Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 5 tight ends in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Rob Gronkowski (99 OVR)
  • Jimmy Graham (95 OVR)
  • Jason Witten (93 OVR)
  • Greg Olsen (92 OVR)
  • Travis Kelce (91 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ryan36 @ 07/24/15 03:26 PM
I can't wait to have Wilson rolling out throwing to Graham in the flat...

# 42 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
I'm not listening? I've asked you a mostly questions and you've ignored most of them. You're clearly getting defensive man. I understand they make the data. It should absolutely be used, and heavily, but not solely relied upon. You don't HAVE to abide by the data. Actually, doing so is your main flaw. If you watched either player last year, it would be quite obvious as to why Gronk is a much better player. Data can be very, very wrong, and you seem unwilling to account for this. If you want to use the "Real NFL front office" argument here, why not use this information the same way they do? That's the problem. What NFL front offices use as a tool to guide them in evaluation, you're using like scouting bible.

I hope EA understands this, because you don't seem to. You're system could be outstanding if you did more "scouting" of your own to account for the inaccuracies that occur with data.
Dood. I got my start in this whole endeavor as a scout for NFLDS. You likely have no idea about what it really takes to be good at it, professionally. I personally know the people that compile this data and I trust them. I have known some of them for over a decade.

Abiding by the data is the most logical thing to do because it allows me to justify every single rating on the site. The validity is sound. If you don't like that, go make your own site with your own sources. It's that simple. Nothing you say here is going to change the data or my high opinion of the people who get paid to compile it.

# 43 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think we are getting too caught up on the overall rating, honestly.
LOL do you think? People are arguing over one OVR point because they watch tons of NFL and the Top 100. Geez!

# 44 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/24/15 03:33 PM
Quote:
You go ahead and ask Tom Brady how skilled Gronk is. Uses his size mostly? I'd say he uses his insane athleticism for a man his size and his unreal hand eye coordination. This is completely outrageous, and I effing hate the Patriots. Brandon Marshall was an average number 2 WR last year. He's declined physically quite a bit, and that physicality was a huge part of his game as well.

There's simply no way anyone who watches the sport can defend ranking Marshall above some of the most dominant players to ever play their respective positions (Calvin, Gronk).
How do you judge his hand-eye coordnation over others?

BMarsh had left and right ankle injuries all of last season, and ended it with broken ribs and a collapsed lungs. I'm not sure if you know, but Ankles are going to determine a lot of success as a WR.

I'm not saying Marshall is better than Calvin, but the overall is not what they are measured by in terms of on-the-field action.

# 45 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 03:34 PM
Quote:
You go ahead and ask Tom Brady how skilled Gronk is. Uses his size mostly? I'd say he uses his insane athleticism for a man his size and his unreal hand eye coordination. This is completely outrageous, and I effing hate the Patriots. Brandon Marshall was an average number 2 WR last year. He's declined physically quite a bit, and that physicality was a huge part of his game as well.

There's simply no way anyone who watches the sport can defend ranking Marshall above some of the most dominant players to ever play their respective positions (Calvin, Gronk).
Wasn't Marshall hurt most of the year? From what I remember he had a nagging ankle injury all season as well as a concussion and broken ribs.

# 46 michapop9 @ 07/24/15 03:35 PM
I dont understand how someone can compare Marshall and Gronk and say Gronk is clearly better when Marshall is working with average qb's throughout his entire career compared to one of the best qb's ever throwing Gronk the ball. We havent seen Gronk with anyone else for an extended period of time. Belichecks system is Tight end friendly on top of that.

Marshall is working with a huge handicap right off the bat. Brandon Lafell was a nobody until he was picked up by the Patriots, take that jump in production from him and apply to Marshall, youd all be singing a different tune if that was the case, as DCEBB has said, were talking a one point difference here.

This expands on a problem with the limits EA has put on gamers, your allowed to have your own opinion on how you want to rate a player whether its a good opinion or not, the problem is you cant change it how you see fit because your not allowed to change ratings throughout a CFM that has already begun, thats going to leave alot of people unhappy.

# 47 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/24/15 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Dood. I got my start in this whole endeavor as a scout for NFLDS. You likely have no idea about what it really takes to be good at it, professionally. I personally know the people that compile this data and I trust them. I have known some of them for over a decade.

Abiding by the data is the most logical thing to do because it allows me to justify every single rating on the site. The validity is sound. If you don't like that, go make your own site with your own sources. It's that simple. Nothing you say here is going to change the data or my high opinion of the people who get paid to compile it.

