Home
NHL 16 News Post

The NHL 16 EASHL beta is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. While it was available on the Xbox One earlier this morning and throughout the day (via workaround), EA Sports hit a snag getting it online for both consoles the way they intended.

With all of that said, they figured out the cause of the problem and have extended the beta until August 7, giving gamers an extra day to hit the ice.

NHL 15 (Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or EA Access) is required to access the beta initially, but is not required after you have successfully downloaded as the beta will be accessible directly from your console hard drive. (More information here, including a chance for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users to access the beta, if you have upgraded to a current-gen console).

As noted by Chase on Twitter:

Quote:
If you struggle to find the EASHL download spot on NHL 15 on PS4 -- tab to the Play option, then tab back to Home and it should be in top right panel (As seen in the image above).

The same can be said for the Xbox One beta, if you can't locate it.

Play a few games and let us know what you think!

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 trainerdave @ 07/31/15 04:10 PM
Definitely seeing an issue with scoring any way but what people have been complaining about. Other than that, love the beta. We've only played 3 games, and sadly lost all 3, but more or less trying to pick apart the BETA and look for flaws to report.

Lot's of complaints here and and most are valid. Don't forget that is why this is a BETA, make sure you are leaving feedback for EASports otherwise nothing will get changed.

# 42 ddhex27 @ 07/31/15 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

And I hate watching the game from the penalty box. Give us the option to watch it overhead or from a regular camera. If I'm not playing with a first person camera then I shouldn't be subjected to a different camera when not on the ice.
I actually think it adds to the idea of not wanting to take a penalty because you miss out on whats going on in the game.

# 43 DarkSideSwag @ 07/31/15 09:30 PM
Looking to get a game/join a club.

Psn: jboog726

# 44 Pearly @ 08/01/15 12:20 AM
Download link in the game isn't showing up for me in the game and I can't find the beta in the store by searching. And PSN apparently doesn't allow me to find the download through my friends list either. Woohoo

# 45 SinisterAlex @ 08/01/15 12:52 AM
Aside from some A.I issues I think the game plays pretty great. I'm absolutely loving the class system. Gone are the days of dangling your way past opponents or blowing past guys with speed. My friend and I played a few games earlier today and we were fooling around with dumping and chasing, surprisingly it worked pretty well.

I've been using a two way forward as that's what I played as for many years. I also love the little details with the incidental contact between players and subtle stick on puck deflections. I've had a lot of times where a player will make a pass and I'll hit the poke check button and my skater will make a different animation to knock the puck away, causing the puck to go on end or ricochet in a random direction.

All in all loving the game!

# 46 Behindshadows @ 08/01/15 05:46 AM
I personally didn't like NHL 15 and definitely not liking 16, this beta was terrible if it wasn't going to allow single player and getting matches on Xbox One is horrible....no liking and graphics look the same too...

# 47 Money99 @ 08/01/15 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Aside from some A.I issues I think the game plays pretty great. I'm absolutely loving the class system. Gone are the days of dangling your way past opponents or blowing past guys with speed. My friend and I played a few games earlier today and we were fooling around with dumping and chasing, surprisingly it worked pretty well.

I've been using a two way forward as that's what I played as for many years. I also love the little details with the incidental contact between players and subtle stick on puck deflections. I've had a lot of times where a player will make a pass and I'll hit the poke check button and my skater will make a different animation to knock the puck away, causing the puck to go on end or ricochet in a random direction.

All in all loving the game!
Great impressions!

I'm hearing a lot more of people remark on how different each class plays and feels.
I really hope that the same differentiation is seen in the offline portion as well.
Someone like Lucic should feel and play so much different than Kessel.
EA gets this with EASHL. Just translate it to all aspects of the game.

# 48 Drewismyname @ 08/02/15 02:27 AM
Hello. I am trying to post a thread to advertise my club but there seems to be a minimum post count before thread creation is allowed.

I have six years of EASHL experience and about ten years with video game hockey. Played in clubs since the EASHL's creation.

I can play any position including goalie if i have to, Prefer Center though. In club I play a defensive two way center. I live on the west coast of canada.

So yea, if you want to get a few games in and need to join a club first, add me to ps4.

PS4 handle: VanIslandCanuck

# 49 BellSKA @ 08/02/15 12:33 PM
After 11 games in I can honestly say I'm not enthused with the AI/ CPU gameplay at all. I usually play as a defensemen and the rest of my Club plays the 3 offensive positions. I hate getting a poke away on the defensive end only to have it go to the CPU and they just reload and immediately go behind the net to start up a play instead of looking for a break away.

What always ends up happening is they go to the back of the net, and either pass it to the back of the net and it gets stuck against the post. Or the other Club knows exactly where the AI is going to go and checks the CPU and ends up with the puck behind our goal.

# 50 ricky24 @ 08/02/15 02:10 PM
Go go gadget poke checking has to get nerfed. Holy crap it is bad.

# 51 dom22 @ 08/04/15 09:52 AM
Being able to pick a couple traits for your player would be nice to add more personalization. Defensive dman with a hard shot, playmaker with good d awareness etc

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.