Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

IGN has posted some WWE 2K16 gameplay and entrance videos, along with some gameplay details. Chain grappling returns, with more transitions and moves, they will also have more impact with the different attribute values each wrestler has. So you will see ties, resulting in cheap shots or breakups. Working grapples are new this year, if you initiate the grapple, you can rest to gain more stamina, while your opponent loses some.

Quote:
You start each match with a limited stock of reversals. Once you use one, it will slowly regenerate over time, meaning that if you try to counter every move thrown your way, you'll be out in no time flat, leaving you completely vulnerable until one regenerates. What's more, you can now pass on your initial chance to reverse a move at its startup, and instead attempt a mosre difficult to time "major" reversal mid-move. It will cost you two reversal stocks, but the effects can be match-changing, debuffing your opponent in a variety of possible ways and giving you time to really turn things around.

Below are a few more WWE 2K16 details:
  • MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.
  • Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!
  • WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows
  • Online has been "overhauled."
  • Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole.
  • Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.
  • No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance!
  • Improved ref and manager AI.
Source - IGN

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bigbob @ 08/04/15 02:18 PM
The commentary definitely sounds incomplete and as someone mentioned, there was no JBL. Definitely an older build of the game.

# 22 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/04/15 02:41 PM

# 23 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/04/15 02:41 PM
Attachment 103709

Daniel Bryan

# 24 DatIsraeliGuy @ 08/04/15 02:53 PM
What does it mean that wrestlers can be booked to multiple shows?

# 25 Pezell04x @ 08/04/15 02:56 PM
I think it means more than one brand, but I could be wrong. So Daniel Bryan could be on Raw and ECW.

# 26 Bolt957 @ 08/04/15 03:04 PM
Hopefully CAW goes back to how it should be with a whole slew of options. 15 was entirely barebones. And is it save to say Create a Finisher isn't in? If so that sucks.

# 27 giantsharks @ 08/04/15 04:40 PM
Looks awesome! The new game play additions sound promising and good for 2k for taking a risk with new reversal system.

the cons: finns intro seemed a little off. Commentary was the same (hopefully early build) Crowd was blah.

# 28 SmashMan @ 08/04/15 05:25 PM
This is nitpicking in the big picture, but there is no depth to the WWE World Heavyweight title. It just looks like a flat photo of the belt.

# 29 MLB Bob @ 08/04/15 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
Hopefully CAW goes back to how it should be with a whole slew of options. 15 was entirely barebones. And is it save to say Create a Finisher isn't in? If so that sucks.
I think it might be "safe" to say youre correct that create a finisher isnt in..but a fact sheet would be sweet

# 30 countryboy @ 08/04/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
That commentary still sounds awful
I turn them off and commentate my own matches.

# 31 scottyp180 @ 08/04/15 08:52 PM
Not sure how I feel about this new reverse system. I like that they are trying something different but I'm not crazy about the reversals being limited. I also wonder exactly how it works. If I reverse a punch does that count the same as reversing a grapple move? How about reversing a finisher, do I need both a reversal and a finishers stocked? Like another poster said I wish they would at least have strike reversals and grapple reversals.

# 32 spidertour02 @ 08/04/15 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
This is nitpicking in the big picture, but there is no depth to the WWE World Heavyweight title. It just looks like a flat photo of the belt.

All of the belts are like this in 2K15.

# 33 BDKiiing @ 08/04/15 09:31 PM
I think the limited reversals and rest holds sound awesome to actually have a well paced and realistic match. If I wanted to be on offense the whole time I'd play UFC.

# 34 Trent Booty @ 08/04/15 09:43 PM
Excited for the MyCareer news and Universe stuff.

# 35 Dione2014 @ 08/05/15 01:15 AM
I'm so happy about what they did to the reversal system. That alone is gonna make for some very entertaining matches. Especially someone like me who goes through and re-rates wrestler attributes and skills. I'm gonna have this game playing like a dream. Exactly like you would see in WWE programming.

# 36 SmashMan @ 08/05/15 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
All of the belts are like this in 2K15.
Yeah. I don't think enough people care about it to bump it up the priority list, but I wish there was more attention paid to the title belts, especially the top title in the company. I'd actually think this would be a little higher up there considering they're bringing back created championships, but I guess not.

# 37 EricFreakingBerry @ 08/05/15 07:20 AM
Doesn't look bad and the creation suite materials coming back are a welcome addition, but I still need to know the CAW limitations before they can "take my money." I have 80 wrestlers to create so if they capped at 25 or 50 they can forget it.

# 38 bigbob @ 08/05/15 07:53 AM
Can anyone tell who's in the ring with Austin on the ramp?

# 39 StoneColdSwede @ 08/05/15 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Can anyone tell who's in the ring with Austin on the ramp?
It definitely looks like Seth Rollins to me.

# 40 csamuelsvt @ 08/05/15 08:11 AM
Not sure if anyone noticed but when the wrestlers are coming down the ramp, the crowd isn't even looking at them...they're looking away and at the ring...

Things like this kill just ruin the realism and i hope its fixed

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.