Types in "Google" searches "NFL Players Rankings" everyone in top 100 gets 99, everyone else 88-98 depending on stats and 40 times only...

# 48 NDAlum @ 07/24/15 03:38 PM
Let's get back on track and discuss the thread topic. To the people arguing in the thread, take your discussion to PM if you want. Don't do it here. Thank you

# 49 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/24/15 03:41 PM
Brandon Marshall holds a record for most catches in a game... If that means anything.

Wonder where Ertz ranks!!!

# 50 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028
I was wondering how you counteract your rating to the incoming rookies "in game draft"? I mean I have seen rookies be 80-84+? Just curious I love what you do and want to use your ratings in m16 but was wondering how you are overcoming that? Wish they had the slider nba 2k has to where you can turn down the rookies quality
Well most rookies come in at around 70 at the highest, so there is a very big difference, which means that we can't use CFM with these ratings.

# 51 King Cardinal @ 07/24/15 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppya
Of course it matters its part of visual appeal. Why do you think marketing plays a part in affecting player ratings? If a fan sees that Gronkowski is rated an 82, they will obviously criticize the game.

Nobody wants to see their favorite player rated low.

Not every player is a hardcore madden player like on this forum. There has to be a compromise.
Exactly. There will be complaining no matter how the ratings are scaled. Some sort of compromise between realism (Dan's) and marketing (current) will help Madden tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppya
Stop trying to be arrogant, thats why I wrote comprimise. If you honestly dont see the flaw in your system that has Marshall Rated higher than Gronk, then you cant accept criticism.

The ratings are there to differentiate between their NFL ranking. Whatever your data says, how can you sit there and say that Marshall is a better football player than Gronkowski.
That's why "image" should determine ratings beside data. Sure, numbers never lie and having more data is a good thing, the problem is that the players maybe too underrated if only based on data itself. That's why I criticize your rating on Gronk being lower than Marshall

Quote:
Do you realize that those numbers are crazy? Or are you just blindly supporting the data? Have you watched those 2 players over the past year?

If you can't at least explain this stuff with anything more than scouting numbers, why should anyone take it seriously? You're just going to post numbers that mean nothing to anyone, and say take it or leave it? Sorry dude, but you're losing my support.
I couldn't agree more. I hope the Madden team can hire a team for just the ratings so there could be a compromise between realism and what marketing says. I feel like that is the best solution for issues in how players are rated rather than using the FBG ratings and that way both sides can get what they want (more realistic ratings for sim gamers and high ratings for marketing). Also, they can make the changes quicker and more accurately than having someone like Donny used to do. Finally, a team can more varied view on how players are rated and can help make the game better than a single person.

# 52 Mauer4MVP @ 07/24/15 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I really could care less about the aesthetic appearance. I put all my eggs into the realism basket. The goal is to see exactly how elite some of these elite players are, being very far above the average players.

Here's the top guys, overall, regardless of position:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/top100.php

This isn't meant to be a rip exactly, but you have Greenway at an 80. That isn't exactly realism. He's the worst Vikings starting linebacker.

# 53 NDAlum @ 07/24/15 05:18 PM
Next off topic post and the thread gets closed.

Dan, I respect your work but let's keep your data/information out of the EA ratings threads. You have your threads and let's try to keep them independent.

Thank you

# 54 Mauer4MVP @ 07/24/15 05:20 PM
Curious to see where Rudolph is ranked. He is solid when healthy, but that isn't very often.

Is Kelce actually that good? Or is it more the Chiefs system?

# 55 redsox4evur @ 07/24/15 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Curious to see where Rudolph is ranked. He is solid when healthy, but that isn't very often.

Is Kelce actually that good? Or is it more the Chiefs system?
I am going to hold off on judging Kelce because those KC WR's were trash last year. And Smith has to throw passes to someone and Kelce was that guy. So let's see how he does this year being the 2nd guy behind Maclin.

# 56 apollon42 @ 07/24/15 05:36 PM
no way Witten should be that high.

# 57 charter04 @ 07/24/15 05:38 PM
Sorry I made those two comments before seeing NDAlums comment

# 58 NDAlum @ 07/24/15 05:40 PM
The enthusiasm in here is great, but we can't have every ratings thread turn into FBG vs EA. Dan has been PM'd an alternate method to go by.

# 59 Brooke2011 @ 07/24/15 06:39 PM
Hey look they got Witten's sleeve color wrong again

# 60 iLLWiLL @ 07/24/15 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Hey look they got Witten's sleeve color wrong again
Last year they were dark blue. This year they look the correct color to me:

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.