Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Visual Concepts' weekly NBA 2K Twitch stream just released some tidbits on how the MyTEAM game mode has changed for NBA 2K16.

According to hosts Ronnie2K and LD2K, there will be five card tiers this year, which are only based on a player's overall rating:

1) Bronze
2) Silver
3) Gold
4) Amethyst
5) Diamond

The specific rating ranges for these tiers will be revealed at a later date.

Cards will also come with different themes, and three of those themes were detailed today (more will be announced later):

1) "Day One" theme -- The attribute ratings on these cards won't ever change, as they will be based on the initial roster that ships with NBA 2K16.

2) "Green" theme -- The attribute ratings on these cards will automatically change based on the game's regular roster updates. You will receive three of these cards just for preordering NBA 2K16.

3) "Special Moment" theme -- Whenever current NBA players produce buzzworthy moments in the upcoming season, Visual Concepts will create special edition cards featuring boosted attribute ratings. So if Kyrie Irving scores 50 points in a game again next year, he could get a Special Moment card with increased shooting and scoring attributes. You will be able to sell these cards on the auction house. Ronnie and Chris also hinted that these cards might be used as locker codes, or might possibly be in-game rewards that you have to earn/unlock.

The "Special Moment" Michael Jordan card (pictured at the top of this post) you'll receive for preordering the Jordan Edition of NBA 2K16 will have attribute ratings based off MJ's first career NBA game.

Pink Diamond cards will not be back for NBA 2K16, though locker codes will still exist in some form.

The auction house will be returning, though no specific changes or improvements were mentioned.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KingTocco @ 07/21/15 07:45 PM
Lmao Amethyst, I bet you half of the people don't even know what that is.

Everything else sounds great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 start it up @ 07/21/15 08:03 PM
Dynamic ratings are pretty cool. Assuming 2k updates them every 2 weeks or so. Keeps the auction house fresh.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 3 start it up @ 07/21/15 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Lmao Amethyst, I bet you half of the people don't even know what that is.

Everything else sounds great though.

The first non Pokémon color 2k has used

# 4 sjwalters09 @ 07/21/15 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by start it up
The first non Pokémon color 2k has used

I laughed hard at that one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

# 5 jyoung @ 07/21/15 09:34 PM
Here's the box score for Michael Jordan's first NBA game:

Points = 16
Field goals = 5 for 16, .313%
Three pointers = 0 attempted
Free throws = 6 for 7, .857%
Rebounds = 6
Assists = 7

So his jump shooting won't be very good, but I could easily see people abusing him as a dunk-first, drive-and-dish point guard if positional restrictions aren't enforced again in 2K16. The MJ at PG cheese needs to end this year. Otherwise all the people who preorder this special edition will have a huge leg up on the rest of the community.

# 6 Cowboy008 @ 07/21/15 09:47 PM
Not really into MyTeam but glad for those who are that they got some info today.

# 7 AdmiralAckbar @ 07/21/15 10:36 PM
I'm definitely glad that they are enforcing positional restrictions. Kevin Durant could play both SF/PF in real life, but he should be penalized for playing PF since it isn't his primary position.

# 8 mykull85 @ 07/22/15 12:04 AM
Only tried out My Team because the Online Leagues didn't allow for custom rosters for a period of time. It wasn't a bad mode but I never wanted to play people online because it had a large pay to win component. Playing it solo, not spending any money while using the mobile app to get coins made it a fun campaign of sorts.

# 9 QNo @ 07/22/15 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Did they say anything about that Jordan card? Didn't he drop 30 in his nba debut?

If everyone has a 90+ overall Jordan from day one the game is already ruined.

# 10 Proven_Winner @ 07/22/15 09:25 AM
I wonder if they considered bringing over some old gen myteam modes like seasons. Also I think they should disable absorbing contracts from you if all you're doing is playing domination or challenges.

# 11 mykull85 @ 07/22/15 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
My bad.

Still worried about Jordan. Everyone having a rookie Jordan right at the start is just cheese.
Anyone who doesn't mind spending money can cheese right out of the gate anyway.

# 12 KingTocco @ 07/22/15 11:14 AM
Any Ultimate Team/MyTeam mode will always have "cheese" no matter what.

That rookie Jordan card they'll give us is a cool gimmick and will be obsolete in a month or two after the game releases just like the Rookie KD was this year.

# 13 jyoung @ 07/22/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
That rookie Jordan card they'll give us is a cool gimmick and will be obsolete in a month or two after the game releases just like the Rookie KD was this year.
The '85 Jordan card was one of the best "point guards" in 2K15, due to his height and his near-max athleticism/dunking/defense ratings.

If '85 Jordan is restricted to only playing at SG in 2K16, then he won't be that effective outside of fastbreaks. But if he's allowed to play PG again this year, he's going to be a huge pain to matchup against for anyone that's trying to use a real PG.

# 14 KingTocco @ 07/22/15 01:05 PM
I agree and don't like that people do that, my main point was that there will always be a decent size portion of the player base that defies any realism and will do whatever they can to win. I'm glad 2K is enforcing restrictions. In my opinion the lineup restrictions from this year need to be completely revamped for challenges and such.

# 15 H3LLGWAR @ 07/22/15 01:20 PM
Did they mention position restrictions? I think I missed it during the stream if they did.

# 16 KingTocco @ 07/22/15 01:52 PM
Not gonna argue back and forth. Don't really see the big deal, rookie KD was still awesome to use at the beginning last year similar to how this will be.

I appreciate them giving us some cool stuff especially after this year and all the locker code nonsense and ridiculous packs they have. Also nice to see they are adding new card types similar to madden, it will make this mode have more depth and hopefully increase variety.

# 17 jrock920 @ 07/22/15 01:53 PM
i think 2k16 my team is going to be better then 2k15 no more of that pink diamond nonsense

# 18 dvazquez190 @ 07/22/15 02:17 PM
I would definitely play this mode if they tied in VC. I don't like that MyTeam has a different currency than the rest of the game modes. They should all have 1 universal currency. Like what MLB the show does with stubs. That way it would promote cohesiveness through all game modes. Plus I love playing the market on MLB the show.

# 19 KingTocco @ 07/22/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvazquez190
I would definitely play this mode if they tied in VC. I don't like that MyTeam has a different currency than the rest of the game modes. They should all have 1 universal currency. Like what MLB the show does with stubs. That way it would promote cohesiveness through all game modes. Plus I love playing the market on MLB the show.

If you played it in previous years you would understand why using VC exclusively is not s good idea. (Not trying to be rude)

You can buy packs with VC. But other than that, VC can't be used to buy players because most people would just buy tons and tons of VC to buy the best players. It would destroy the market and game.

# 20 redsox4evur @ 07/22/15 02:37 PM
Quote:
If you played it in previous years you would understand why using VC exclusively is not s good idea. (Not trying to be rude)

You can buy packs with VC. But other than that, VC can't be used to buy players because most people would just buy tons and tons of VC to buy the best players. It would destroy the market and game.

Then do what FIFA did with their price restrictions.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.