Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 6 quarterbacks in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Aaron Rodgers (99 OVR)
  • Tom Brady (97 OVR)
  • Drew Brees (95 OVR)
  • Ben Roethlisberger (95 OVR)
  • Andrew Luck (94 OVR)
  • Tony Romo (93 OVR) - (via NFL)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Number999 @ 07/23/15 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP 17
This notion that anyone can accurately decrypt 2000 players into 50 ratings categories is ridiculous. An NFL scout couldn't give a breakdown to the precise number. The madden Ratings scale has been in existence for decades. Also a 99 is just a 99 for this particular title, it doesn't mean they are supposing that Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT. He certainly is however the best QB today, probably the best player in the NFL, hence his rating. We do not need Dan, EA has done just fine. And lastly, if u don't like EA's ratings, they allow u to EDIT!!! But if u think these FGB ratings are more accurate than EA, clearly u are just drinking the kool-aid. After seeing his top 5 QB's, u can take his rosters and put them in the toilet.
No one's debating if EA can do it accurately, it just gets boring having the numbers for all these guys not mean anything at the end of the day. The actual on product gameplay is what matters, and it's quite clear that for people who want a simulation experience while having and enjoyable one as well are huge fans of the FGB ratings. It's this kind of thinking that EA doesn't need help that leads to micro-changes through a whole year's cycle.

# 82 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
His ratings allow for the game to play more accurately to the real NFL. You should actually try them before you talk crap about them. And JJ Watt is the best player in the NFL.
http://www.fbgratings.com/members/top50.php

Yup, I have JJ on top, too.

# 83 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 10:32 AM
Quote:
This notion that anyone can accurately decrypt 2000 players into 50 ratings categories is ridiculous. An NFL scout couldn't give a breakdown to the precise number. The madden Ratings scale has been in existence for decades. Also a 99 is just a 99 for this particular title, it doesn't mean they are supposing that Aaron Rodgers is the GOAT. He certainly is however the best QB today, probably the best player in the NFL, hence his rating. We do not need Dan, EA has done just fine. And lastly, if u don't like EA's ratings, they allow u to EDIT!!! But if u think these FGB ratings are more accurate than EA, clearly u are just drinking the kool-aid. After seeing his top 5 QB's, u can take his rosters and put them in the toilet.

Actually, NFL scouts DO have the ability to break down MORE than 50 categories for NFL players. There are as many as 15 different categories for 8 different position groups and . That's 120 different attributes for any NFL player if you do things the way that Madden does (having all attributes for all players regardless of position). Scouts have that ability. If you want me to list them all, I will, just to prove you wrong. They have been, and likely always will be, able to break down a precise number for any and all players that they grade.

What FBG does is simply interpolate the raw scouting data. Read the FAQ page for more info on that and get educated.

# 84 Yukon46 @ 07/23/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Someone is drinking some Kool-Aid, that is for sure. Some EA Kool-Aid.

First... EA does not use a real system, that is evident.... and why so many people argue against the ratings.... some make no sense whatsoever.
And for decades ? Not even close.

And in the FBG system, Rodgers is by far the best QB.... what is your argument ?

The CFM's are setup to repeat the over-rated base roster....you can NOT Edit that.

Keep playing on that 75-99 rating scale.......
so every player feels and plays the same...

# 85 coogrfan @ 07/23/15 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
http://www.fbgratings.com/members/ratings.php?genpos=QB

I would love to hear how FBG arrived at the conclusion that Romo is the 16th best QB in the league, behind the likes of Stafford, Kaepernick, Foles and Alex Smith.

# 86 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
http://www.fbgratings.com/members/ratings.php?genpos=QB

I would love to hear how FBG arrived at the conclusion that Romo is the 16th best QB in the league, behind the likes of Stafford, Kaepernick, Foles and Alex Smith.
First of all, it wasn't me who gave him that grade. This scouting department did.

He is currently on an injury hold of 0.5 (likely because of his back). That has modified his overall grade from an 8.06 to a 6.35. If you remove the injury hold, he jumps up to #4 overall.

# 87 briz1046 @ 07/23/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
First of all, it wasn't me who gave him that grade. This scouting department did.

He is currently on an injury hold of 0.5 (likely because of his back). That has modified his overall grade from an 8.06 to a 6.35. If you remove the injury hold, he jumps up to #4 overall.
This is just a suggestion so feel free to ignore it but whilst I understand the purpose of injury/ suspension factors in real life , I feel for the purposes of madden rosters their inclusion is unnecessary at least in base rosters
Maybe an injury designation and a bracketed suggested
minus figure or similar would better suite to avoid confusion?
Just a suggestion, but I feel this would help those of us who use your site for editing our own rosters

# 88 charter04 @ 07/23/15 11:10 AM
Quote:

So the game plays like a way to fast arcade game where there is not much difference of teams because EA rates to many players 90 overall or higher and half the league with 90+ speed but, EA has done just fine? Lol Ok.

Plus how are we going to edit online ranked games or an online CFM where we just have to use the current roster available?

How is EA's way of rating players accurate? How do they decide how to rate players?

