Home
NHL 15 News Post

NHL 15 title update 1.06 is available now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, in preparation for the NHL 16 EASHL beta, scheduled to arrive on July 30.

EA is investigating the file size differences being seen on Xbox One (21GB) and PlayStation 4 (1.8GB).

UPDATE: Official message from EA Sports on the file size issue.

Quote:
Today we released an NHL 15 patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One which enables players to download the NHL 16 EASHL beta on July 30. This patch is a requirement if you wish to take part in the beta or play online in NHL 15.

Unfortunately the file size of the patch was larger than expected for Xbox One, so we recommend leaving yourself ample time to download the file before the beta is available to play next Thursday. We have looked into this issue and have determined that we cannot make adjustments to the size of this patch without risking beta access to Xbox One players on July 30.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 spidertour02 @ 07/23/15 09:31 PM
Even 1.8GB is friggin' HUGE for such a minor update. I don't get it.

# 2 ericromain @ 07/23/15 09:43 PM
How do you figure it's a minor update? i'd imagine the game play aspect of the game is a majority of what's under the hood, That's what you're getting. The size seems about right to me.

# 3 06woz @ 07/23/15 10:01 PM
The reason he probably thinks that is because this update allows you to download the beta, it is not the beta itself.

# 4 spidertour02 @ 07/24/15 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
The reason he probably thinks that is because this update allows you to download the beta, it is not the beta itself.
Exactly. Either something is amiss, or they included some things needed for the beta itself and didn't mention it for some reason.

# 5 crankybaker @ 07/24/15 05:00 AM
FYI.

Unfortunately the file size of the patch was larger than expected for Xbox One, so we recommend leaving yourself ample time to download the file before the beta is available to play next Thursday. We have looked into this issue and have determined that we cannot make adjustments to the size of this patch without risking beta access to Xbox One players on July 30. .

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10344925.page -- For the link.

So yeah good luck everyone with the 21gb update

# 6 bigwill33 @ 07/24/15 06:11 AM
So all of this was a surprise to EA? Doesn't exactly leave me feeling the most confident over how this will all play out.

Downloaded the update tonight on Xbone. After, played a handful of OTP games. Half of them were super laggy. Never have experienced lag like that for Xbone games yet. Hope their servers can handle all of this.

# 7 Money99 @ 07/24/15 07:08 AM
Has anyone DL'd the update? Any thoughts?

# 8 Steve_OS @ 07/24/15 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
There won't be any thoughts on this particular update, since it is only used as preparation for the NHL 16 EASHL beta. Impressions will be seen on July 30, which is the day the beta releases.

# 9 speedtrucker @ 07/24/15 09:53 AM
thats why my XB1 was working this morning... didn't want to waste time turning it on to see what was downloading but now I know.

and crap 21gb?!? think I'll be at 99% after today.

# 10 SinisterAlex @ 07/24/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
So all of this was a surprise to EA? Doesn't exactly leave me feeling the most confident over how this will all play out.

Downloaded the update tonight on Xbone. After, played a handful of OTP games. Half of them were super laggy. Never have experienced lag like that for Xbone games yet. Hope their servers can handle all of this.
I don't own an Xbox One but I've heard that sometimes on Xbox the updates glitch out causing you to redownload a large portion of the game again, and even sometimes redownloading the whole game like AC: Unity.

# 11 Turbojugend @ 07/24/15 11:10 AM
What I want to know is how in the hell does a pipeline to a separate download end up being nearly 2 gigs? Doesn't EA realize these consoles ship with tiny hard drives?

# 12 LighttheLamp @ 07/24/15 05:28 PM
How do I know if I downloaded the update on xbox one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 13 JJMarley @ 07/24/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Had the update yesterday morning on Xbox One. (21gb)
Took a whole day for mine to download. Played a game today in vs but OTP kept crashing the first few times.

# 14 BTW8892 @ 07/24/15 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LighttheLamp
How do I know if I downloaded the update on xbox one?

You wouldn't be able to start up your game unless you installed it, and it would pop up immediately after you boot the game. Do you have background downloading on at all? If you do, it may have automatically downloaded/installed itself without you even knowing.

# 15 LighttheLamp @ 07/24/15 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892
You wouldn't be able to start up your game unless you installed it, and it would pop up immediately after you boot the game. Do you have background downloading on at all? If you do, it may have automatically downloaded/installed itself without you even knowing.
Ok awesome thanks for the reply

# 16 adayinthelife @ 07/24/15 07:41 PM
21GB on Xbone?! Geeze. I guess it's par for '15, going out with a bang.

I am at least quite interested in this beta. Good on them for doing this now vs. testing live at launch, though I do hope we still get a standard demo a few weeks before release the same as we have in previous years.

# 17 VTKombat @ 07/27/15 09:09 AM
I think I read there will be no demo. Pay 5 bucks a month for the terrific ea access and you can try before it releases.

# 18 no1xdraftpck @ 07/29/15 10:57 AM
anyone know when they actually will release the beta? Like midnight the 30th? Or sometime during the day on the 30th?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.