Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The 2K Pro-Am is coming to NBA 2K16, but what does it mean exactly? It obviously has something to do with professional and amateur players, but to what extent? There was nothing related to a 2K Pro-Am in the NBA 2K16 achievement list, which revealed quite a bit of information, so we are left scratching our head until 2K gives us more details.

We will update this post or create a new one when more details become available, but until then, what do you think this could be?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Jrocc23 @ 07/16/15 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
There's only a few explanations for someone to have the opinion you do:

1. You never played 2k11
2. You are in denial or arent remembering it right (rose tinted glasses).
3. By some miracle you were fortunate enough to never ever play a cheeser.
4. You don't know what cheese is.

https://youtu.be/fQ3ngIF3aJI

Can't drive through the defense and dunk it? Can't shoot 3's crazy? Yeah right.

Whatever you say buddy.

There's a reason it was removed. = absolute cheese. And a reason it's been 4/5 years and still hasn't been put back into the game = so cheesy it's taking years to fix.

You sound silly. I watched a few seconds of that vid and seen a CPU Tony Allen cheese? Are you kidding me? He passed the ball to him and he scored. Like y'all call anything "cheese". The guy was making 3s ok. It happens. But I don't know 2K11 but I have about a 100 videos recorded of my crew playing random crews losses and all and people hit 3s but it was never something crazy where you felt you've been cheated. Shooting on there was mad fair and realistic. You can't tell me 2K11 shooting was worse that 15 is now lol.

And no, you couldn't just drive and dunk on people crazy. I swear a lot of y'all are lying. No way was it easier to dunk on people on 11 compared to 15 w/ Posterizer.

Watch any of my crew vids. Yeah, there is "cheese" online but go and watch a rec game right now and I bet it doesn't look nothing like crew when it comes to simulating basketball.

Edit: and the vid is showing highlights. What did he actually shoot % wise? My games are full raw gameplay. You see it all. Just because someone makes a 3 it's cheese. C'mon man. Let's be real. Players make tough shots sometimes it's going to happen. But that was never ever a consistent thing like it is in 15. That's not even a argument.

# 62 Bexthelegend @ 07/16/15 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
First - the badges have counter-badges! You can get defensive badges to negate each offensive badge. But I guess everyone ignores that or doesn't care about defensive badges. But then have the nerve to bitch about offensive badges. Secondly, the cheese in 2K11, most of it was mechanical and had NO answers. In 2K15, with zig-zag, not only do they heavily hit the percentages, but I've seen PLENTY of people defend it just fine. If some idiot wants to do that crap and take pretty much the SAME penalty for it as if there was defender on a set shot, go for it. I hear and AGREE with the "perfect" release bull**** we got thanks to all that EA hype. I'm SO glad it's a general fail.

Anyway, ultimately, the talk about 2K15 being more cheese that 2K11 has to be measured with the fact that 2K11 had just as much, and some of it had no answer at all.

But you guys can believe what you want to believe. What do I know? I obviously know nothing about the game it would seem.

And the epitome of hyperbole comes in statements that claim NBA 2K15 looks like NBA Jam or Street. How YOU played those games? You're seriously comparing 2K15 to those games? Wow.
So a person needs counter badges or else everyone's my player can shoot better than Steph Curry? And we're supposed be satisfied with that crap? The mode has become completly unplayable. Having a perimeter lockdown defender badge doesn't stop an individual from getting a perfect release fadeaway 3.

And yes I'm comparing 2k15 online to those games. Have you ever spectated a Park or Rec game? Are you telling me that those games with every player shooting like Steph curry and posterizing everyone .....those resemble nba ball more than they resemble nba jam or nba streets? To each his own I guess

# 63 Jrocc23 @ 07/16/15 04:21 PM
Quote:
You watched a few seconds of the video? Try replying to me when you've watched the entire thing. Or just Google crew cheese 2k11 and see it for yourself. You need reminded you're clearly delusional. Sorry mate.

And what's all this chat about badges? They weren't brought in to make skills easier they were brought in to make skills unique to players. You can't have anyone with decent dunk stats posterise people all the time like you used to. Now its players who actually posterise in real life that have the badge. So they do it more often, which is simulating real life.

Badges are a positive not a negative. Everyone had those skills before. There was nothing to separate players aside from generic attributes (of which there were less than there are now). The badges separate people who are elite at a certain skill from those who aren't.

If anything they need more badges not less.

Like I said, I have plenty of videos that I still check out every now and then. You're just making stuff up. What the hell is CPU Tony Allen cheese lol? I watched more and it's all silly. The guy is cheesing because he's hitting 3s. Of course you're not really going to show all the ones he's missed. Contested shots were easy misses.

What are you talking about? Were talking Rec/Crew here. Not regular players. If you have Posterizer it will make your chances of dunking on someone a lot higher. Just like a lot of the other badges mainly deadeye. Again, it shows you're not as knowledgable about the game.