# 89 charter04 @ 07/23/15 11:16 AM
Also guys to caught up in the overall with EA's and FBG rosters. You really have to look at the actual ratings. The way EA's overall rating works gives too much or to little weight to certain attributes.

# 90 GameBreaker35 @ 07/23/15 11:17 AM
Some of the critics of Dan's system I will just never understand. The way the rating system is now, there are only three tiers of players. There are C grade players (70 - 79), there are B grade players (80 -89), and finally the elite A grade players (90-99). Basically, that is it. That is very far from how real scouts grade players as Dan will point out to you. Many of you are comparing Madden ratings to educational grading systems used in the U.S. (I.E. <60 = Failing). FBG ratings are not set up that way though, and 60 is actually a pretty competent starter with ratings. What Dan's system does is compare REAL data form REAL people who make REAL money rating REAL players in the REAL NFL today - meaning they know more about player rating than you, me, Dan, and especially EA Sports.

So what many of you are trying to say is that you know more about player rating than the scouts that do this for a living at the highest level of the sport. That is what really gets me more than anything.

# 91 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
This is just a suggestion so feel free to ignore it but whilst I understand the purpose of injury/ suspension factors in real life , I feel for the purposes of madden rosters their inclusion is unnecessary at least in base rosters
Maybe an injury designation and a bracketed suggested
minus figure or similar would better suite to avoid confusion?
Just a suggestion, but I feel this would help those of us who use your site for editing our own rosters

Here is the issue:

The attribute grades are not affected by the injury/suspension modifier. Waht is affected is the OVR grade only. However, since EA works with this darn OVR in their game, I have to have it. When a player's OVR changes during the course of the season, I don't have access to the data that tells me WHY it is changing, just that it IS changing (either + or -). The large data dump I get every offseason is the only time I get everything (because the attributes don't really change in value a ton, just the production or injury modifiers).

The result is that I have to stick to the OVR score to show that players are either getting better or getting worse, knowing full well that it is more than likely that the attributes are not immediately changing, but instead their production values are changing (incrementally during the season).

What you will typically see, is that once players get back to playing (and not in the offseason like now), the injury modifiers will go away or will be greatly diminished.

All of this leaves us with 2 options:

1. You include the production and injury modifiers in real time to reflect accurate changes in a player's ability and adhere to the OVR.

2. You don't include the modifiers and rate players only based upon their attributes and disregard the OVR.

I tried number 2 in the past and people complained...LOUDLY because the formulas for how the scouts determine a good player are so different from how EA does it.

If I rated Wes Welker by just his attributes, his grade is 5.83 according to the scouting formula. But if I rate him just by his attributes and throw him into Madden, his OVR would like 56 instead of 76. Why? The formulas in EA's system are so different from that of the scouting data. The attributes are weighted differently.

What I would really need to do, is make the scouting formulas be equal to those in Madden, and I would have to be on the team to have a snowball's chance at that. Until then, the compromise is that I attempt to meet the scouting OVR grade by minimally manipulating some of the attribute grades in Madden to reach the desired overall (we are talking about a couple of points one way or the other).

As you can see, the situation is far from simple to explain and fix.

# 92 Armor and Sword @ 07/23/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
First! Just kidding.

Is Big Ben really that high???????
Big Ben had elite like numbers last season and has been criminally underrated IRL.

Guy is money.

# 93 msdm27 @ 07/23/15 11:50 AM
Quote:
Here is the issue:

The attribute grades are not affected by the injury/suspension modifier. Waht is affected is the OVR grade only. However, since EA works with this darn OVR in their game, I have to have it. When a player's OVR changes during the course of the season, I don't have access to the data that tells me WHY it is changing, just that it IS changing (either + or -). The large data dump I get every offseason is the only time I get everything (because the attributes don't really change in value a ton, just the production or injury modifiers).

The result is that I have to stick to the OVR score to show that players are either getting better or getting worse, knowing full well that it is more than likely that the attributes are not immediately changing, but instead their production values are changing (incrementally during the season).

What you will typically see, is that once players get back to playing (and not in the offseason like now), the injury modifiers will go away or will be greatly diminished.

1. You include the production and injury modifiers in real time to reflect accurate changes in a player's ability and adhere to the OVR.

2. You don't include the modifiers and rate players only based upon their attributes and disregard the OVR.

I tried number 2 in the past and people complained...LOUDLY because the formulas for how the scouts determine a good player are so different from how EA does it.

If I rated Wes Welker by just his attributes, his grade is 5.83 according to the scouting formula. But if I rate him just by his attributes and throw him into Madden, his OVR would like 56 instead of 76. Why? The formulas in EA's system are so different from that of the scouting data. The attributes are weighted differently.

What I would really need to do, is make the scouting formulas be equal to those in Madden, and I would have to be on the team to have a snowball's chance at that. Until then, the compromise is that I attempt to meet the scouting OVR grade by minimally manipulating some of the attribute grades in Madden to reach the desired overall (we are talking about a couple of points one way or the other).

