Home
Rugby Challenge 3 News Post

Tru Blu Entertainment and Wicked Witch Software have just announced Rugby Challenge 3 for Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC. It is scheduled to arrive later this year, check out some of the features below.
  • NEW! Rugby Sevens - this first time addition brings all the realism and fast-paced action of live seven-a-side Rugby to the Rugby Challenge series.
  • NEW! Take total control in Be a Pro mode. Join a club team as a rookie and control your own destiny over 13 action packed seasons. Complete match goals to improve your skills as a player and work towards becoming the captain of your club. Work your way up the domestic ladder, and impress selectors to play for your national team on the world stage!
  • NEW! FanHub - the interactive Player Creator allows you to create yourself as a player and play then through the ranks. Players and teams can be shared online across all supported platforms.
  • BRAND NEW! Crisp next gen graphics - increased resolution and textures.
  • Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks turned commentator Justin Marshall. French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
  • Play in different game modes including: Single Match; multi-team Competition; extensive multi-year Career Mode; Be a Pro Mode; and Online Multiplayer Mode.
  • Play over 11 competitions including the all new Super Rugby, ITM Cup and Currie Cup!!!
Read the full press release here.

Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rugby Challenge 3Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 Krebstar @ 03/18/16 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
Can't wait, but I'm keeping my expectations low. I'm expecting it to be just like Rugby Challenge 2 with updated kits. I'm ok with that though. I sold 2 when I heard this was coming out. And if I keep my expectations low, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
My dream low expectations are is that it's the same as RC2 with updated kits, progression in career mode, and that players defend the width of the field better.

If it has that, I'll be playing for years I'm sure.

If there's no progression in career mode I'll be gutted. I'm hoping it's a given considering there's now a Be A Pro mode in which you progress, so hopefully all other players progress and regress.

# 122 bad_philanthropy @ 03/18/16 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
My dream low expectations are is that it's the same as RC2 with updated kits, progression in career mode, and that players defend the width of the field better.

If it has that, I'll be playing for years I'm sure.

If there's no progression in career mode I'll be gutted. I'm hoping it's a given considering there's now a Be A Pro mode in which you progress, so hopefully all other players progress and regress.
I'm hoping the same thing. Would be nice if there was a user instant replay as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

# 123 dubcity @ 03/18/16 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
Can't wait, but I'm keeping my expectations low. I'm expecting it to be just like Rugby Challenge 2 with updated kits. I'm ok with that though. I sold 2 when I heard this was coming out. And if I keep my expectations low, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Kits are from 2015 seasons, but yeah, updated from RC2 anyways.

# 124 thekodinator @ 03/18/16 10:08 PM
Any tips for how/where to buy in the States?

# 125 dubcity @ 03/19/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
Any tips for how/where to buy in the States?

Might be available digitally for Xbox, but not for PS4. Otherwise it's secondhand eBay or find an overseas retailer who will ship here.

# 126 Krebstar @ 03/19/16 03:48 PM
I'll most certainly grab it from the UK PSN with a different account, and use PSN cards purchased from Amazon UK to buy it.

# 127 dubcity @ 03/19/16 07:48 PM
Quote:
I'll most certainly grab it from the UK PSN with a different account, and use PSN cards purchased from Amazon UK to buy it.

True, I forgot you could do that. Altho aren't games more expensive in the UK?

# 128 Krebstar @ 03/21/16 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
True, I forgot you could do that. Altho aren't games more expensive in the UK?
The exchange rate will definitely get you a bit, but it's not terrible.

1 US dollar currently equals .7 British pound, so you'll end up paying more than you normally would.

# 129 dubcity @ 03/23/16 03:40 AM
Not sure what this means regarding US release, but this is from the official game Facebook page.

# 130 Krebstar @ 03/23/16 08:12 AM
Oh snap. If it's on the US PSN that Friday I'll be so happy.

# 131 dubcity @ 03/23/16 02:56 PM
Quote:
Oh snap. If it's on the US PSN that Friday I'll be so happy.

Yeah, I don't want to get my hopes up, but it would definitely simplify things.

# 132 jb12780 @ 03/23/16 08:42 PM
Will the new Super Rugby teams be included I wonder?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 133 thekodinator @ 03/24/16 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Will the new Super Rugby teams be included I wonder?

I don't know for certain, but I would guess that the answer is almost assuredly "no". All the screenshots have teams wearing 2015 uniforms, so my guess is that they haven't updated the teams or anything. I do not know if that would've required additional licensing or not either.

# 134 dubcity @ 03/30/16 03:29 AM
RC3 Facebook page is saying physical copies will be available by the US Amazon I don't see that happening because the game doesn't have an American distributer, but I would love to be wrong.

# 135 Krebstar @ 03/30/16 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
RC3 Facebook page is saying physical copies will be available by the US Amazon I don't see that happening because the game doesn't have an American distributer, but I would love to be wrong.
If they're saying that it at least makes me confident of a US release on PSN. Although at this point I fear if it's not on there when I check, I'll just immediately pay more for the UK version on PSN.

I really, really, really hope that enough improvements were made to make this wait worth it. We all know it's far more of a 2.5 than a 3, but they had a good base to work from in terms of rugby games.

# 136 baconbits11 @ 03/30/16 12:48 PM
I hope that they allows us to customize leagues better than in RC2, since the new SuperRugby teams don't appear to be included. In RC2, you couldn't even create a competition that had 3 divisions other than in a pool, if you did it that way, you would never play the other teams.

# 137 dubcity @ 04/01/16 02:23 AM
So these just came up when I searched my amazon app. It doesn't give the option to buy or pre-order, but just the fact that it's there is a positive.

# 138 jb12780 @ 04/01/16 09:30 AM
A digtial NA release would be fantastic.

# 139 xandermole25 @ 04/01/16 10:50 AM

# 140 dubcity @ 04/07/16 02:01 PM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.