Home
Rugby Challenge 3 News Post

Tru Blu Entertainment and Wicked Witch Software have just announced Rugby Challenge 3 for Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC. It is scheduled to arrive later this year, check out some of the features below.
  • NEW! Rugby Sevens - this first time addition brings all the realism and fast-paced action of live seven-a-side Rugby to the Rugby Challenge series.
  • NEW! Take total control in Be a Pro mode. Join a club team as a rookie and control your own destiny over 13 action packed seasons. Complete match goals to improve your skills as a player and work towards becoming the captain of your club. Work your way up the domestic ladder, and impress selectors to play for your national team on the world stage!
  • NEW! FanHub - the interactive Player Creator allows you to create yourself as a player and play then through the ranks. Players and teams can be shared online across all supported platforms.
  • BRAND NEW! Crisp next gen graphics - increased resolution and textures.
  • Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks turned commentator Justin Marshall. French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
  • Play in different game modes including: Single Match; multi-team Competition; extensive multi-year Career Mode; Be a Pro Mode; and Online Multiplayer Mode.
  • Play over 11 competitions including the all new Super Rugby, ITM Cup and Currie Cup!!!
Read the full press release here.

Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rugby Challenge 3Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 thekodinator @ 10/12/15 01:28 PM
I am beginning to think that at some point here, Ashton Kutcher is going to come out and tell us that this game is a fake and was never actually going to be released.

# 42 dubcity @ 10/12/15 01:57 PM
A couple of distributors have the release date listed as Nov 27. It's not official, but I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out pretty close.

# 43 Krebstar @ 10/21/15 11:09 AM
Still nothing...the wait continues.

Played a bit of RC2 this week and was reminded that despite its flaws, if the career mode any kind of player progression I'd most likely still be playing it.

# 44 fearwhatnow @ 10/21/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Still nothing...the wait continues.

Played a bit of RC2 this week and was reminded that despite its flaws, if the career mode any kind of player progression I'd most likely still be playing it.
Yes RC2 is still a good game but the whole series have a lot more potential. I know the studio is not a big one and they're probably limited in resources but it was a good opportunity to have good sales because of the World Cup.

# 45 Krebstar @ 10/21/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Yes RC2 is still a good game but the whole series have a lot more potential. I know the studio is not a big one and they're probably limited in resources but it was a good opportunity to have good sales because of the World Cup.
It is shocking they didn't capitalize on the timing of the world up. Heck, even announce the release date and try and get more preorders due to it.

Anxiously awaiting...Wicked Witch's Twitter said to expect an announcement soon, and that was on 10/7.

The wait continues.

# 46 dubcity @ 10/21/15 03:17 PM
It's the only positively reviewed rugby union franchise in the world right now, so maybe they're thinking that there will be demand for the game regardless of when it's released. Who knows. One thing's for sure, NEVER trust a developer when they say details (or any info, ftm) are coming soon, lol.

# 47 thekodinator @ 10/22/15 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It's the only positively reviewed rugby union franchise in the world right now, so maybe they're thinking that there will be demand for the game regardless of when it's released. Who knows. One thing's for sure, NEVER trust a developer when they say details (or any info, ftm) are coming soon, lol.
I am just amazed that there has been literally ZERO marketing or communication about it. I get that these guys don't have the same marketing budget as EA, but dude... social media is free. how about a screenshot every other week? maybe a tweet saying "dont worry, the game is coming. announcing a release date soon. this game isn't a hoax, promise. we're really making it. we're a real company, for real."

i hope they're better at making video games than they are at marketing and PR... my goodness.

# 48 dubcity @ 10/23/15 12:23 AM
We might get some gameplay footage this weekend because the game is going to be playable at an expo/con in NZ...

http://www.armageddonexpo.com/nz/gam...y-challenge-3/

This at least proves it exists.

# 49 Krebstar @ 10/23/15 10:59 AM
Quote:
We might get some gameplay footage this weekend because the game is going to be playable at an expo/con in NZ...

http://www.armageddonexpo.com/nz/gam...y-challenge-3/

This at least proves it exists.
Just reading that description got me all excited again. If it's taking so long for it to come out due to them working their asses off on making it a great game, I'm all for it.

Here's to hoping there's either videos or at least impressions this weekend.

# 50 Krebstar @ 10/26/15 11:17 AM
Well, some good news (I think?) from Wicked Witch's Twitter:

Quote:
In the absence news from @trublugames we can say that the game is finished, trailer is made, boxes done, and hope it is released very soon!
Also, there are a few who played it this weekend who posted some thoughts here: http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread...gedon-auckland

I'm not expecting it to at all be very different from RC2, as even small adjustments will make it a better game.

Just hope there is a release announcement soon.

# 51 dubcity @ 10/28/15 01:24 AM
Now the question shifts to... will it be available for digital download in North America? Currently Rugby 15 and Rugby World Cup 2015 are downloadable on PSN, but Rugby League Live 3 is not. Ugh.

# 52 Krebstar @ 10/28/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
Now the question shifts to... will it be available for digital download in North America? Currently Rugby 15 and Rugby World Cup 2015 are downloadable on PSN, but Rugby League Live 3 is not. Ugh.
It costs a bit more, but I was able to come up with a decent way to get RLL3 on PSN.

Bought a Amazon UK gift card, sent it to myself at a separate email account linked to a newly created Amazon UK account, and used that account to buy a UK PSN card.

Received the code in a few minutes, and got the game when I wanted as opposed to still not having it available on the US PSN.

Plan to do the same for this if it's ever released.

# 53 Tomba @ 10/28/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
it is for xbox one

but the ay don brickets cricket is exclusive for xbxox one the same goesfor rll3 as far as NA releasing

# 54 dubcity @ 11/09/15 02:26 AM
Ugh, still nothing with regards to a release date. Not even a trailer yet. I've been going on twitter every day hoping for something, anything, lol.

# 55 thekodinator @ 11/09/15 12:09 PM
Quote:
Ugh, still nothing with regards to a release date. Not even a trailer yet. I've been going on twitter every day hoping for something, anything, lol.
These guys are the WORST at product marketing. Hopefully that means they're really good at game design and development.

# 56 Krebstar @ 11/12/15 03:32 PM
Wicked Witch tweeted to some people that they're very close to a release and Tru Blu should have an announcement soon.

It's clear the Wicked Witch guys wish they could say more, but their hands are tied. Tru Blu certainly does suck at marketing their product, though.

Anyway, hopefully it comes out very soon, and is great!

# 57 dubcity @ 11/12/15 04:00 PM
Soon, soon ... How soon is now?

# 58 Hunkerdown @ 11/12/15 04:42 PM
Im really stoked this is good. Need a refreshing sports title

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

# 59 xandermole25 @ 11/12/15 10:03 PM
I finally gave in and bought rugby challenge 2 for the ps3. Hopefully with updated rosters it will be lots of fun. I've been playing the original on PC past couple games and with the right sliders and rosters it's a great rugby game. (My increased understanding of rugby since I bought the game 3 years also really helps haha).
That being said I am now really looking forward to RC3. I"m bummed to hear that the scrums haven't changed but I think that the breakdown (from what I've seen on youtube) was as good as you can get in a rugby video game. I just hope that they get the backline more organized (don't really care if there's set plays, but just going 10, 12, 13, 14, then 15, maybe with a switch every once in awhle.) ANyway, sorry for the long post but I Wicked Witch's tweets have me uber excited.

# 60 Hunkerdown @ 11/17/15 09:40 AM
Still no news?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.