Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

IGN has posted some WWE 2K16 gameplay and entrance videos, along with some gameplay details. Chain grappling returns, with more transitions and moves, they will also have more impact with the different attribute values each wrestler has. So you will see ties, resulting in cheap shots or breakups. Working grapples are new this year, if you initiate the grapple, you can rest to gain more stamina, while your opponent loses some.

Quote:
You start each match with a limited stock of reversals. Once you use one, it will slowly regenerate over time, meaning that if you try to counter every move thrown your way, you'll be out in no time flat, leaving you completely vulnerable until one regenerates. What's more, you can now pass on your initial chance to reverse a move at its startup, and instead attempt a mosre difficult to time "major" reversal mid-move. It will cost you two reversal stocks, but the effects can be match-changing, debuffing your opponent in a variety of possible ways and giving you time to really turn things around.

Below are a few more WWE 2K16 details:
  • MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.
  • Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!
  • WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows
  • Online has been "overhauled."
  • Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole.
  • Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.
  • No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance!
  • Improved ref and manager AI.
Source - IGN

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/05/15 04:25 PM

# 42 nate1986 @ 08/05/15 05:06 PM
If i read the Universe mode tidbit right your gonna be able to have people set on more then just one "brand" so that means you could have Kevin Owens assigned to Raw AND NXT

# 43 Trent Booty @ 08/06/15 06:52 PM
Cole saying "Now THAT's making an entrance" about Rollins right after not saying a word during Balor's entrance. Lmao

# 44 Cowboy008 @ 08/06/15 08:12 PM
I hope there's more Universe news besides just that.

# 45 nate1986 @ 08/06/15 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I hope there's more Universe news besides just that.
Theres a couple months before its out, i wanna know the full roster

# 46 Mercury112491 @ 08/07/15 10:52 AM
The roster reveal is usually in conjunction with Summerslam so id expect it in a few weeks.

# 47 hawley088 @ 08/08/15 06:49 PM
this cant be on ps4/x1.....

# 48 goblue1523 @ 08/09/15 09:38 PM
Did you guys see the guy in the crowd wearing a SWAFT shirt? I'm excited that tag team is in the game.

# 49 wiscowilz @ 08/09/15 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue1523
Did you guys see the guy in the crowd wearing a SWAFT shirt? I'm excited that tag team is in the game.
There is a video highlighting a bunch of NXT shirts as well as legends and regular roster people.

# 50 spidertour02 @ 08/10/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Not sure if anyone noticed but when the wrestlers are coming down the ramp, the crowd isn't even looking at them...they're looking away and at the ring...

Things like this kill just ruin the realism and i hope its fixed
In 2K15, the crowd is locked into facing the ring at all times. It gets hilarious when, say, The Undertaker is chokeslamming somebody on the ramp and nobody is looking at him.

# 51 Reed1417 @ 08/10/15 12:56 PM
Yeah stuff like that doesn't bother me because like you, I tend to find it more hilarious than anything. Though I can understand why it bothers some.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 52 AshamanCarnage @ 08/11/15 09:53 PM
All this sounds great but...I will still hate life if creating your wrestler takes forever long due to 2 minute load times to add an arm band.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.