Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

GameStop Madden Mondays have returned. Today's video showcases the new Draft Champions mode.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BleedGreen710 @ 07/20/15 12:37 PM
dang thought this was gonna show the rookie ratings

didn't learn much from the video that I didn't already know from the other draft champions videos. how many do we need? lol. they are really trying to hype up this new mode...

# 2 iLLWiLL @ 07/20/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
dang thought this was gonna show the rookie ratings

didn't learn much from the video that I didn't already know from the other draft champions videos. how many do we need? lol. they are really trying to hype up this new mode...

I won't even really touch it (Draft Champions mode). Wish EA would stick to their claims that they want to get core gameplay right before they add stuff like equipment & things people have been asking for, but instead they go off adding modes like this. So now we'll have Madden Ultimate Team and Draft Champions -- 2 modes that I will never play... Oh well, others will play & enjoy it.

# 3 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/20/15 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I won't even really touch it (Draft Champions mode). Wish EA would stick to their claims that they want to get core gameplay right before they add stuff like equipment & things people have been asking for, but instead they go off adding modes like this. So now we'll have Madden Ultimate Team and Draft Champions -- 2 modes that I will never play... Oh well, others will play & enjoy it.
I'll play draft champions, it's what MUT should be.

- Short Term Outlook
- Not a Money Grab
- No Contracts/Jersey/Stadium cards
- No Collections
- About winning and losing
- No way to purchase cards w/ actual money
- Doesn't allow you to do an entire roster
- No duplicate players

Hopefully, no kids.

I'll play online cfm near exclusively, but I'll give draft Champions a shot. Looks like a great idea.

# 4 iLLWiLL @ 07/20/15 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
I could care less about a mode that puts cam newton as the QB for the patriots..... If I wanted to play fantasy football I would absolutely never in a million years do it on Madden. EA seriously needs to get someone in that office that will start slappin these guys as soon as these ideas get spit out. "I thought of this really cool mode that we can add that will be a complete waste of time called Draft Cham..." SLAP!!!
Agreed.

I got my preorder for M16 down already. But I am seeing more and more that this development team just does not get it...

# 5 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/20/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013

- Short Term Outlook
- Not a Money Grab
- No Collections
- No duplicate players

Hopefully, no kids.

I'll play online cfm near exclusively, but I'll give draft Champions a shot. Looks like a great idea.
Quote:
Agreed.

I got my preorder for M16 down already. But I am seeing more and more that this development team just does not get it...
This doesn't mean I want draft champions, I too would love them to put all time and effort on CFM and gameplay before all else, but since its in the game, I'll try it out. Will keep it fresh for me.

# 6 khaliib @ 07/20/15 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
I could care less about a mode that puts cam newton as the QB for the patriots..... If I wanted to play fantasy football I would absolutely never in a million years do it on Madden. EA seriously needs to get someone in that office that will start slappin these guys as soon as these ideas get spit out. "I thought of this really cool mode that we can add that will be a complete waste of time called Draft Cham..." SLAP!!!
This just made me laugh!!!

I'm picturing a Ren-n-Stimpy episode.

Back on topic!!!

# 7 iLLWiLL @ 07/20/15 02:12 PM
Quote:
This doesn't mean I want draft champions, I too would love them to put all time and effort on CFM and gameplay before all else, but since its in the game, I'll try it out. Will keep it fresh for me.
Nah I know you didn't say you wanted it. Then again I didn't hear anyone saying "You know what would be cool? A mode where you do a fantasy draft every few games that you play!" last year either.

These are just my frustrations. On one hand, I want to believe EA when they say they wanted to get the core gameplay right this year which was why they could not get alot of the minute details ("the little things" that make games like The Show and NBA2K great) into this year's game.

But then they go and waste time & resources on modes that no one even asked for. It's puzzling.

And the question still remains -- will the core gameplay even be tight after all this?

# 8 jfsolo @ 07/20/15 02:39 PM
The gameplay team talks about what they are trying to accomplish with resources available to them. They have no control over the decision by other departments or by superiors when it comes to the decision to implement new modes.

It's not for me, but I predict that Draft Champions will become the first or second most popular mode in the game, and keep casual players playing longer and make them more likely to buy the game in the future. That would make it a genius move that DC was introduce into the game, regardless of the believe that this wasn't a requested mode.

Many of us here may be upset at having less resources available for the things that we care about, but that is always going to be the reality of any AAA, annual release, sports title.

