Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed the top 10 Madden NFL 16 rookie ratings, along with a video of some of those rookies reacting to their ratings.

Below are the top 10 rookies in Madden NFL 16. More ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Amari Cooper (82 OVR)
  • Jameis Winston (81 OVR)
  • Todd Gurley (80 OVR)
  • Leonard Williams (80 OVR)
  • Brandon Scherff (80 OVR)
  • Dante Fowler (79 OVR)
  • Melvin Gordon (78 OVR)
  • Kevin White (78 OVR)
  • Marcus Mariota (78 OVR)
  • Vic Beasley (77 OVR)

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Number999 @ 07/21/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOS1181
What does RG3 have to do with anything?

I dont want to get into anything with anyone but you specifically mentioned Tannehills 3rd year in the NFL and Winstons 18 INTs last year against " college " defenses. And I countered with Tannehills final college year and his poor rookie season.

Of course Winston has to prove he can play as every rookie in the draft does every single year. But you are all over the place trying to disguise your dislike of a player.

Lets get back on topic about ratings.
What point are you trying to make? He's not debating if Winston will be better than Tannehill's rookie year, he's debating that what Tannehill proved last season warrants him being well rated above Winston, which is a clearly fair statement considering Jameis hasn't done anything.

But NDAlum already told us to get off this topic so that's all I have left to say.

# 82 fmw32 @ 07/21/15 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOS1181
And Tannehill threw 15 his final year in college. Big whoop? I am sure Winston will have a better year Tannehills first year of 12 TDs and 13 TDs.

Anyway I think Winstons ratings are about right. I think people will be surprised at how well he moves despite his 40 time.
That's what I mean don't just look at the tape it doesn't lie. He still has to prove it obviously but he's a better prospect than Tannehill already

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

# 83 DCEBB2001 @ 07/21/15 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmw32
That's what I mean don't just look at the tape it doesn't lie. He still has to prove it obviously but he's a better prospect than Tannehill already
Well I don't rate players like EA, but here are the grades I have for each of them:

Tannehill: 6.33
Winston: 5.98

I wouldn't say that Winston is better than Tannehill yet based on my scouting sources.

# 84 fmw32 @ 07/21/15 11:07 PM
I guess that's fair only until Winston proves it on the field

# 85 Playmakers @ 07/22/15 02:50 AM
Quote:
Winston should be at least an 83

I've never understood why people debate if a guy should be 1-2 points higher in his overall.

It's not like he's going to play any better or any worse because of that small difference. I mean seriously when you play the game this year i can gurantee you at no time wil you think about winston throwing a incomplete pass because ea rated him a 81 instead of 83 overall.

if he was a 75 overall he'd still most ikely perform as if he was rated higher because chances are the only difference between him being a 75 and 81 is his speed probably being boosted up just to get him to a certain point to satisfy the order of the rosters for ranking purposes.

He's still going to throw the same passes with the same type of accuracy regardless of that 2 point difference you suggested.

# 86 fmw32 @ 07/22/15 04:26 AM
I agree with that

# 87 Sheba2011 @ 07/22/15 05:49 AM
Quote:
I didn't say he was more athletic than Tannehill I said he was a better quarterback. I don't know about you but I'd rather have Winston than Tannehill hands down

I would much rather have the guy who has actually appeared in an NFL game and has proven he can be successful. I have seen one too many first round QB busts to take a rookie over a proven young QB. Ask me again in a few years and my answer could change. But as of today I would take Tanny all day long and I am a Patriots fan, I despise the Dolphins.

# 88 fmw32 @ 07/22/15 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I would much rather have the guy who has actually appeared in an NFL game and has proven he can be successful. I have seen one too many first round QB busts to take a rookie over a proven young QB. Ask me again in a few years and my answer could change. But as of today I would take Tanny all day long and I am a Patriots fan, I despise the Dolphins.
Successful?

# 89 Sheba2011 @ 07/22/15 08:00 AM
Quote:
Successful?

Means to have had success. He has thrown for at least 3000 yards in every seasons he has been in the league. He was 87 yards shy of having two 4000 yard seasons in his short career. In back to back seasons he has managed to throw for 24 or more TD's. That is the mark of a good young QB.

Jamies Winston has thrown for 0 yards, 0 TD's and has yet to prove he can actually play in the NFL.

# 90 fmw32 @ 07/22/15 08:03 AM
So is making the playoffs. If all he has to do is throw 3000 yards in a pass happy league then I think that's something he can do given the weapons he has

# 91 Sheba2011 @ 07/22/15 08:28 AM
Quote:
So is making the playoffs. If all he has to do is throw 3000 yards in a pass happy league then I think that's something he can do given the weapons he has

This is just derailing the thread more and more. This is about rookie ratings not about a rookie vs an established player. In your eyes Winston is the greatest QB in the NFL, in everyone elses eyes he is an unproven rookie. It's pointless to continue this debate. Let's get back on topic.

# 92 bloobloouk @ 07/23/15 12:53 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-rating-wrong
Winston's tongue in cheek response to the ratings reveal is worth a watch :-)

# 93 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-rating-wrong
Winston's tongue in cheek response to the ratings reveal is worth a watch :-)

This is exactly why we need professional data.

Egos are way too big (and yes, I know it is tongue in cheek, but still).

# 94 DorianDonP @ 07/24/15 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The biggest thing that jumped out to me was Winston's speed being overrated he ran 4.97 at the combine and has a 73 speed and 81 agility. He wasn't a threat to run the ball in college either as in 2 years he has 258 yards, 7 TD and under 2 yards a carry. With his size and strength numbers he will be a threat to pick up more yards in the game then in real life
Sorry to bump the old thread but just wanted to respond to this post.

As someone mentioned in this thread, the stats are skewed a bit because sacks subtract from the rushing output in college. Without factoring in sacks, Winston rushed for 650 yards in two seasons. He got sacked a lot.

Winston is a pocket QB, but some of his best qualities is his ability to elude pressure and move within the pocket. He may not time well, but he moves around the field with solid athleticism. He can pick up first downs with his legs. He's not Mariota or anything but 73 speed/81 agility doesn't seem overly inflated.

Spoiler

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.