Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Yasiel Puig has been battling the injury bug this year, including missing the entire month of May due to a hamstring issue. In the month of June when he returned, he hit just 1 home run, while driving in 6. While he did bat .303 in the month of June, his average in July dipped to .195 and is now batting .254 on the season.

On Wednesday, he delivered 2 hits, including a home run and 3 RBI in a win over the Oakland Athletics. After the game he attributed the success to playing baseball video games.

Here is a quote from Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times:

Quote:
Yasiel Puig on ending slump: "I just stopped playing soccer video games. I've found, when I play baseball video games, I do better."

One would assume he is referring to MLB 15 The Show, since he is the cover athlete of the game.

Source - The Big Lead

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nomo17k @ 07/31/15 03:41 PM
It would be funny if it was actually Super Mega Baseball that got him back into rhythm.

# 2 Trent Booty @ 07/31/15 03:47 PM
That's cool, I've always wondered about MLB players playing The Show, NFL players playing Madden, etc.

# 3 jayb_270 @ 07/31/15 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
That's cool, I've always wondered about MLB players playing The Show, NFL players playing Madden, etc.

Lots of nfl players play madden and lobby for better stats lol

# 4 Speedy @ 08/01/15 06:11 PM
I've been bitten by Rocket League too, Yasiel.

I go back to play baseball and I'm late at everything.

# 5 porkys8077 @ 08/01/15 08:14 PM
I'm happy for him.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.