Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

TrueAchievements have posted the NBA 2K16 achievements and it has revealed quite a few interesting nuggets of information.

According to the list, NBA 2K16 will feature the Summer League in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. It also confirmed MyLEAGUE Online, team relocation and 3 team trades.

There are quite a few other achievements for MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE, MyGM, MyPARK, MyCAREER, but nothing for CREW fans, so take it for what it's worth.

Other notable Achievements:
  • Win all 10 games of 'Greatest of All-Time' in Play Now Online.
  • Announce where your college ball will be played at.
  • Discover your first rune in MyTEAM.
  • Complete the 10th game of The Gauntlet in MyTEAM.
  • Unlock Historic Domination in MyTEAM.
Thanks for the heads up @RareBishop!

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Sinner @ 07/15/15 06:20 PM
Can't believe there are some in here saying this wasn't something that was requested for in this game. Summer League, Combine and yeah D-League, probably in that order were some things that people (including myself) have wanted in this game since they were all taking out. Now we have Summer League and it appears quite a few other things. Folks really should enjoy what's there and enjoy the progression of the series....IMO.

# 162 mlb08 @ 07/15/15 06:41 PM
Does it have improved crowd, offense, defense, lineups, substitution, myplayer? All need work. Dont add useless things.

# 163 Wildcats302 @ 07/15/15 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
Does it have improved crowd, offense, defense, lineups, substitution, myplayer? All need work. Dont add useless things.
Yeah, because those things were not mentioned in this thread...that means they have not been touched. lol.

# 164 snocone @ 07/15/15 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Yeah, because those things were not mentioned in this thread...that means they have not been touched. lol.
I'd like to see someone come up with an achievement related to better AI substitution

# 165 redsox4evur @ 07/15/15 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Between the emphasis on story (Be The Story), the players during their college years being on the cover and this supposed leaked achievement including declaring for draft and choosing a college. It points towards playing a year in college.

BUT how could they do that without NCAA rights?

My guess, interactive cut scenes early in the game. A whole bunch of them. About 20 minutes of background and story. Then the summer league is your first game.
I think it is like everyone else is saying, you select the college you want to go to (fake college) and your boy screws you and you get kicked out of college before your first practice. Then you get a cut screen where you are at the end of the season and you declare for the draft but go undrafted and get invited to the Summer League and your performance determines your career.

# 166 King_B_Mack @ 07/15/15 08:12 PM
With the team relocation, they should really try to adopt the WWE game's creation tools. They have the tech in house already to make this a very good feature. Hell, put it in for CAP too.

# 167 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 07/15/15 08:25 PM
Logic definitely would say real world colleges are in the game just based off of seeing that 2k has brought the rights to use some teams on the college licensing site. You probably can play multiple games (seasons?) in college too, if the achievement that says declare for the draft is true. And based off logic it would be because the achievements confirm colleges(true) and say Draft aswell (?). Ultimately its 2ks (Spike Lee) decision how the story dictates the flow of logic from highschool to the NBA.

# 168 bballshawn24 @ 07/15/15 08:30 PM
why does every have these happy gifs always before 2k comes out and when it comes out the place is anarchy because of the servers. Just saying i've learned not to get excited 2 years ago

# 169 HowDareI @ 07/15/15 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'll tell you this.

You can derail the thread about crew of you want to. You determine if that's worth getting banned over.

And no I'm not joking
Come on bro, I love this forum and I love discussions on here. I got a lot of great tips, information, rosters, sliders, etc on here. I met some real cool people I've played with and had great games with. But this crew-bashing is too much. It's just a mode in the game and no one's derailing.

"There are quite a few other achievements for MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE, MyGM, MyPARK, MyCAREER, but nothing for CREW fans, so take it for what it's worth."

That was in the original post, all we did was discuss exactly that. How some of these features we definitely wanted and missed; but how we're disappointed Crew isn't back.

# 170 23 @ 07/15/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Come on bro, I love this forum and I love discussions on here. I got a lot of great tips, information, rosters, sliders, etc on here. I met some real cool people I've played with and had great games with. But this crew-bashing is too much. It's just a mode in the game and no one's derailing.

"There are quite a few other achievements for MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE, MyGM, MyPARK, MyCAREER, but nothing for CREW fans, so take it for what it's worth."

That was in the original post, all we did was discuss exactly that. How some of these features we definitely wanted and missed; but how we're disappointed Crew isn't back.
...and this is the same mess we deal with every year.

You crew junkies need to go back to the crew thread instead of jumping into EVERY single thread about everything else crying about it

Im sorry but im not having every thread get derailed. Either use the search feature and pull up the crew thread or make another one but one thing that will not be tolerated here is the contiunous entitlement and constant off topic posts period.

and for the record this still isnt a crew thread.

# 171 HowDareI @ 07/15/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
...and this is the same mess we deal with every year.

You crew junkies need to go back to the crew thread instead of jumping into EVERY single thread about everything else crying about it

Im sorry but im not having every thread get derailed. Either use the search feature and pull up the crew thread or make another one but one thing that will not be tolerated here is the contiunous entitlement and constant off topic posts period.

and for the record this still isnt a crew thread.
Nah you're right there is some people that do too much and do derail threads but it does go both ways and the crew-haters like to bait lol

But alright that's the last time I shall say that word in here.

