Home
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings News Post

Earlier this year, Metalhead Software announced Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings was going to release sometime in the summer for Xbox One and PC, along with free DLC and updates for the PlayStation versions of Super Mega Baseball. Check out the trailer here.

Today they announced the release dates for the Xbox One (August 14) and PC (August 21) versions, costing $19.99. Pre-order on Xbox One will begin on August 7th and include a 15% discount. The Xbox One version will also have a trial mode, for those of you wanting to try it out before purchasing.

For PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 users of Super Mega Baseball, expect updates and free DLC in September.

Below are some of the features for Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings.
  • Realistic Simulation and Physics: Don’t be fooled by the light-hearted/comical presentation; the fundamentals of baseball are well represented and if someone isn’t familiar with the rules, they will be after playing Super Mega Baseball.
  • Groundbreaking Difficulty System: Super Mega Baseball boasts an innovative difficulty control scheme called the Ego system. The Ego system offers a fine-grained control of difficulty on a per- user basis, which has been widely praised for leveling the playing field in cooperative and competitive modes. This system will push seasoned gamers to their limits while simultaneously providing a gentle introduction for beginners.
  • Up-to Four Player Local Co-op Play: In addition to solo play, players can try their hand at head- to-head, 2v1, 2v2 and co-op against the CPU. In co-op mode, teammates alternate batting/running each time at-bat, and alternate pitching/fielding each inning, meaning ballplayers need to be on their toes every play. To even games, players can use the Ego system to set up a competitive game between friends of any skill level.
  • Ultra Responsive and Blazing Fast Gameplay: Controls are easy to learn, but players will need to master jumping, diving, wall-catches, power-swings and cut-off plays to properly dominate friends. Short load times and a streamlined interface means most of the time is spent in the action, with nine-inning games taking around 20 minutes to play.
  • Leveling System: Players tally up Starpoints for hits, strikeouts and catches during each game and Level Up once they collect enough points. Players can hire staff to train and coach their squad, improving skill attributes such as Power and Speed. Use that jacked up team to win at higher difficulties (and post higher leaderboard scores than friends)!
  • Full batting and pitching statistics: Comprehensive baseball statistics that ballplayers can use to show off their MVP-quality skills
  • Player Customization: Customize the look and names of a team’s players to create a ragtag crew of family and friends. Make as many aesthetic adjustments as you can imagine!
The team also released their first blog on the making of Super Mega Baseball.

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings screenshot gallery - Click to view Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Super Mega Baseball: Extra InningsHype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Splitter77 @ 07/28/15 03:00 PM
hopefully some more stadiums for ps4

# 2 Honome @ 07/28/15 05:39 PM
This game is pure fun! Seriously, i never had so much fun playing other baseball games because batting was always boring and 9 innings games were too long, but this game is neither of that. Is great to edit a team with friends names and looks to play a season. I also enjoyed the way they made the difficult level, it's great for beginners and expert players. Can't wait for this free DLC on the PS4.

# 3 Simple Mathematics @ 07/28/15 06:08 PM
Xbox and PC owners are in for a real treat. This is my favorite game of all time. And that is coming from a hardcore, simulation hockey fan.

# 4 Splitter77 @ 07/28/15 08:42 PM
i love the game.
mlb the show 15 collects dust while still play this.
its just more fun and the hit variety is a milliin times better.
my only complaint is lack of some options and lack of stadiums.

# 5 Jet Sufferer @ 07/28/15 09:13 PM
Don't sleep on this game. It is awesome. Will double dip.

# 6 Oinkersthepig @ 08/01/15 04:41 PM
Definitely pumped for this. Was going to get it on the One, but I think I'm gonna wait the extra week and get it on the PC instead.

Looking forward to seeing what the guys over on MVP mods can do for this game. They've done awesome work on MVP Baseball to keep it alive all this time, and I'm sure they'll at least be a real roster type mod for this.

Even if there's not though, this game looks like a ton of fun as is. I've been looking forward to this since its been announced, glad to finally have a release date.

# 7 murph17 @ 08/07/15 01:49 PM
Pre-Order now available. Save $3 with Pre-Order $16.99

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...4-882e1e02b078

# 8 murph17 @ 08/07/15 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Imagine if this game had online play....
this. so much this.

can you do remote play with a friend on PS4?

# 9 VTPack919 @ 08/12/15 11:39 AM
Preordered last night! Can't wait to get into this.

You can't download teams with this by any chance? I would love to have a team of Braves legends.

# 10 jyoung @ 08/12/15 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
can you do remote play with a friend on PS4?
You mean share play?

It technically works, but you probably won't want to play someone head to head, since the host will have such a huge advantage compared to the other player's input latency. Co-op against the CPU is the better option if you choose to utilize share play.

# 11 Blzer @ 08/14/15 07:34 PM
Was the original not on Xbox One?

# 12 shogunofharlem3 @ 08/16/15 12:49 AM
Heard it was good from OS. I bought it. More to follow.

I'm more using it for the camera angles and what not to try to implement into the baseball game I'm working on programming on scratch.mit.edu

I played 1 game and beat the cpu like 24 2. My old college coach would have had us running for giving up 2 runs..........then the pitching coach would have done the same after the coach got us. Still scared 20 years later!

# 13 Splitter77 @ 08/19/15 03:41 PM
yeah. if you play on default ego (15 I think) youll kill the cpu.

I had it at 70 ego and I was playing 0-0 games. the leveling system is great in this game.

# 14 DaveMN @ 08/21/15 02:33 PM
Now available on Steam for $16.99 until 8/28:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314070/

# 15 Splitter77 @ 09/01/15 02:16 PM
any new info on when this comes out on ps4??

# 16 Fiddy @ 09/01/15 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
Agreed. I'm itching to start customizing the teams and players.

# 17 Splitter77 @ 09/07/15 09:24 PM
man this game is fun.
probably the most fun playing a baseball game since highheat 2001 on the pc.
i love hitting homeruns in this game. i love how there is no homerun camera.

whats the farthest hr you guys have hit?
hit one 508 today. dead center field at sukura hills.
landed past the 2 big rocks and rolled all the way to the back wall.

i still wanba see what hsppens if you hit one off thar glass balcony in rightfield

# 18 murph17 @ 09/09/15 05:00 PM
FYI there is a time limit to XB1 demo. I don't know what it is...I have played 7-8 games before hitting it. I had just hit a go-ahead 2 run HR too! [emoji35]

# 19 Twigg4075 @ 09/11/15 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
The game is already out on PS4. It hit PS4 first, months ago. The added 'Extra Innings' content will be patched in later this month I believe.

# 20 Splitter77 @ 09/12/15 02:07 PM
after playing this for 2 months i tried playibg the show again.
i just couldnt get into the show.

i popped this back on after 20 minutes.
hit variety is just so repetitive in the show.
also after playing this i think show runs at 30fps. its so choppy

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.