Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Pro-Am is another ‘team play’ online mode which will give you and friends the ability to create a custom team with a custom arena and take your skills online against the world. If that sounds lovely, the mode also features leaderboards which range from daily, to monthly, and to all-time.

There’s a lot to love about yesterday’s announcement, from your MyPlayer having something new to do to a mode which allows you to play real basketball with up to ten people.

Read More - NBA 2K16's Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/31/15 09:03 AM
Oh it's definitely a hit. The only thing that scares me are the servers and I feel lIke the defense in this mode will be pushed to the side in favor of easy scoring like the rec after patch 4.

# 2 MayorofShively @ 07/31/15 09:26 AM
It will be a miss because of their 1985 Atari online server. If they would just fix their server, which should be their #1 priority, it would be the best game/franchise ever. But they continue to ignore it and choose not to respond.

# 3 JUSTlFIED @ 07/31/15 09:31 AM
Hit, now lets hope those servers hold up. With the changes they should perform better though

# 4 Ward13 @ 07/31/15 09:42 AM
I swear I almost broke a controller yesterday playing online. There 's absolutely no way of playing defense online and guys shoot the ball as soon as they cross half court, it's simply a circus out there at times SMH

# 5 Mauer4MVP @ 07/31/15 09:49 AM
My biggest question is will this customization be available offline? As in for play now and MyLeague?

# 6 DBMcGee3 @ 07/31/15 09:58 AM
Do people actually care this much about the Pro-Am mode? What's up with some gameplay news and footage?

# 7 barond57 @ 07/31/15 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Do people actually care this much about the Pro-Am mode? What's up with some gameplay news and footage?
It's crew mode. This what thousands of people have been begging for. Including me

# 8 Gilley @ 07/31/15 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Yes, they do. The crewheads have wanted crew to return for a while now and it looks like they'll be getting something even better.

# 9 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 07/31/15 10:35 AM
Definitely a hit, the rec is an abomination playing with randoms so team up matchmaking saved this game for a lot of people weather they knew about crew or not. Im just hoping that people dont start making blinding neon colored courts.

# 10 iRatedxR @ 07/31/15 11:01 AM
Making a ProAm squad for PS4 .

PLEASE be fun and not so uptight but good at the game. And even better in crunch time. If you want to join

You must have a kik

Search #6godproam and join the group!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

# 11 Clappington @ 07/31/15 11:23 AM
this is without a doubt a hit they didnt miss anything at all.

# 12 BellSKA @ 07/31/15 12:16 PM
This will be a hit, but like most are saying...SERVERS. I also fear all the cool features and uploaded logos potentially bogging down smooth game play.

I'll take white/ black unis over jerseys with someones dumb mug if it means no lag.

# 13 Cabish @ 07/31/15 12:26 PM
I wonder if 2k get all the blame when no games played seamless online,everybody complains about the same issues with every game ,online gaming will never be a seamless affair for maybe another 15 years

# 14 TheWalkingCash @ 07/31/15 12:30 PM
This will be a huge Hit if the servers work right.

# 15 JayBillups36 @ 07/31/15 12:54 PM
So I still have to have 5 to run with my custom team? This looks awesome but we all know this won't run correctly

# 16 BellSKA @ 07/31/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabish
I wonder if 2k get all the blame when no games played seamless online,everybody complains about the same issues with every game ,online gaming will never be a seamless affair for maybe another 15 years
You clearly don't play 2K online. I've been playing online games since I had to put a wireless lan to the back of my PS2. They played more smoothly than 2K does at 9 PM on a Thursday night.

# 17 RipCityAndy @ 07/31/15 01:35 PM
I can't be excited about this because it's still reliant on server functionality. We were promised a LOT of things last year that just never ended up working as well as promised (if at all). 2k needs to deliver some consistent, functional online gameplay before something like this excites me at all.

# 18 HowDareI @ 07/31/15 02:23 PM
I'm gonna say it's a big hit.

Matchmaking: number 1 thing we needed. It eliminates waiting a half hour or so just to play one game.

Leaderboards: Let's you know how good you're doing, as a team and individual...what you and your squad need to work on. Brings more immersion for sure.

Customization: We can finally look like a real team not just random people all wearing the same generic or NBA teams' jerseys. Getting games in on your home court and showing off the work you put into your designs...seems minimal but it's so good to have it back...
Hopefully this means there'll be commentary during the games too...again, immersion is a huge key to making you wanna come back and play more.

As for a possible miss or two...

Servers: honestly they're not as bad as last years were. Remember MyCareer save files becoming corrupted because of the server issues? Losing all your VC and time..waiting weeks just to hear from 2K and getting your VC back just to make another guy?...

This year it didn't seem like "lag" was such a problem, more so input delay and framerate issues.
Play a quick match right now, online it's the best (least delayed) mode you can play. Hopefully ProAm is the same since it's only 10 people (basically teamup) controlling a guy and no one else in there.
Rec has so many people at once the framerate drops terribly...maybe they've fixed this this year but I see rec being nonexistent in my eyes after ProAm drops.

MyPlayer Overalls/Builds: 7' small forwards, 7'3 centers, etc. with the skill-sets of a point guard. Come on; everyone wants to be MJ/Durant/LBJ/Shaq mixed into one but it's not realistic AT ALL.
I see where they were trying to go this year by making it "harder" to get a 99 but I liked it better when we could put our stats up individually. Just cuz I'm fast doesn't mean I should dunk. Mid range doesn't mean a good 3 point shooter and vice versa.
Put harder caps on certain things the taller/smaller you get and on certain positions.

Honestly if they fixed some very minimal things this could be so much better than 2K11's mode. Because the gameplay has so much promise when the game's played right and not just being exploited.

# 19 BellSKA @ 07/31/15 02:39 PM
Any thoughts on what's going to happen to 3vs3 or 2vs2? I would love to have this happen to those as well. Or do you all think Park is still going to be an option for those 2?

This says play with your team or drop into a game so I'm assuming this is going to remove Rec completely.

# 20 blues rocker @ 07/31/15 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishListGOD 1 OF 2
Im just hoping that people dont start making blinding neon colored courts.
oh, it's coming - prepare yourself.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.