Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 08/03/15 03:11 PM
I really hope the AI chooses these catches well for both the user and CPU. I don't really plan on using it at all so hopefully it will all happen naturally despite that. Just seeing the one-handed catches makes me unhappy for some reason. I really hope they are extremely uncommon but I know they won't be. Also, those Browns unis....

# 2 munky1307 @ 08/03/15 03:19 PM
That is the first I remember hearing about simultaneous possession catches. That's pretty cool.

Really hoping to see some new gameplay here soon. Suprised we haven't seen any yet. 3 more weeks!

# 3 playajay98 @ 08/03/15 03:44 PM
That simultaneous possession catch at the end looked amazing!

# 4 khaliib @ 08/03/15 04:02 PM
Hope the "RAC" actually works as advertised to minimize the "Catch-up-Speed" of the Pursuit Rating.

Curious if these interactions are tied into player ratings?
- if so, will this drive players in Draft Classes being closely grouped, ratings wise, to force these interactions to continue to occur through out CFM play?
- if not, what prevents these animations from overriding "WR/DB" positional ratings and making EVERY player play the same?

We shall see on the 20th what's what!!!

# 5 SolidSquid @ 08/03/15 05:19 PM
I just hope there are penalties for using the "wrong" catch type. For example trying to use RAC in traffic causes increased chance of drops or fumbles.

# 6 jfsolo @ 08/03/15 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I just hope there are penalties for using the "wrong" catch type. For example trying to use RAC in traffic causes increased chance of drops or fumbles.
In the E3 clips that we saw, I saw a decent amount of drops, not getting the feet in bounds, when Users were choosing aggressive catch on every play. So it will probably come down to how they tuned the game in the time they had left after the E3 build was made. Hopefully they didn't scale it back at the last minute.

# 7 Yukon46 @ 08/03/15 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope the AI chooses these catches well for both the user and CPU. I don't really plan on using it at all so hopefully it will all happen naturally despite that. Just seeing the one-handed catches makes me unhappy for some reason. I really hope they are extremely uncommon but I know they won't be. Also, those Browns unis....
But they are common now... every video or vine coming out of current NFL training camps is One-Handed catches.

# 8 SolidSquid @ 08/03/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
In the E3 clips that we saw, I saw a decent amount of drops, not getting the feet in bounds, when Users were choosing aggressive catch on every play. So it will probably come down to how they tuned the game in the time they had left after the E3 build was made. Hopefully they didn't scale it back at the last minute.
That's kinda what happened with qb inaccuracies last year. We saw plenty inaccurate passes pre release then the game came out and it was scaled way back.

# 9 noplace @ 08/03/15 09:47 PM
Man just ugly in motion..The sliding into catch animations just looks vintage Madden.. They really need to stop showing us what we've already seen and drop a full game with sim play.. Outdated equipment is really hurting the look of the game..

# 10 JOS1181 @ 08/03/15 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Man just ugly in motion..The sliding into catch animations just looks vintage Madden.. They really need to stop showing us what we've already seen and drop a full game with sim play.. Outdated equipment is really hurting the look of the game..
Yeah.. They still dont have Drew Bledsoes facemask ( Marino also used the same later in his career ).

Anyway. I like what I see out of the DBs. However I am really disliking the offensive side. I can do without the simultaneous catch as it goes to the offense anyway. And I wonder how often are we going to see the same animations / outcomes and sliding and warping into position?

# 11 PeoplesChampGB @ 08/03/15 10:18 PM
I think it's cool that you guys are pointing out what should be in the game and you have every right to demand such things.

I am just glad I am at the age where I am married and two kids where those things really do not matter anymore. I traded in two games and paid my Madden off and can't wait for it to come out. At this point in my life, I just want to escape reality for a little bit and play a little football.

It's like I am a kid again where I don't look for every single thing wrong. Working penalties and improved DB/WR play sold me on this game.

# 12 msdm27 @ 08/04/15 02:34 AM
Overall, quite satisfied with the video.

POSITIVES
- Saw a variety of catch types (The Revis animation and the simultaneous poss catch at the end were especially
cool)

- Colors on the uniforms (for the most part) looked good

NEGATIVES
- Maaaan those QB dropbacks look bad seems like this year would have been a great opportunity for them to correct this since they worked on QB motion to some extent.... Luckily I think it doesn't look as bad/glaring in gameplay camera as it does in these trailers.

- (Granted this is minor and unrelated to the video) Really wish they had shorter loose sleeves on QB's.

# 13 buganation7 @ 08/04/15 08:52 AM
Definitely passing this year. Looks bleak and unimpressive.

# 14 NDAlum @ 08/04/15 11:08 AM
Please get the discussion back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 15 4thQtrStre5S @ 08/04/15 11:50 AM
I am concerned that the DB pass breakup seems to consistently be an animation that pops the ball up into the air each time, allowing for an interception...Seems breakups and interceptions are the means to simulate incompletions in Madden, instead of off target throws...

# 16 SageInfinite @ 08/04/15 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am concerned that the DB pass breakup seems to consistently be an animation that pops the ball up into the air each time, allowing for an interception...Seems breakups and interceptions are the means to simulate incompletions in Madden, instead of off target throws...
The Revis pass break up he batter the ball down so atleast we know they're there. I do agree about needing more off target throws, I just need them to be due to actual things effecting the pass, not just a random bad throw, even though I do feel we need those as well.

# 17 jp7588 @ 08/04/15 12:43 PM
I like a lot of the concept behind this stuff but it still looks robotic and a bit scripted in motion most of the times. Fortunately, that's the kind of thing that bothers me most when looking at these videos but not nearly as much when I'm actually playing.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 18 NDAlum @ 08/04/15 01:00 PM
It does seem to be a bit scripted. That formula has worked for NBA 2k.

Personally I want the organic feel.

I also the pop up animation doesn't happen very often.

# 19 SolidSquid @ 08/04/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
It does seem to be a bit scripted. That formula has worked for NBA 2k.

Personally I want the organic feel.

I also the pop up animation doesn't happen very often.

While NBA 2k def has some scripted animations the BALL is atleast dynamic. I don't wanna see the ball behave the same way and get popped way up into the air everytime that animation plays.

# 20 NDAlum @ 08/04/15 01:28 PM
I completely agree!

To add a bit: the ball physics overall are just bad. Also picking up the ball on fumbles and punts and pretty much every way possible when a ball is on the ground.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.