Very thorough explanation I reckon a progressive injury system would be almost a MUST add-on to your ratings if they were to be implemented? That would add a realistic dynamic to CFM and would likely make it easier for gamers to understand how overall ratings break down.

In the end, I find it really hard to believe EA would ever go with a system that grades Flacco that high among QB's; this is not to discuss whether that's fair or not, but The reality is that Madden is a video game and will probably never achieve the level of realism/team chemistry required for the game to be ruled by real scout attribute/tendencies grades... This is why they have to use production (stats) as a sort of modifier to rule overall grades and then manipulate the individual attributes based on said overall.

I actually understand that problematic.

My solution would be to make production an attribute (a calculation that modifies OVR) instead of a trait so that it's easier for EA to manipulate the overall according to what's the more general audience (regular fans) and to some extent media and most analyst who actually agree in most cases about who the top players per position are without ever going into detail as to why.

What's your take on that method, Dan?

# 94 Mauer4MVP @ 07/23/15 12:02 PM
So glad Wilson didn't make the cut. Has to be the most overrated QB in the game.

# 95 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/23/15 12:02 PM
Never used the FBG ratings, but Dan is winning me over in these threads.

It's unfortunate that they won't do me any good in CFM though. Would be nice if Madden had customizable draft classes like other titles do.

# 96 Mauer4MVP @ 07/23/15 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Big Ben had elite like numbers last season and has been criminally underrated IRL.

Guy is money.
Yeah the guy is a flat out stud. I don't know he's still so underrated. He and Romo have always gotten way too much heat.

# 97 msdm27 @ 07/23/15 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Yeah the guy is a flat out stud. I don't know he's still so underrated. He and Romo have always gotten way too much heat.
Big Ben is a B.E.A.S.T! But his perceived improvement into an elite level QB only shows how football is a team game in all aspects... I'd venture to say Ben's success through the air the last couple of years is highly correlated to the improvement (both in play and health) of their OL + the rise of Antonio Brown

# 98 briz1046 @ 07/23/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
Here is the issue:

Thank you for your comprehensive reply
As a solely CFM user I can't use your ratings in their pure form but do use them as a reference point when re - rating and adding UDFAS etc for the roster I use to start my CFM, it's very much a compromise but one I can live with
Maybe one day in the future we can get more accurate , complete and/or spread out rosters by default that carry over into career modes and I can have a month of my life back every year

# 99 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Very thorough explanation I reckon a progressive injury system would be almost a MUST add-on to your ratings if they were to be implemented? That would add a realistic dynamic to CFM and would likely make it easier for gamers to understand how overall ratings break down.

In the end, I find it really hard to believe EA would ever go with a system that grades Flacco that high among QB's; this is not to discuss whether that's fair or not, but The reality is that Madden is a video game and will probably never achieve the level of realism/team chemistry required for the game to be ruled by real scout attribute/tendencies grades... This is why they have to use production (stats) as a sort of modifier to rule overall grades and then manipulate the individual attributes based on said overall.

I actually understand that problematic.

My solution would be to make production an attribute (a calculation that modifies OVR) instead of a trait so that it's easier for EA to manipulate the overall according to what's the more general audience (regular fans) and to some extent media and most analyst who actually agree in most cases about who the top players per position are without ever going into detail as to why.

What's your take on that method, Dan?

The way I see it, if production and injuries affect the OVR score as separate attributes for scouts, why wouldn't it be a part of Madden? Or, why NOT have it a part of Madden. Seems to make sense to me. The people can see why a guy like Romo, IN THE OFFSEAON, is only a 73 OVR (still very good). They can look at his injury modifier (as part of the OVR grade) and make a decision to play him (risking further injury) or sit him until he gets healthy. Obviously teams take that chance in real life and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Last year, it worked for Romo, and his OVR went up. Once the season ended, it went down.

That seems to be a dynamic answer to this problem. Give the users all the data they want and let them take the risks in their own CFM.

# 100 bloobloouk @ 07/23/15 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Big Ben is a B.E.A.S.T! But his perceived improvement into an elite level QB only shows how football is a team game in all aspects... I'd venture to say Ben's success through the air the last couple of years is highly correlated to the improvement (both in play and health) of their OL + the rise of Antonio Brown
This is the inherent problem whenever you try to grade anyone in a team sport, regardless of the system used. If you take Aaron Rodgers, put him behind an o-line comprised of toddlers and ask him to throw to a partially sighted receiving corps he'd look absolutely awful. He's still an incredibly talented QB but you never get to see it because he's either sacked immediately or you see the ball bounce off a WRs head the odd time he manages to scramble away.

I have a great deal of respect for the work that scouts do, but ultimately assessing players is an art not a science. If you could always perfectly project a player by following a strict fomula then we wouldn't have draft busts, and Brady and Romo would have been 1st round picks.

EAs system is far from perfect and I'd prefer to use some variant of the FBG ratings, but to say we can ever achieve perfection is to delude ourselves.

EDIT: Oh, and no one can pretend that everyone would see through the hypothetical Rodgers scenario above and would still praise him as a player. Lambeau would be full of people baying for blood!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.