

Just want to make sure things are actually thought out and not just dropped into the game as a back of the box feature. And the best way for that to happen is early feedback.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
I don't know why you're so sure because it waa a huge request especially here at OS when it was removed.

What i dont remember is you being around here.

Now people are crying for the D league when the nba barely pushes it.

Its always something with alot of you guys and the game isn't even out yet

Let people enjoy this news before crying about whata not there. Man the complaining ia unbearable sometimes .

# 123 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/15/15 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I don't know why you're so sure because it waa a huge request especially here at OS when it was removed.

What i dont remember is you being around here.

Now people are crying for the D league when the nba barely pushes it.

Its always something with alot of you guys and the game isn't even out yet

Let people enjoy this news before crying about whata not there. Man the complaining ia unbearable sometimes .

Then just ignore the posts, pretty silly to complain about people who are trying to help improve the game, that just doesn't make any sense.

Now let's stick to the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 124 SimBaller @ 07/15/15 01:57 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure anybody actually asked for summer league,
This post is almost better than post #5 in this thread.

Just sayin'.

# 125 23 @ 07/15/15 02:04 AM
Quote:
Then just ignore the posts, pretty silly to complain about people who are trying to help improve the game, that just doesn't make any sense.

Now let's stick to the topic.

No its not silly and i wont ignore it because

#1 you're speaking on something you have limited knowledge about.

#2 the whining in this forum constantly gets out of hand

#3 How are we talking about improving a game we havent seen, played or have much detail on?

I'm on topic and I'm a mod here so let me be the judge of that. This is about summer league so in short you can take the d league talk elsewhere if you want to be technical and on topic

# 126 WMoore75 @ 07/15/15 02:54 AM
If this is what competition brings.....I LIKE IT!

# 127 TemplateR @ 07/15/15 03:31 AM
Summer League for MyLeague and MyGM is a good start, but wait!?! No Summer League for MyCareer?

# 128 pipix @ 07/15/15 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR
Summer League for MyLeague and MyGM is a good start, but wait!?! No Summer League for MyCareer?
Let's hope there will be Summer League for MyCarreer.
Attachment 102358

# 129 Boilerbuzz @ 07/15/15 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

The DLeague guys I'm fine with. It's the Crew criers that get me. "Oh they are talking about MyLeague. Must mean still no Crew." That's the funny part. Any news about any other mode automatically implies no Crew. Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMoore75
If this is what competition brings.....I LIKE IT!

For real with this? Come on.

# 130 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 07/15/15 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
The DLeague guys I'm fine with. It's the Crew criers that get me. "Oh they are talking about MyLeague. Must mean still no Crew." That's the funny part. Any news about any other mode automatically implies no Crew. Sad.
Just like summer league crew will eventually find It's why back into the game. There lack of patient and constant complaining is annoying to say the least.

# 131 YaBoial @ 07/15/15 05:39 AM
Not trying to badh the hype train but let's be honest Here. One of these modes is going to be unplayable (probably online association) the park will still be overpowered from exploits. This game has drifted from a sports skill game to a story mode RPG. Which is sad because 2k makes some awesome games every couple years when they stuck with the true essence of basketball

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk

# 132 Vic Viper @ 07/15/15 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No its not silly and i wont ignore it because

#1 you're speaking on something you have limited knowledge about.

#2 the whining in this forum constantly gets out of hand

#3 How are we talking about improving a game we havent seen, played or have much detail on?

I'm on topic and I'm a mod here so let me be the judge of that. This is about summer league so in short you can take the d league talk elsewhere if you want to be technical and on topic
I never saw Summer League being a high priority this year in the wish list thread. I did see a couple people request it this year, but it wasn't by the mass.

People whine because 2k caters to everyone's needs and that's mainly a good thing. When you add so much content, which they do, it gets to the point where you have high expectations or needs for the next year.

# 133 Vic Viper @ 07/15/15 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipix
Let's hope there will be Summer League for MyCarreer.
Attachment 102358

Let's also hope there is a separate version of My Career where it's not story driven and I won't go undrafted. The concept was a great thought, but the story was weak overall. I can see why they went with Spike Lee this year in directing that mode.

There should really be a Story MyCareer mode and normal MyCareer Mode.

# 134 georgiafan @ 07/15/15 08:38 AM
With the trophy talk about Vic it got me thinking if maybe we are ruled ineglible before we get to play the games or something like that. Also maybe they are branching storylines where its just the same story and the choices you make matter. That way it adds replay value to that mode and games like that are popular now.

# 135 lilteapot @ 07/15/15 10:00 AM
Who the hell wants to play in the D-League especially in a video game?

# 136 Bexthelegend @ 07/15/15 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
I used to use it for Association all the time. I used to draft 2nd rounders, let them play in the D-League and follow their progress. Or If I didn't have a lot of cap, I'd try and get someone who was consistently performing well in the d-league and who could fit.

There was one D-league small forward, who ended up with a Danny Green like career. I saw that he could shoot the ball and he had pretty decent defensive stats, so I signed him and he prospered, and eventually became a starter. D-league goes hand and hand with summer league.You like how a prospect performed in summer league, but don't have a roster spot for him? Send him down to the d-league and let him develop until you're ready for him. There's a D-league team that gets to compete in summer league as well.

2k was on the right track, but then they removed essential features for immerson, in favor of non sim game modes

# 137 cthurt @ 07/15/15 10:09 AM
Quote:

For me its not about actually playing DL games, I just need it so I can send my low rated prospects there while still making roster room for me to sign a couple vets sitting in free agency, as of now you would have to either stick with the team having the lower prospects at the end of the bench or just release them to sign better players available in free agency.

# 138 King_B_Mack @ 07/15/15 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
I never saw Summer League being a high priority this year in the wish list thread. I did see a couple people request it this year, but it wasn't by the mass.

People whine because 2k caters to everyone's needs and that's mainly a good thing. When you add so much content, which they do, it gets to the point where you have high expectations or needs for the next year.

Summer League being brought back has been a very requested feature since they took it out. Certainly since they added story lines to MyCareer and guys started lamenting the "loss of realism" with that mode and wanting 2K to "get back to the basics" of the mode with SL and D-League integration.

# 139 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/15/15 10:39 AM
Quote:

Could say the same about wanting to play as a mythical player called frequency vibrations playing for the Phoenix Suns after playing for the Pawtucket Thunderbirds in college (or whatever cockamamie team name that gets generated).

At least one of two is realistic.

# 140 Boilerbuzz @ 07/15/15 11:17 AM
The "loss of realism" talk is bs. People act like the core game hasn't gotten better and deeper, when it has. But those that complain rarely say a word about online team up where the thing that breaks the realism is the fact that you normally have 5 dudes running around, wanting to be the star all the time. It mass chaos perpetrated by the users. And don't come with the cheese complaints. Every game has them, they are impossible to predict, and they do try to address all of them within reason. If you don't like Park, DON'T PLAY IT. Since MyPlayer/Park is the most played mode, I guess it's doing something right. It's letting the monkeys run the zoo. Regardless, if the fantasy element of the Park is your complaint, I ask you: how could it NOT be? Real NBA players rarely do that for fear of injury. Should they just not have new modes that break the mold?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.