Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just announced 2K Pro-Am for NBA 2K16, which is a new mode for MyPLAYERS. Check out the new trailer here.

2K Pro-Am will feature instant matchmaking, with no waiting and games will start immediately. That means, no "Got Next" spots in 2K Pro-Am.

Quote:
Grab your friends, design your own logos, jerseys and arenas for full branding of your team. After your identity has been stamped, rise up the leaderboards with your team to compete against the best in the world in 5 on 5 matches on full-sized courts with NBA rules in a venue that supports 40 players playing simultaneously.

2K Pro-Am will feature daily, monthly and overall leaderboards with league leaders, power rankings and more. You can completely customize your team and create your own uniforms with the ability to change colors, number size, stripe configurations, collar types, mesh patterns, resizing text and logos (which can be imported) and so much more.

You can also completely customize your arena from the ground up by selecting from various jumbotrons, scorer's tables, baskets and sound effects. If you don't like a particular floor pattern, change it up (Herringbone, Honeycomb and more), along with colors of any line you can think of (out of bounds, key, center circle, half court, perimeter, etc.). Users can create customized text on the floors and sidelines, along with the ability to upload custom images.

NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Features:
  • Play with your MyPLAYER - Walk on or form a team with friends
  • NBA style basketball including timeouts and fouls
  • No waiting. Instant matchmaking against similarly ranked opponents
  • Fully customizable team designer, upload images or choose from customizable logos
Read the details, watch the trailer and let us know what you think!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 cavsfan2 @ 07/30/15 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
We will be seeing a whole lot of swasticas and penises if the 2k community is as immature as the COD community
I'm sure that they'll have a report button for courts so 2K can review it. If someone does do something like that, I say ban them from online play. Maybe 2k will look at all of them before they can be used.

With an E10+ rating I'm sure 2k will be all over that nonsense.

Anyone, this all looks amazing. Great job 2k.

# 82 cavsfan2 @ 07/30/15 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
this is pretty cool . So the Rec is still there ? What's the purpose of the four courts ?
My guess is its for people who don't have a squad and thus don't have a court to play on.

# 83 schnakenpopanz @ 07/30/15 08:34 PM
the most important thing beside all the great effort 2k is putting in:
will the input/online lag be gone? this influences nearly everything for me. a really great looking game mode like this can only be spoiled by lagging servers and not responsive controls. so all the good effort may be kind of frustrating when you know that it could be the best game you will ever play next year, when such an important thing nowadays holds back all the fun.
2k is doing a lot of effort. Online Leagues. Then this. There is not much to criticize once they do it properly.

# 84 eko718 @ 07/30/15 08:38 PM
That court editing thing is big. Hopefully this means we can edit existing courts in game? No more waiting for 2K to patch incorrect courts perhaps. Looking at the court edit options, it appears that all the pertinent areas are editable, and we can make edits like removing lines from the painted area.

# 85 Hustle Westbrook @ 07/30/15 08:40 PM
Online leagues AND a new and improved Crew? Thank you 2K, been waiting a while for this.

About to go pre-order the MJ Special edition now.

# 86 Boilerbuzz @ 07/30/15 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Your words, not mine. I'm only saying, they need some revamping in that area. Games of lesser (gameplay) quality like Madden & Live have higher graphical fidelity now, and The Show's graphics are easily mistakable for a televised game. I know I'm seeing a videogame when I see clips of 2K.
Interesting. Madden and Live ALWAYS release screenshots that look very little like the actual game. And the Show's graphics are NOTHING like the early screenshots would lead you to believe. But forget all that. Considering 2K looks pretty much like it did when we started this generation, and it was lauded as one of the best looking games, maybe it is YOU that has this inflated level of expectations. It's like you expect the game to look significantly better than everything else when, in fact, the other games have only caught up. But I could care less about screenshots (that get significantly enhanced by some companies), what does the games look like in motion? BTW, PGA looks fantastic... And everyone I know that has it thinks it a crap game.

Just saying.

But, yeah, what about Pro-Am?

# 87 Jros22 @ 07/30/15 08:46 PM
In NBA 2K15 they went to another level with the graphics now on NBA 2K16 they did it with the Pro-Am Game Mode and all the customization, i just hope they also added Create A Team for rosters with all the customization they put in Pro-Am.

# 88 VDusen04 @ 07/30/15 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man

# 89 McG @ 07/30/15 08:53 PM
I am sold. This looks so legit. Finally my Sonics are back!!!

# 90 brent3419 @ 07/30/15 08:56 PM
not much of an online player but i am praying this is available in mygm/myleague

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 91 Rob. D @ 07/30/15 08:57 PM
Bout time 2K, all the customization is icing to me.... Matchmaking is the key seller for me. I need to be able to hit my boys up say hop online and bypass all that got next stuff. Time is limited with my wife, work and just life lol.

# 92 The 24th Letter @ 07/30/15 09:03 PM
Seems like the Sonics logo (and some other custom logos) would cause 2k some issues if displayed on courts.....but I guess if WWE 2K can get away with it...NBA 2K can

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

# 93 scottyp180 @ 07/30/15 09:06 PM
I've never been big into the myplayer, could never get fully invested, but this mode sounds promising. Like others I'm hoping the customization option carry over into mode like create a team. With all those options we would be able to create any team ever with nearly pin point accuracy. Cant wait to see and hear more. Fingers crossed for big gameplay and animation improvements.

Gotta say it never ceases to amaze me how some people always find something to complain about even in a short clip. At least wait for a full out gameplay trailer to release.

# 94 ericromain @ 07/30/15 09:06 PM
Jealous. EA NHL is making a big deal about player customization for the return of the EASHL mode. The amount of customization shown here blows them out of the water. Hopefully it's a powerful tool and people embrace it.

# 95 23 @ 07/30/15 09:13 PM
Looks like the editor from College Hoops 2k but even better

# 96 myathebee @ 07/30/15 09:15 PM
I am impressed....

# 97 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 07/30/15 09:17 PM
That editor is unbelievable. Consider me impressed looking forward to not waiting for got next.

# 98 jeremym480 @ 07/30/15 09:32 PM
That's looks pretty good and I'm happy for those that play online. I'm hoping that they release MyLeague info next.

# 99 jaateloauto @ 07/30/15 09:33 PM
Finally! Looks like 2K is bringing their A-game this year.

# 100 Phreezy P @ 07/30/15 09:40 PM
Alcohol References? CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE CELEBRATIONS?!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.