I like badges. But my bottom line point is, it was a lot harder to dunk or make 3s on people in 2K11. I used to not even really take 3s in 11 because it was hard. Specially from the top of the key. I just ate midrange up and the wings.

# 64 Jrocc23 @ 07/16/15 04:27 PM
Quote:
Why did they remove the mode? = cheese.

Why haven't they brought it back? = so cheesy it takes years to fix.

Agree or disagree? And if you disagree why did they remove it and why haven't they brought it back? What's the reasoning?

Umm, modded players. What are you talking about? I specifically said, without modding, even though hacking is in 15 right now. Without any of that. 2K15 was cheesier than 2K11. They only removed it because of the modders. What's your point?

You keep bringing up mods. Yes, that was bad but it was a way around that. But it was bad. But it's happening now. Not as bad but it's in once again. So I don't get it. And I keep saying, throwing that out, but you keep bringing it up.

And please answer my question. What the hell is Tony Allen cheese? Y'all make up anything. Anything that happens that y'all don't like, it's cheese lol.

Just leave it at this. Because we are madly offtopic and a mod go come in here and go bizirk. Here are some random vids from my YouTube. You can find anyone you like. Yes, there is things you'd consider cheese just like any online game. 2K11 def had issues. But compare any of mines to a JRC game minus the Mods and tell me which one looks more like basketball. Here is 2 random ones:

http://youtu.be/TAtVMuMjN0g

http://youtu.be/5dAi_T7SnSg

# 65 k1lo5 @ 07/16/15 04:45 PM
Thought we were talkin bout Pro-Am? Pumped to hear more about this mode.

sent via galaxy s5 using tapatalk

# 66 Jrocc23 @ 07/16/15 04:56 PM
Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about with "Tony Allen cheese" I watched that video without the sound. I watched the entire thing not just a few seconds (unlike you). And all I saw was 3pt cheese and dunk cheese with a few plays in between.

The fact that you can't or won't admit the cheese existed only proves you're either in complete denial or never played the game. Sorry. The 3 cheese, the hop step cheese, the cheesy post game, even charge cheese. It was awful. Absolute cheese fest.

I'm not even going to discuss it at this point. It's clearly a waste of time.

I thought you made the video. Well listen to it. I could go to any video game and record and show highlights of what I think is cheese. I am telling you dunking and shooting was not easy. Now if you were open, most likely it will go in but even those specially from 3 was questionable.

You seem mad bro. I never said cheese didnt exist. It's "cheese" in every game. Learn to read what I am saying. I said it's worse in 2K15 that does not equal there is none in 2K11. And you keep saying I didn't play it. I played it for 3 years and have mad vids on my YouTube.

Look at what you're saying lmao. It's all in 2K15. Charges, cheesy post game is way worst than 11 because you can't really play d in the post in 15, there was no 3 cheese in 11, but 15, yes most people complained crazy about shooting. Never really heard that about 2K11. If so, show me. But it's over, I won't change your mind and you def won't change mine. I played them both heavily. If you have video proof, message me the vid.

Sorry for the derailment of the thread. Back to pro am. I wish 2K would say something about it. Threads like these with nothing to go on is bound to go off track.

# 67 Biggielee00 @ 07/16/15 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Nah, it actually wasn't none of that. Unless the team was terrible. It was just like the other modes in 2K11. The only knock you can say about 2K11 Crew being cheese was the hacked players that knowledgable players knew how to avoid for the most part.

That's why I wish the servers were still up and glad I still have vids on my YouTube. It's nowhere near a dunk fest or people raining 3s. It was 2K11, none of that was happening period in 2K11 anyways unless the other user(s) were horrible. Now 2K15, that's a lot more common and even the hacked 7'+ PGs are back.
BEST 2K Ever in my opinion. I wish they'd bring back so much more from that game.

# 68 JMart14 @ 07/16/15 06:09 PM
Even today, there is cheese in every game mode.
To single out Crew as cheesy is unfair.

# 69 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/16/15 06:13 PM
Quote:
I'm not singling it out. I'm just saying I don't think people remember just how bad it was. It was infuriating at times, just watching seven footers exploit the hop step or run into the corner and splash a three.

I will bet my entire life savings, if and when they bring it back, all people will do is complain about it being cheesy.
That sounds exactly like the rec lol
2k11 didn't have as many op animations as 2k15 not to say which is more of a cheese fest

So we all agree it at least involves your my player ?

# 70 Taer @ 07/16/15 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Right. A tweet out to millions for a re-skin. Makes total sense considering the high amount of utter stupidity that runs rampant there...
I've been wrong before and I'd love to be wrong here. Its no skin off my back either way. Expectations are way low for me so anything higher than those will make me happy.

We've both been 2K consumers long enough to experience 2K's PR mistakes/gaffs. What seems logical and obvious to OSers isn't so outside the community.

