Home
Rugby Challenge 3 News Post

Tru Blu Entertainment and Wicked Witch Software have just announced Rugby Challenge 3 for Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC. It is scheduled to arrive later this year, check out some of the features below.
  • NEW! Rugby Sevens - this first time addition brings all the realism and fast-paced action of live seven-a-side Rugby to the Rugby Challenge series.
  • NEW! Take total control in Be a Pro mode. Join a club team as a rookie and control your own destiny over 13 action packed seasons. Complete match goals to improve your skills as a player and work towards becoming the captain of your club. Work your way up the domestic ladder, and impress selectors to play for your national team on the world stage!
  • NEW! FanHub - the interactive Player Creator allows you to create yourself as a player and play then through the ranks. Players and teams can be shared online across all supported platforms.
  • BRAND NEW! Crisp next gen graphics - increased resolution and textures.
  • Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks turned commentator Justin Marshall. French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
  • Play in different game modes including: Single Match; multi-team Competition; extensive multi-year Career Mode; Be a Pro Mode; and Online Multiplayer Mode.
  • Play over 11 competitions including the all new Super Rugby, ITM Cup and Currie Cup!!!
Read the full press release here.

Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rugby Challenge 3Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 Boltman @ 02/15/16 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
If someone offered me a free copy I would be hesitant to take it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I not only wouldn't take it, but I'd punch that person.

# 102 Krebstar @ 02/17/16 09:36 AM
I threw in RC2 last night just to have some bit of union gaming in my life, and I was once again reminded how much I'd pay for RC3 if it at least fixes just a few things.

I can still even have fun with RC2 at higher difficulty levels. Drop the the offloading slides all the way down, as well as limiting broken tackles and it's still a fun game.

I've said it before, but if players progressed in career mode, I'd still have a save going to this day.

# 103 dubcity @ 02/17/16 03:50 PM
Attachment 116032
So, probably a April/May release at the earliest ...? Assuming they plan to do any marketing.

# 104 bad_philanthropy @ 02/18/16 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I threw in RC2 last night just to have some bit of union gaming in my life, and I was once again reminded how much I'd pay for RC3 if it at least fixes just a few things.

I can still even have fun with RC2 at higher difficulty levels. Drop the the offloading slides all the way down, as well as limiting broken tackles and it's still a fun game.

I've said it before, but if players progressed in career mode, I'd still have a save going to this day.
I feel the same as you. RC2 is a solid rugby game considering the shoestring budget it was crafted under. The core gameplay is pretty good, and I was able to play it for a long time. As you said, needs progression in career and a bit of tuning.

The one other thing I'd really like is heavier, less floaty feeling players.

# 105 monkz69 @ 02/20/16 12:10 AM
I am hoping that this game will be released soon ... I am sure RC3 will be the best rugby game to date !

# 106 xandermole25 @ 03/14/16 03:48 PM
april 14th is the confirmed release date according to mighty ape

# 107 dubcity @ 03/14/16 05:01 PM
Would love to know their definition of "confirmed." If it's accurate we should get official word within the next few days.

# 108 bad_philanthropy @ 03/14/16 05:34 PM
I'll believe it when the game is actually released.

# 109 Krebstar @ 03/15/16 11:28 AM
I'm guessing Tru Blu will say nothing, Wicked Witch will once again apologize that they can not say anything and direct all inquiries to Tru Blu, and in June we'll be wondering when this thing is going to release.

# 110 thekodinator @ 03/15/16 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm guessing Tru Blu will say nothing, Wicked Witch will once again apologize that they can not say anything and direct all inquiries to Tru Blu, and in June we'll be wondering when this thing is going to release.
You speak the truth! This has to be the worst-marketed video game in the past decade. I want to hold out on buying it now just out of spite.

# 111 dubcity @ 03/15/16 03:05 PM
Hopefully it's available on PSN here in the states, though I doubt it. Probably will have to import it from the UK. Can't wait to see some gameplay videos.

# 112 Krebstar @ 03/15/16 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
You speak the truth! This has to be the worst-marketed video game in the past decade. I want to hold out on buying it now just out of spite.
It seems like it 100% comes down to Tru Blu.

They're already on my **** list for seemingly holding up the PS4 update for RLL3. Big Ant seems to be in the same predicament as Wicked Witch—can't say anything as it's all in the publisher's hands.

# 113 thekodinator @ 03/16/16 12:13 AM

# 114 dubcity @ 03/16/16 02:43 AM
The UK distributer is saying it'll be out April 22 there.

# 115 Krebstar @ 03/16/16 10:42 AM
It might be happening! Now I just need to curb my expectations!

# 116 jb12780 @ 03/16/16 10:47 AM
Still holding my breath.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 117 dubcity @ 03/18/16 02:26 AM

# 118 Hunkerdown @ 03/18/16 08:26 AM
Hope wait is worth it. Love this to be my 4th sports title in rotation, since we do not have a real baseball game for xbox one.

Madden, fifa, and 2k bball been a blast for me this year. I broadcast all 3 games franchises: Falcons, Hawks, ans Everton/Scotland franchise modes.

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 119 Krebstar @ 03/18/16 09:47 AM
Perhaps I should not, but I feel confident it'll be available digitally since RLL3 is, and Tru Blu is of course the publisher for both titles.

# 120 scourge @ 03/18/16 02:46 PM
Can't wait, but I'm keeping my expectations low. I'm expecting it to be just like Rugby Challenge 2 with updated kits. I'm ok with that though. I sold 2 when I heard this was coming out. And if I keep my expectations low, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.