Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

More NBA Live 16 gameplay information is scheduled for tomorrow. What are you hoping to see or hear about?

The team also released new NBA Live 16 screenshots of Damian Lillard (above) and Jabari Parker (below).

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA Live 16 page.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MUTWOKAL @ 07/17/15 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
Crazy thing is, is that it's the exact same scan. They just fixed the collars and removed the dead look in players faces along with greatly improving the skin tones and lighting and it looks 2x as good. The graphics question is pretty much done, it's right there with 2k if not better so nobody should say it looks like PS3 or whatever. Now let's see what the gameplay and modes can offer. 2k is adding some type of college and off the court aspects to my career so let's see if they do anything innovative. Can't wait for more news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason people say it's "PS3 or whatever" is because these are close up screen shots and once thegame starts with 5v5 gameplay all these amazing graphics just all go out the window. Imo

# 22 Vic Viper @ 07/17/15 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Not sure if Parkers skin tone is 100% correct but his face is on point.
His skin tone is fine. He is not too light, but he's also not too dark.

# 23 cthurt @ 07/17/15 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
His skin tone is fine. He is not too light, but he's also not too dark.

Yea I know he isn't light skin more of a light brown but the pic looks like he is sun burned to an almost red skin tone, not a big deal since the face is accurate.

# 24 Steve_OS @ 07/17/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Is that the PS4 version of Live 15, because the Xbox One colors don't look like that....I noticed most of the comparison shots are using PS4 Live 15 images and skintones, etc are terrible...
Yup, grabbed it from the PS4.

# 25 grodbetatted @ 07/17/15 09:06 AM
one thing I really like about the damian lillard screen shot is the ball. A lot of people talk about how the ball doesn't look right, but fail to say that about NBA2k even though 2k's ball looks like it was left out in the rain. This ball looks the right color the right texture and everything.

# 26 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/17/15 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTWOKAL
The reason people say it's "PS3 or whatever" is because these are close up screen shots and once thegame starts with 5v5 gameplay all these amazing graphics just all go out the window. Imo

Yeah I think that too some of that awe is lost in full 5 v 5. But this is one of those games that looks so much better in 1080p on your screen instead of on YouTube quality .

# 27 Tonyattia @ 07/17/15 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTWOKAL

No I've seen people calling the Westbrook, lebron, jr smith screens cartoonish or last gen. They're probably just trolling

# 28 grodbetatted @ 07/17/15 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
No I've seen people calling the Westbrook, lebron, jr smith screens cartoonish or last gen. They're probably just trolling

You know they are trolling, but then again there are those people that will say NBA Live looks like poop no matter what NBA Live puts out

# 29 scottyp180 @ 07/17/15 10:00 AM
Definitely banking on some kind of gameplay video today. Screen shots have looked great now let's see more of the gsme in action. Animation quality could make or break this game.

# 30 Behindshadows @ 07/17/15 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup, grabbed it from the PS4.
Yeah I noticed the colors in the PS4 version are washed out or wrong on most players even some of the faces are different....I guess EA's contract with Xbox One is making them different.

Here is how the Xbox One Looks

NBA Live 15 (Xbox One) - Top image of each comparison

NBA Live 16 - Bottom image of each comparison

# 31 iLLWiLL @ 07/17/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Yeah I noticed the colors in the PS4 version are washed out or wrong on most players even some of the faces are different....I guess EA's contract with Xbox One is making them different.

Here is how the Xbox One Looks

NBA Live 15 (Xbox One) - Top image of each comparison

NBA Live 16 - Bottom image of each comparison

Could the PS4 photo capturing software be compressing their images? Or, on the same TV, does the XB1 version just look better than the PS4 version?

At any rate, I popped in Live 15 last night for the first time in a while, and IMO those graphics were nothing to sleep on. It's actually a fantastic looking game, and in many ways is graphically far superior (the courts, reflections, crowds, the lighting) to 2K. So I can't even imagine how amazing Live 16 is going to look with these upgraded scans, lighting, and jerseys!

# 32 Behindshadows @ 07/17/15 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Could the PS4 photo capturing software be compressing their images? Or, on the same TV, does the XB1 version just look better than the PS4 version?

At any rate, I popped in Live 15 last night for the first time in a while, and IMO those graphics were nothing to sleep on. It's actually a fantastic looking game, and in many ways is graphically far superior (the courts, reflections, crowds, the lighting). So I can't even imagine how amazing Live 16 is going to look with these upgraded scans, lighting, and jerseys!
No I posted a few videos on YouTube of EA Sports games PS4 vs Xbox One using identical capture device. And people in the comment section kept asking me why the PS4 versions looked watched out.

I don't have Live 15 on both, but Madden, FIFA, BF Hardline, etc I do....and there is definitely something wrong with PS4's colors.

# 33 cthurt @ 07/17/15 02:26 PM
Quote:
No I posted a few videos on YouTube of EA Sports games PS4 vs Xbox One using identical capture device. And people in the comment section kept asking me why the PS4 versions looked watched out.

I don't have Live 15 on both, but Madden, FIFA, BF Hardline, etc I do....and there is definitely something wrong with PS4's colors.

Not to derail the subject but do you have your PS4 display settings RGB at limited or full?? Full gives the colors a lot more pop and full color.

# 34 Behindshadows @ 07/17/15 02:34 PM
Quote:
Not to derail the subject but do you have your PS4 display settings RGB at limited or full?? Full gives the colors a lot more pop and full color.
Full and I do video editing I know how to get the best picture, and running 4K Asus Monitors during recordings.

# 35 iLLWiLL @ 07/17/15 02:36 PM
Quote:
Full and I do video editing I know how to get the best picture, and running 4K Asus Monitors during recordings.
Damn. This sucks, as I have PS4. EA's partnership with Microsoft is definitely benefiting XB1 ...

# 36 LeBron_On_Mars @ 07/17/15 02:41 PM

# 37 Behindshadows @ 07/17/15 02:44 PM
Quote:
Damn. This sucks, as I have PS4. EA's partnership with Microsoft is definitely benefiting XB1 ...
Check your PM's

# 38 cthurt @ 07/17/15 02:49 PM
Quote:

How does it suck my friend, you just said you played Live 15 on your PS4 and you said it looked fantastic, now if it played better on the xbox 1 then that would suck, other then that as long as you like how it looks on your tv its all good right??

# 39 iLLWiLL @ 07/17/15 03:34 PM
Quote:
How does it suck my friend, you just said you played Live 15 on your PS4 and you said it looked fantastic, now if it played better on the xbox 1 then that would suck, other then that as long as you like how it looks on your tv its all good right??
lol. No, I know, you are right. I just have a 'maximizer' personality, I like knowing I have the best thing possible. PS4 is the more powerful system and nearly all multi-platform games look & perform better on it than XB1, so I was surprised to hear that EA games look a little better for XB1.

# 40 grodbetatted @ 07/17/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
lol. No, I know, you are right. I just have a 'maximizer' personality, I like knowing I have the best thing possible. PS4 is the more powerful system and nearly all multi-platform games look & perform better on it than XB1, so I was surprised to hear that EA games look a little better for XB1.
its crazy that most games perform better on ps4, but the creators of the witcher were able to get it to perform better on xb1... i personally have both systems but prefer xbox1 more bang for you buck in terms of capabilities

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.