# 71 Taer @ 07/16/15 07:56 PM
Crew discussion should be deleted/removed from these threads. As Da_Czar said in another thread, it is a complete waste of time to wade through 5 pages of off-topic whine just to get to the intended topic of discussion.

# 72 Sundown @ 07/16/15 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I've been wrong before and I'd love to be wrong here. Its no skin off my back either way. Expectations are way low for me so anything higher than those will make me happy.

We've both been 2K consumers long enough to experience 2K's PR mistakes/gaffs. What seems logical and obvious to OSers isn't so outside the community.

Remember when Crew Was Back complete with promotional videos and it was barely even a reskin of Blacktop (to put it generously)?

# 73 Jhawkfootball06 @ 07/16/15 09:41 PM
Quote:
Majority of people are hoping pro-am IS crew. So... its kind of on topic.

Also that discussion already ended, all you're doing is bringing it back up and adding to the 5 pages of "off topic whine". Just saying.
I'm thinking it's some sort of crew mode.

Pro-Am about to be sick if so!!

# 74 Ward13 @ 07/16/15 10:04 PM
Whenever we get more PRO-AM info please post it in another thread I refuse to scroll through this crew nonsense any longer

# 75 Jrocc23 @ 07/16/15 10:12 PM
Quote:
Majority of people are hoping pro-am IS crew. So... its kind of on topic.

Also that discussion already ended, all you're doing is bringing it back up and adding to the 5 pages of "off topic whine". Just saying.

Right. We and others took it way off topic but people keep bringing it back up. It's over with.

What do y'all think Pro-Am will be? Like I said, I wish 2K would stop just releasing a picture. At least give a few details because it'll lead to it going somewhat off topic. But I guess it's good for business for everyone to be wondering.

# 76 inkcil @ 07/17/15 12:07 AM
I just hope it's not another online-only mode. I would love to play single player offline in a Pro-am league with a mix of nba and amateur (make believe) players.

# 77 Boilerbuzz @ 07/17/15 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
So a person needs counter badges or else everyone's my player can shoot better than Steph Curry? And we're supposed be satisfied with that crap?
Crap? It's called BALANCE. If you have a tool, why should there not be an tool to counter it? If you claim that everyone is shooting like Steph Curry (who is a real person btw, and is ridiculous, and people are making multiple virtual incarnations of his skills) because of badges, then there BETTER be a way to counter that affect. That was my point. You have a way the remove the affect of badges. So why bitch about badges?

Quote:
The mode has become completly unplayable.
Tell that to the millions of people still playing and enjoying it. I swear this word should be banned. I kid about that, of course, but it is such an over used term. It's silly.

Quote:
Having a perimeter lockdown defender badge doesn't stop an individual from getting a perfect release fadeaway 3.
I never said it did! Read my post. If you did, you'd see I agree about the perfect release mechanic wholeheartedly. But don't try to blame badges. It's one of the best things about the game, imo.

Quote:
And yes I'm comparing 2k15 online to those games. Have you ever spectated a Park or Rec game? Are you telling me that those games with every player shooting like Steph curry and posterizing everyone .....those resemble nba ball more than they resemble nba jam or nba streets? To each his own I guess

I will say this again: when everyone is rated like Steph Curry and Lebron James, then yes, I expect EXACTLY what I see! And since those two actually play in real life, what can you say? If you want to cry that it's too easy to get those ratings, then that's where we can share a hanky. It's too easy to make a superstar in the game that can do everything. But that's born of the crying from 2k11 - "it takes to long to be good". Bull****. People expected "good" to be no less than Michael Jordan. But even so, the day you see dudes jumping 20 feet in the air with fire coming out if the ball and rim, then you can say the game looks like Jam! Just please stop with the dramatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Right. We and others took it way off topic but people keep bringing it back up. It's over with.

Read this after my post. Couldn't agree more. I'm done.

# 78 k1lo5 @ 07/17/15 10:14 AM
After watching some youtube vids of peeps specultating what PRO-AM will be, i think it will be another crew mode, hopefully no more 'i got next' ish.
I've my fingers x'd that there will be some type of lobby setup to go with as well!!!

sent via galaxy s5 using tapatalk

# 79 Pokes404 @ 07/17/15 10:36 AM
It has to be some kind of mix of NBA Stars vs My Players. Not only would a mode like that be fun for the obvious reasons, but it would also be nice for people who either get the game late, don't want to create a My Player, or don't have the time to grind and rank up their My Player. Instead of having to play with a 70 OVR bum against 99 OVR Legends and getting routinely smashed in the Park, they can grab an NBA Star and have a chance at competing.

# 80 NorthPhillyFis @ 07/17/15 12:57 PM
But your MyPlayer can't be the amateur bcuz he's gonna be an NBA player right? So what if instead of NBA players you team up wit random generated players or a mix of like 1 or 2 nba players 2 random generated players and you???

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.