# 9 apollon42 @ 07/20/15 02:52 PM
I know they say that they aggressive catch won't be OP but I've seen that Odell Beckham diving catch more than I care to see and the game isn't even out.

# 10 iamgramps @ 07/20/15 03:06 PM
I was a huge supporter of MUT, but financially I just couldn't keep up to compete. So, I abandoned the entire mode. Draft Champions, however, is perfect for me; I think I'll enjoy it. No stacked teams, play with elite players for free, etc. This will be cool, in my opinion.

# 11 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/20/15 03:32 PM
While we might not want this guys, these modes are a huge part for casual fans that are by far outweighing us sim gamers. They would lose a lot of sales without these modes.

# 12 Iamloch @ 07/20/15 03:36 PM
Hope they fixed the cap situation from last yr cfm it always seemed like ur cap started over each yr should b like real life where u have to make tough choices about who u resign or not

# 13 Iamloch @ 07/20/15 03:37 PM
Would also b neat if draft champions could b used in cfm great mode but not used correctly

# 14 Datninja619 @ 07/20/15 03:50 PM
Quote:

- Short Term Outlook
- Not a Money Grab
- No Collections
- No duplicate players

Hopefully, no kids.

This is my exact reason for wanting to play this new mode. I only like MUT, because I enjoy the fantasy football aspect of playing with any player I like. I can create a team players that were with the Chargers like Vincent Jackson, Sproles, Cro, etc.

I lose that freedom of picking the exact player I want, but I gain not feeling the need to HAVE to spend money (I admit I have) or my life to be competitive online.

# 15 King Cardinal @ 07/20/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The gameplay team talks about what they are trying to accomplish with resources available to them. They have no control over the decision by other departments or by superiors when it comes to the decision to implement new modes.

It's not for me, but I predict that Draft Champions will become the first or second most popular mode in the game, and keep casual players playing longer and make them more likely to buy the game in the future. That would make it a genius move that DC was introduce into the game, regardless of the believe that this wasn't a requested mode.

Many of us here may be upset at having less resources available for the things that we care about, but that is always going to be the reality of any AAA, annual release, sports title.
Also, the card database will update as MUT goes by (I think, right?) so you have much more card variety during the drafts. That means no scamming, Pay-to-Win, and much more skill intensive than MUT.

# 16 Number999 @ 07/20/15 05:48 PM
"Meh" is all I have to say.

Maybe Madden just isn't for me anymore but is it just me who enjoys a good old fashioned in-depth as hell franchise mode? I don't care about having Peyton Manning or using old legends... let me have my 3rd string RB who nobody has ever heard of fighting to make the roster... that's 100x more compelling than everybody playing with the same superstars.

Also, the part where he says that "Draft a legend QB, make sure you surround him with weapons" is 100% wrong no? Don't legend QBs make players around them better? Why not focus on protecting him with a beast offensive line and strong defense so he'll make his RBs and WRs better ala what Brady does in real life... maybe I'm just nit-picking though.

# 17 noplace @ 07/20/15 06:34 PM
Man they are shoving this down our throats... Something new please..!!!

# 18 fitz2k2 @ 07/20/15 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This just made me laugh!!!

I'm picturing a Ren-n-Stimpy episode.

Back on topic!!!

Lol. This utter waste of time. Why not focus on my player interaction? Show coaches getting angry at there qb for throwing a pick like a stare down. Why not show the bus where players come down and walk through tunnel. Why not have a player ejected for doing something stupid in the game like nfl players do? This entire forum can make madden x10 better ,but ea as yrs past ignores our request.

# 19 SageInfinite @ 07/20/15 07:18 PM
It would be a cool mode if the legends and different players actually were unique. There's nothing that stands out between a legend and a highly rated player of today that makes them unique on the field. There just isn't enough personality in Madden as of now for me to even entertain a mode like this.

# 20 SageInfinite @ 07/20/15 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I don't think they even know what the legends look like, much less know how they played.

They give you a skinny Vince Lombardi, and a thin as a rail Bo Jackson. And despite people making fun of them on Twitter for that sloppy work, it doesn't appear that they're doing anything about it, because Terrell Davis is in the game in this DC mode and yet he looks nothing like Terrell Davis. Wrong helmet, wrong facemask, wrong shoulder pads, wrong jersey fit.

It's amazing what they're getting away with by not having any competitors in the market. My question is, where is the pride? If you're going to add these guys, do it right, or don't do it at all.
The fans don't care, and will go out their way to defend it so, it is what it is. They're getting what they want and what they deserve, so it's all good.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.