I was wondering if summer leagues will be like training camps where players can maybe get better by playing well...? Just a thought.

# 172 23 @ 07/16/15 12:00 AM
Quote:
Nah you're right there is some people that do too much and do derail threads but it does go both ways and the crew-haters like to bait lol

But alright that's the last time I shall say that word in here.

I was wondering if summer leagues will be like training camps where players can maybe get better by playing well...? Just a thought.
Just for the record I'm not against the discussion this is prevention.

Once it starts going its a snowball as you said from both sides. So it's best to just start another thread specifically for that.

Anyway I'm not even site I'll be playing this mode. I know its for a specific group...i just need more details. I'm still interested in learning about it.

this is a better teaser than years past. The whole 8th grader focus type marketing is annoying

# 173 zrohman @ 07/16/15 12:06 AM
I disagree with their long term strategy here.

Imo when you only have a year to develop a game, And you add several modes. I don't see how they will manage to improve gameplay.

They can claim a million animations but there are fundamental flaws built into their gameplay. Gameplay is balanced. But they have to make it impossible to get steals on the perimeter to cover up the fact that they have nothing in place to help dribblers protect the ball. They make up for it in stats by allowing post steals to happen at ease.

Fouls happen frustratingly at random, and I don't think there is some comeback code, but clearly there are momentum shift issues.

my point isn't to tear down 2k. Clearly their game has been great and it's impossible to have perfection...

My point is there is only so much time. As if there weren't already a lot of modes, they are adding several more.

2k always keeps gameplay the same with minimal changes. And they mess with a ton of modes. I am sceptical until I see the gameplay changes.

People need to understand. Some people are trolls and are never satisfied. But many of us aren't happy about these modes because in our opinion, it means they are diverting resources from other crucial departments.

# 174 HowDareI @ 07/16/15 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Just for the record I'm not against the discussion this is prevention.

Once it starts going its a snowball as you said from both sides. So it's best to just start another thread specifically for that.

Anyway I'm not even site I'll be playing this mode. I know its for a specific group...i just need more details. I'm still interested in learning about it.

this is a better teaser than years past. The whole 8th grader focus type marketing is annoying
I'll agree on that, I can't stand waiting till the last couple weeks before they even say anything relevant and before that it's just hashtags and gimmicks.

# 175 23 @ 07/16/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
I'll agree on that, I can't stand waiting till the last couple weeks before they even say anything relevant and before that it's just hashtags and gimmicks.
Don't hate on the hashtags embrace the #NBA2K16 marketing on OS

Buy it digitally and play #2KProAm with your friends.

Order NOW!

# 176 snocone @ 07/16/15 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I disagree with their long term strategy here.

Imo when you only have a year to develop a game, And you add several modes. I don't see how they will manage to improve gameplay.

They can claim a million animations but there are fundamental flaws built into their gameplay. Gameplay is balanced. But they have to make it impossible to get steals on the perimeter to cover up the fact that they have nothing in place to help dribblers protect the ball. They make up for it in stats by allowing post steals to happen at ease.

Fouls happen frustratingly at random, and I don't think there is some comeback code, but clearly there are momentum shift issues.

my point isn't to tear down 2k. Clearly their game has been great and it's impossible to have perfection...

My point is there is only so much time. As if there weren't already a lot of modes, they are adding several more.

2k always keeps gameplay the same with minimal changes. And they mess with a ton of modes. I am sceptical until I see the gameplay changes.

People need to understand. Some people are trolls and are never satisfied. But many of us aren't happy about these modes because in our opinion, it means they are diverting resources from other crucial departments.
I really doubt they are stealing guys like Mike Wang or OG to put in stuff for MyTeam. From what have seen, their team is split up with different focuses.

# 177 VizzyXV @ 07/16/15 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
With the team relocation, they should really try to adopt the WWE game's creation tools. They have the tech in house already to make this a very good feature. Hell, put it in for CAP too.
I was thinking this, can you imagine Create-A-Player with the ability to import face textures like in WWE 2K

# 178 Lakerf57n @ 07/16/15 02:18 AM
Now if only we could used our scanned created players in my league mode and put them in 2k share. That would make my year.

# 179 23 @ 07/16/15 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgriffin10
You do realize that you are derailing the thread by replying stupid stuff like this. Youre supposed to be a mod so Isn't it easy to just edit someone's post? Instead of writing an entire essay regarding a topic you don't like... anyways back to the topic.

I hope that you can choose who you want to send to the summer league in my league instead of them just automatically putting rookies in there. Let's say I get a veteran from free agency and I want him to battle it out for that 12th spot, I can send him to the summer league to see how he plays out. And before people go ahead and say "why would a veteran want to be in the summer league", there are actually tons of Veterans in this year summer league who are trying to get them self back to the nba.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

No we don't edit posts here and i explained why so you could see the reason why you're seeing the reaction. It's not a mindless reason. I know every year we get a bunch of new posters especially around game releases and they don't know what causes fires here nor do they read the rules of the site .

Thing is if a mod ask you not to do something in a thread it would die if you would move on instead of questioning everything and when you have no clue the consequences of the said request.

Now the next time you decide to question me I'll give you a warning and delete your entire post instead

# 180 Jumpman14 @ 07/16/15 03:03 AM
^^^ bruh you're begging to get banned

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.