Home
Rocket League News Post

If you’re anything like me, you are probably having a heck of a good time with Rocket League on the PS4. My review summarizes my thoughts in a more full manner, but the game just continues to provide that “just one more” feeling every time I play it. From the ease of which you can get in and out of matches to the party system to the customization to the dedicated servers, Rocket League just shines online.

Now, I won’t profess to be some master at the game like you may have seen on Youtube, but I’ve picked up some tricks along the way that have allowed me to generally do quite well when I play. Hopefully I can add a weapon or two to your arsenal so that you’ll be a more complete player on the pitch. Here are my ten tips to implement the next time you’re in Rocket League...

Read More - Ten Tips for Rocket League Success

Game: Rocket LeagueReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
Rocket League Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mikenoob @ 07/27/15 02:34 PM
You actually don't want to waste a double jump on an aerial. Jump once and boost into the air, you can then do a flip toward any directions for any quick adjustments needed to make contact with the ball

# 2 Wiggy @ 07/27/15 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
You actually don't want to waste a double jump on an aerial. Jump once and boost into the air, you can then do a flip toward any directions for any quick adjustments needed to make contact with the ball
Very true. That's a good point.

# 3 underdog13 @ 07/27/15 07:26 PM
Quote:
Yeah if you jump once you get about 1.5 seconds to double jump, can be very useful

# 4 Speedy @ 07/29/15 01:15 PM
Great write up!

I don't use the front flips nearly enough to get back so I need to work on that more. As far as the aerials...don't see many people boosting while in the air.

I stick to high jumps and flips to push the ball as I control my movement much better.

# 5 mikenoob @ 07/29/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Great write up!

I don't use the front flips nearly enough to get back so I need to work on that more. As far as the aerials...don't see many people boosting while in the air.

I stick to high jumps and flips to push the ball as I control my movement much better.
Once you level a bit and hit the pro or vet rankings you'll definitely see a lot more people attempting aerials. You should definitely start working on basic aerials through training now and get a jump on the guys in your skill range. It completely opens up your game if you can hit the ball up high even if you can't aim your shots/passes yet.

You'll be surprised how often shot opportunities come by being able to get in the air. It also helps a lot on defense being able to deflect balls away from the goal.

Even if I wasn't able to hit it with my tail end to go for the goal, just tapping it and keeping it in front of the net puts a lot of pressure on the other team by giving my teammates a chance to clean it up

# 6 Speedy @ 07/29/15 10:52 PM
...holy crud dude.

Boosting while in air will take a while to control; thanks for the heads up, I'll start working on it!

# 7 Phobia @ 08/03/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Once you level a bit and hit the pro or vet rankings you'll definitely see a lot more people attempting aerials. You should definitely start working on basic aerials through training now and get a jump on the guys in your skill range. It completely opens up your game if you can hit the ball up high even if you can't aim your shots/passes yet.

You'll be surprised how often shot opportunities come by being able to get in the air. It also helps a lot on defense being able to deflect balls away from the goal.

Even if I wasn't able to hit it with my tail end to go for the goal, just tapping it and keeping it in front of the net puts a lot of pressure on the other team by giving my teammates a chance to clean it up
This is what I started working on the very first time I played the game. I knew instantly it would be what separated great vs decent players. The on ground flips and double jumps while they are critical to moving the ball, the high level stuff will be high pointing the ball with boosts.

# 8 Sausage @ 08/16/15 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This is what I started working on the very first time I played the game. I knew instantly it would be what separated great vs decent players. The on ground flips and double jumps while they are critical to moving the ball, the high level stuff will be high pointing the ball with boosts.

I have not been able to truly time aerials with any consistency; I'm whiffing all over the place at times. Watching some advanced players on YT, they are getting some crazy air.

What's everybody's strategies on boosting? I tend save for those moments when I have to mad dash on defense and deflect a shot in goal.

# 9 mikenoob @ 08/16/15 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have not been able to truly time aerials with any consistency; I'm whiffing all over the place at times. Watching some advanced players on YT, they are getting some crazy air.

What's everybody's strategies on boosting? I tend save for those moments when I have to mad dash on defense and deflect a shot in goal.

Just watch full games of top players and not their highlight reels (unless it's kronovi because that **** is that easy for him). Try to understand how they approach each ball, usage of boost, and which balls they retreat on. I picked up most of my game watching gibbs play. Just watching him play a few games you really do play better because you start to see plays develop and how to appropriately position yourself.

The skill mechanics comes with time, but putting yourself in position to make a play goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 ylvis @ 10/22/17 04:05 PM
You may like how to get more rl crates and items? Until you can get special halloween crates?
I got some points and exchanged them for crates, I picked up some halloween crates, Player's choice Crates, Nitro Crates and other RL crates. What I'm going to do now is get some other items and have some fun. When I play, I sell my RL crates or I'll make RL trade for rare items https://odealo.com/games/rocket-league

# 11 NealJ @ 02/21/23 09:41 PM
These tips are very useful to me. Rocket League is the game I recommend to anyone who likes competitive video games. The different different options in the game give you at least 1 thing you want to do, whether it's free play, custom training, causal, competition, warm up, snow day, rumble, basketball or tournament. I personally like competitive 3s 2s and 1s. All in-game details such as game chat, items, clubs, parties, training, different arenas and mechanics. Learning things like aerial dribbling and ceiling shooting pays off in the long run because Rocket League is a long-term game.

# 12 Pro MB Gaming @ 04/13/23 06:22 AM
Aside from the game aspect of Rocket League, trading is something that many players love to carry out. You can find some tips on how to get the best Rocket League items here: https://prombgaming.com/rocket-league-items/

# 13 colonelnar @ 07/06/23 01:24 PM
Is it only me can't see the video??

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.